Thread: Blood DK ftw?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I've literally had DPS pull mobs. Not sure how people don't learn not to do this by level 120. I just left the group lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I actually like this personally. Allows for a more skilled Blood DK to be noticeably different from a bad one. Before it was just everyone spams DS and its all the same.
    agreed,reactive play is why I picked blood in the first place

Can someone please explain why Blooddinker is good ?
    30 sec CD,low heal, long channeltime and cost one rune.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's good for it's insane burst that it does.

I personally use Heartbreaker though because there is just so much trash and extra add pulling all the time.

Blooddrinker goes in my single target build along with Red Thirst.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    It's good for it's insane burst that it does.

I personally use Heartbreaker though because there is just so much trash and extra add pulling all the time.

Blooddrinker goes in my single target build along with Red Thirst.
    Ticks 3 times with 4-5k is insane burst ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    Are you new to the forums? Argue all you want, everyone is going to say the same thing: its taken for the burst damage it provides, you can spin it any way you want, chief!

I'm curious, what else do you want in this talent tree ? Rune Strike is a noob trap, and Hearthbreaker is more for defensive purposes. I'm taking the later because I like having quick RP for bonestorms in the beginning of each fights. The additionnal RPs for future DS are a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    mastery has been very weak since Legion,though it is currently much better than it was in Legion where a death strike would give you a shield that could take about 1/25th of one auto attack swing.All in all,the current scaling for it just doesn't make it worthwhile

Blooddrinker scales with attack power,and is currently pretty weak defensively,it is also below rune strike on damage if you're good with it(but better than rune strike if you're not too good with your runes yet)

- - - Updated - - -

the issue we have with aoe threat is that our blood boil has a cooldown,and isn't really damaging
    Compared to keg smash spam+breath of fire,or hammer of the righteous and avenger shield,it's pretty weak
    We also don't have increased threat abilities outside of taunts,so we'll lose in aoe threat against other tanks 9 times out of 10.We're pretty good at single target threat though

Also blood plague is nothing more than a flavour ability atm,its damage and healing is laughable,which means you don't have an actual constant aoe threat generation outside of DnD,which is still pretty low
    You're giving out bad/wrong advice. Blooddrinker is by far the BEST talent in that row and even the guides from the best players tell you so. You do have a constant threat aoe generation...your blood plague and your BLOOD BOIL. Dude, you suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Here people. This is your guide for blood. Lots of people on this forum are very very wrong. lol
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/blood-...builds-talents

MoP blood shield was stupid. This is coming from a former blood main. DK mit is spread about a lot more than it was in MoP or cata. It's far from the worst mastery, it's balanced. Good DS usage seperates good from bad Blood players, just like it always has. If all you're doing is sniping your healer's spells and stacking blood shield, using DS as a dps ability, you're playing blood wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please explain why Blooddinker is good ?
    30 sec CD,low heal, long channeltime and cost one rune.
    Blood isn't GCD locked, you can cast Blood Drinker without losing any resources or DPS. It takes 3 seconds, so you're filling a dead GCD with mitigation. It offers dramatically more mitigation than Rune Strike or Heartbreaker, which both offer absolutely laughable resource generation in harder content.

Heartbreaker is better for low level content where Bone Shield isn't an issue. Once mobs are busting Bone Shield in a single hit, you're not going to reliably be able to cast Heart Strike, let alone in the quantities you'd need to make Heartbreaker offer enough heart strikes to surpass Blood Drinker. Rune Strike is 1 rune per minute, which is laughably bad in almost all scenarios.

On top of all of this, BD is the single most damaging single target spell in any tank's kit, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    You're giving out bad/wrong advice. Blooddrinker is by far the BEST talent in that row and even the guides from the best players tell you so. You do have a constant threat aoe generation...your blood plague and your BLOOD BOIL. Dude, you suck.

