Thread: Wow is FUN!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I guess only on the official forums cause they have to be subscribed to post there
    Why would their opinions matter? Sure they get that period to post their opinion before their month is up or they renew but does it matter?
    For all their complaining they still pay the monthly fee so at the end of the day Blizzard doesn't care.

Edit: Besides all the green posts are cop outs, blizzard white knights saying there are no issues like Snow Fox.
    Of course the blue posters like Ythesis or whatever his name is pops in once in a while to post a joke or his experience as a player before leaving to post on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    good answer
    It really isn't if you bothered to think about it for more than a minute.
    Last edited by Toho; 2018-09-17 at 05:44 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Why would their opinions matter? Sure they get that period to post their opinion before their month is up or they renew but does it matter?
    For all their complaining they still pay the monthly fee so at the end of the day Blizzard doesn't care.
    I meant it as a joke, some people on here (MMOC) treat people who are unsubbed like they have 0 right to any opinion.

And just look at the post afterwards
    Last edited by Teri; 2018-09-17 at 05:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I meant it as a joke, some people on here (MMOC) treat people who are unsubbed like they have 0 right to any opinion.

Lol indeed.

To be honest most people like Gnomewarlock have invested so much time and energy on WoW that they view any disagreements by the player base as a sort of betrayal or personal attack. Like Blizzard is going to take their game away from them if people don't like WoW in whatever state it is presented.

Just look at the link he provided. "What keeps you going in BFA" is the positive constructive criticism he is looking for. Its kind of sad to be honest.

People who are not subbed really shouldn't have an opinion.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Its really not.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who are not subbed really shouldn't have an opinion.
    Another stupid statement.
    First off if they are going to stay subbed regardless of what blizzard does then why should their opinions matter? Blizzard could literally do anything and these people could bitch and scream bloody murder but by paying every month they are supporting Blizzard.

Its your typical "See you tomorrow" kind of a joke.

As for people who actually vote with their wallets and leave is where their opinions actually count if blizzard wants to recover these lost customers or attract new ones.
    For a 44 year old with tons of money you seem to lack some very basic understandings when it comes to business.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Ion is that you?
    Lol you beat me to it.

On topic, yeah, I'm digging BfA. The issues that are glaring don't affect me as much since I'm a part-time player and I've really only been grinding 7th Legion rep and playing alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    It is great that we have you who flames everyone on this thread as stupid who doesnt agree to your personal tunnel vision.

Learn to accept other opinions. If you call everyone you disagree stupid you wont get very far in real life.
    If you actually bothered to read my points I was not debating him in regards to BFA's mechanics or game systems which are totally subjective in how a person may enjoy them.
    Instead we were debating how consumer feedback is received.

Also, again, I did not say he was stupid, I said what he was SAYING is stupid.
    Learn the difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Consumer feedback surely isnt about calling other opinions stupid. And now hush, and learn to discuss.
    Thats not even the point being made.
    You are mixing the issues completely.

Edit: You now edited your statement so I have to address it.

Consumer feedback is received by a lot of different means, be it forums or social media. And on social media noone checks if you are subbed.
    Agreed but the person you are seemingly defending Gnomewarlock says only paying customers that currently have access to Official Forums have valid opinions.
    I pointed out how silly such a statement is considering if these consumers will pay regardless of what blizzard does their opinion hardly matters as Blizzard loses nothing in rolling out good or bad content.
    Last edited by Toho; 2018-09-17 at 06:32 PM.

Thats not even the point being made.
    You are mixing the issues completely.

Edit: You now edited your statement so I have to address it.

Agreed but the person you are seemingly defending Gnomewarlock says only paying customers that currently have access to Official Forums have valid opinions.
    I pointed out how silly such a statement is considering if these consumers will pay regardless of what blizzard does their opinion hardly matters as Blizzard loses nothing in rolling out good or bad content.
    It's also silly to assume the majority of WoW subscribers will swallow whatever Blizzard does and are subbed forever. The past already showed that the majority does not comply with everything (see the insane drop in subs when WoD didn't deliver). From 10m release to 5,5m in a few months.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2018-09-17 at 07:02 PM.

For a 44 year old with tons of money you seem to lack some very basic understandings when it comes to business.
    Given what I make and spend on this game every month, I would say I know more about being a heartless corporateer like Blizz than you do. But we're done here. Have a nice day.

Just to jump back on a comment, mop was "the worst expansion ever" at start too... Daily lotus quests, anyone ? You remember these, right ? We will see if the expansion is good or bad after some times, for now, it's interresting if you didn't rush-gobble up everything like a madman playing 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Just to jump back on a comment, mop was "the worst expansion ever" at start too... Daily lotus quests, anyone ? You remember these, right ? We will see if the expansion is good or bad after some times, for now, it's interresting if you didn't rush-gobble up everything like a madman playing 24/7.
    MoP was the worst for me, slightly above WoD. There wasn't much I enjoyed about the expac. Death by dailies, Halfhill farm, and Horde getting the lion's share of the content with Garrosh at the wheel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    It's also silly to assume the majority of WoW subscribers will swallow whatever Blizzard does and are subbed forever. The past already showed that the majority does not comply with everything (see the insane drop in subs when WoD didn't deliver). From 10m release to 5,5m in a few months.
    Oh I was not saying that at all.
    And yes I agree people will leave but Gnomewarlock seems to be under the impression that these leavers should not be listened to because they are no longer paying customers.

Which I just find insane.
    In the long run if you listen only the most rabid fans as your only source of feedback...

Given what I make and spend on this game every month, I would say I know more about being a heartless corporateer like Blizz than you do. But we're done here. Have a nice day.
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Bye bye.
    Last edited by Toho; 2018-09-17 at 07:18 PM.