- - - Updated - - -

Here people. This is your guide for blood. Lots of people on this forum are very very wrong. lol
    Icy veins has been trash for blood for years

Rune strike gives virtual haste and also is superior for DPS,not a coincidence if simulations run rune strike either,it allows you to circumvent the issues from having low haste
    Blooddrinker only heals you for 0.07% to 0.15% of your max health at 350 ilvl,and it costs a rune
    Blood plague is 175 to 200 damage/healing per second and generates less threat than most DPS dots;it's also one tick every 3 seconds which makes it even less reliable for threat generation
    Blood boil is CD locked,meaning you are very limited when it comes to snap aoe threat outside of Bonestorm,and you should never store blood boil charges because of Hemostasis in the first place

Again,Icy veins for blood has often been near Noxxic level of terrible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSAYSNO View Post
    MoP blood shield was stupid.

Rune Strike is 1 rune per minute, which is laughably bad in almost all scenarios.
    MoP blood shield was stupid indeed

However,Rune strike is more than a rune per minute,you can easily double it,and the point of it is to give you rune back after you drop below 3,very useful when you get against multiple mobs able to break your bone shield with every hit on the ICD

Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree with you when you say Blood Drinker is "by far the BEST". Blood Drinker while doing good dmg, it's healing sucks balls. What are you using it for? Healing? Bad choice cause its heal sucks dick. It's dmg? Ok that I can see, it hits pretty hard for a single target nuke but that aside, it's definitely NOT the "best" by far. Not even close. What constitutes being the best by far? I'd like to hear your explanation of your assessment on that. Because the so called "best players" say it is? Im sorry but the "best players" aren't always right when it comes to certain things. This is a subjective matter for you from the sounds of it.

When it comes to regeneration of resources to further fuel your Death Strike heals, I personally feel that Heartbreaker is the superior talent by leaps an bounds. Why? Because resource generation with it is NOTICEABLY better which in turn results in more Death Strikes which results in better survivability. Seeing as how certain keystones, tanks are forced to kite in some cases, resource generation to me is a hell of a lot more important than a shit ass heal that Blood Drinker has(Its practically negligible and it's dmg in a higher keystone won't do shit to those mobs health) because resources are what fuel our main healing ability - Death Strike which its heal IS noticeable by leaps an bounds. More resources = more Death strikes = better survivability. If you take Blood Drinker it's purely from a dps standpoint and that alone. It does do damn nice dmg and I like the talent but it's definitely not the proper talent to take when it comes to pushing keystones or for better survivability, regardless of what the "best players" say. Take what the "best players" say with a grain of salt, because at the end of the day it's just their opinion.
    Last edited by Extremities; 2018-09-09 at 10:53 PM.

Icy veins has been trash for blood for years

Rune strike gives virtual haste and also is superior for DPS,not a coincidence if simulations run rune strike either,it allows you to circumvent the issues from having low haste
    Blooddrinker only heals you for 0.07% to 0.15% of your max health at 350 ilvl,and it costs a rune
    Blood plague is 175 to 200 damage/healing per second and generates less threat than most DPS dots;it's also one tick every 3 seconds which makes it even less reliable for threat generation
    Blood boil is CD locked,meaning you are very limited when it comes to snap aoe threat outside of Bonestorm,and you should never store blood boil charges because of Hemostasis in the first place

Again,Icy veins for blood has often been near Noxxic level of terrible

- - - Updated - - -

MoP blood shield was stupid indeed

However,Rune strike is more than a rune per minute,you can easily double it,and the point of it is to give you rune back after you drop below 3,very useful when you get against multiple mobs able to break your bone shield with every hit on the ICD
    I dont agree with that at all. If your bone shield is getting busted, you're in worse shape than 1 rune generation on the gcd with 2 charges can handle. Mob time to kill needs to be incredibly low from that emergency point, or your incoming damage needs to lower during the very short window of relevance.

From behind, it doesn't offer enough fast enough to bail you out of trouble, from parity it's strictly worse than Blooddrinker, and from ahead, it's legitimately useless and isnt even in the same universe compared to Blooddrinker.

There's a lot of theory I can go into on this, and I can go down the rabbit hole with this if you really want, but a quick TLDR is that every time you cast Blooddrinker, you save yourself a death strike due to the healing, which effectively gives blooddrinker a +80 runic power per minute benefit, compared to 2 runes+1/m that rune strike offers. I can break it down farther if you want, but the econ on blooddrinker dramatically surpasses Rune Strike, but Rune Strike can potentially help you in a pinch for a very short duration. If your bone shield is getting busted, Rune Strike will only help if you can reduce incoming damage before you enter a rune starved state again. The overall econ of BD is just dramatically better.

Quote Originally Posted by JESUSSAYSNO View Post
    I dont agree with that at all. If your bone shield is getting busted, you're in worse shape than 1 rune generation on the gcd with 2 charges can handle. Mob time to kill needs to be incredibly low from that emergency point, or your incoming damage needs to lower during the very short window of relevance.

From behind, it doesn't offer enough fast enough to bail you out of trouble, from parity it's strictly worse than Blooddrinker, and from ahead, it's legitimately useless and isnt even in the same universe compared to Blooddrinker.

There's a lot of theory I can go into on this, and I can go down the rabbit hole with this if you really want, but a quick TLDR is that every time you cast Blooddrinker, you save yourself a death strike due to the healing, which effectively gives blooddrinker a +80 runic power per minute benefit, compared to 2 runes+1/m that rune strike offers. I can break it down farther if you want, but the econ on blooddrinker dramatically surpasses Rune Strike, but Rune Strike can potentially help you in a pinch for a very short duration. If your bone shield is getting busted, Rune Strike will only help if you can reduce incoming damage before you enter a rune starved state again. The overall econ of BD is just dramatically better.
    Except that the healing from blood drinker is at best 45 times lower than the minimum healing from death strike (0.15% of max health if all ticks of BD crit compared to 7% minimum healing,and you should never get minimum healing with death strike)
    And that's factoring the str increase from both a flask and Fallen Crusader procs,it heals me for 15k baseline with these buffs when I have 210K max health

Except that the healing from blood drinker is at best 45 times lower than the minimum healing from death strike (0.15% of max health if all ticks of BD crit compared to 7% minimum healing,and you should never get minimum healing with death strike)
    And that's factoring the str increase from both a flask and Fallen Crusader procs,it heals me for 15k baseline with these buffs when I have 210K max health
    Your math is very, very, very, very bad. 0.15% of 210k is about 3.1k, which is an impossible number given the spell's scaling. I'm healing at about a 1/1 rate between the two spells. Blooddrinker is mitting higher than a single DS with some damage buffer. With very high damage buffer DS will beat it out.

Like I dont know how to continue, you've said that DS heals 45 times more than BD, which is factually and anecdotally impossible. I don't really have much respect for anything you're saying on numbers at this point, I'm sorry?
    Last edited by JESUSSAYSNO; 2018-09-10 at 01:30 AM.

0.15% of 210k is 210,000 × 0.0015 = 315. Pretty sure you guys missed a zero.

Quote Originally Posted by S3ptic View Post
    0.15% of 210k is 210,000 × 0.0015 = 315. Pretty sure you guys missed a zero.
    Pretty sure you failed math. It's 31.5k

Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    you sure? Becuse just 1% of 210 000 = 2100. So I don't know how less % can be more?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rylad View Post
    No he is right and you failed at math.
    0,15% of 210k is exactly 315. 1% of 210k would be 2100.
    Blooddrinker heals for quite a bit, I think for my dk it heals for around 15k, which equals to 7% of my life. So... like a minimum DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormstrîke View Post
    Blooddrinker heals for quite a bit, I think for my dk it heals for around 15k, which equals to 7% of my life. So... like a minimum DS.
    This is also what I'm seeing. Though tbh, I'm usually taking blooddrinker more for the ST damage and snap aggro when pulling, and I also find it very nice when kiting a mob. Damage+healing while running around kiting Trothak in Ring of Booty? Yes please!

Can we all agree that :
    Take BD for raid.
    Take Heartbreaker for m+.
    Take Rune Strike because either you hate having a very slow GCD tank and you like having another button to press, or because you pair it up with Rune tap for very specifics reasons.
    Can we please stop now ? :beer:

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You kite like 90% of the time this week anyway, and pulling too large on higher affixes equates to death anyway. I don't really see the value for heart breaker at all. At best in the higher keys I do you skirt around DnD/Blizzard and press blood boil, and occasionally you get to channel blood drinker while running.

None of them are out of this world amazing that one is way better than the other anyway, so it's whatever.