I'm not going to call it my favorite expansion, but I'm having way more fun now than I was at this point in legion. Part of that I recognize as my personal playstyle - I like having several max lvl alts raid ready and competitive, witch legiondaries made super difficult.

I also enjoyed the alliance side zone stories way more, although I'm pretty tired of them after repeating a few times.

That said, the corners they've been cutting really hold the whole expac back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm VERY much enjoying myself, but like, removing the fangirl blinders, I do see a lot of problems.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by PHGamer View Post
    I feel as if i should comment as a veteran player

BFA is not WOD yet...

So heres the thing. blizzard has a known of good/bad xpac at least recently. Cata and Wod generally are panned as bad. Peopled like MOP and Legion. I knew this and planned accordingly.

Having played the starting zones on both horde and alliance I found the leveling quite enjoyable. (yes there was some slow down towards the end. but if you didnt pay attention to forums you wouldnt have known it was because of scalig issues.) in fact the only reason i noticed something off was when i was 120 and found i couldnt take many mobs on at as ret while i could back when i was leveling. I thought it was because i was undergeared (which i am based on their algorithms) and had to adjust.

The music was nice, the tone of both islands were nice (though different) . and i liked the idea of getting the zone armor for all armor classes when i leveled the zones.

It was aparent though once you hit end game and get geared that there wouldnt be much to do till the raid. and even then less because you only collect once set of mog gear since tier sets dont exist no more. The same thing with world quests which while i liked initially. I realized they were all just the damn same, and there wasnt as much variety as their was for the ones in legion.

This is blizzards problem with their bad xpacs. They dont have content, or interesting content. because if they made 40 more kill this mob quests it would just be dull. WoD actually started ok good when it came out. sure there was some garrison bugs initially but most people enjoyed gorgrond and nagrand. I fund the skettis storyline very interesting.
    BUT
    there came nothing afterwards except the selfie patch and people just did missions all day. So its now the most hated xpac.

Cata was the same. WOLTK high. they said they were going to make dungeons harder again but then content droought for a whole year which is why they released the diablo bonus.

Point is ,this xpac isn't bad yet. but people are feeling that its going to be the same thing. less content.

Now what to do if your that person? well my advice is if you cant keep yourself entertained at the theme park (because lets be honest thats what its become. progression really doesnt matter no more. Nothing matters no more. its an "A"musement part. Your not supposed to care no more. So if your not amused past a couple of months; unsub. And i dont mean that in a sarcastic way. I mean. if your not getting enjoyment out of a product and you feel as if there is no content you should take your money elsewhere. Its the only way to let blizzard know that hey they cant do this.

As for me, veteran player, I know this already. I have a busier personal life now than i did when i first started in vanilla. So for me, this xpac allows me to level my alts. and go back and gather basically all the armor sets. Build up some reps. collect some pets I missed. I was expecting a ton of Lemons and so i set up my lemonde stand :-p.
    I agree with most, but CATA was amazing, I loved it because it still felt like Warcraft, after CATA for me the game has been a total letdown and I am not invested in it at all. I despised MOP as it was the first time I unsubbed from the game EVER. then Came WOD total shit I think I stayed subbed for about a month and then legion actually held my attention through the first tier then I said screw this rep grind BS to unlock some mythic dungeons so I unsubbed again and then I got roped into the shit show that is BFA by a buddy and now just 3 weeks in I am ready to unsub I have nothing to do after Raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toitoi View Post
    Personally i’m having the time of my life playing wow right now and i dont think wow deserves all the hate it’s getting.
    It's great that you're enjoying it. I know many do, but to say that it doesn't deserve the hate is for the customers to decide, of course barring some extreme accusations.

Many are getting tired of all of the bugs that were reported and ignored in the Beta.
    Many don't like the Azerite trait system as it currently is.
    Many don't like Island Expeditions after the first few.
    Many don't like the timegating and feels it's out of hand.

There is more than that, but I think all of those are valid reasons to not be too happy about the expansion. Of course, if you enjoy them, more power to you, but there is a split in opinion. That's all most of the "hate" is, just genuine discontent at what we were provided with.

Oh, and when you have to resort to insults in your response, it pretty much invalidates your argument
    No, it doesn't. Invalidating it is a fallacy itself. He called your statement dumb then provided reasons for it. Trying to dismiss those reasons because "you said the word dumb" isn't logical.

The fact you then call him a kid, makes me laugh. I guess it's only okay when you do it?

At this point, there is no real discussion to be had with you, so forgive me if I simply ignore your ass moving forward.
    Ever think that maybe you're the issue? You've been nothing but obnoxious in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Ever think that maybe you're the issue? You've been nothing but obnoxious in this thread.
    I was all kinds of positive until someone called my comment dumb. Yeah, I used a bit of irony returning the favor with the kid comment. Truth is I should have ignored his ass from the start. Nothing wrong with my opinion... or his. So, I stopped responding. Oh, and incase you glossed over it "since I have been nothing but obnoxious in this thread":

BFA is a blast. Ignore the toxicity of the forums. It's mostly whiners wanting Blizz to do it the player's way, instead of their own.
    If he took that personally and felt the need to repond, maybe he should have thicker skin.

As for the TOPIC, BFA really IS a blast, and while there are some minor issues, nothing is truly gamebreaking. I stand by my comment telling the OP to ignore all of the toxicity of the forums. The only thing wrong the BFA is the whiners. If they would unsub and wait til 9.0, BFA would finally have a chance to be enjoyed by those who are not bothered by minuscule issues.

Deleted
    Yes, the vast majority of players are enjoying the game. It's just a vocal minority of the forum dwellers blowing things out of proportion.

Screw them! I enjoy the game and i'm having a lot of fun. Actually, i wish i didn't want to play it so much so i could make progress on my game library.