Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Sorry you don't like the expansion. Much less sorry that you can't manage to communicate that without acting like your opinion is objective reality.
    Well, the storytelling who make absolutly no sense at all, who is not believable at all, even by Wow's standards.
    The allied races who have nothing to do in the game and are a big mistake, and the biggest proof that Wow devs are throwing their shit everywhere.

The Void Elves and the Nightborne more precisely: the first have no sense and are a pseudo race directly pulled from the ass with no coherence. The second joining the Horde makes no sense, objectively they would have be better in the Alliance, but for real, they should never have been playable in the first place: they have been saved by both factions, and are healing from the Legion invasion and are in dire need to rebuild their civilization; they can't seriously take part in a war who is not and has never been theirs.

Jaina is still alive and kicking in Kul'Tiras, while she is actualy and objectively a traitor and a regicide, she should have been executed on spot the moment she set foot in Kul'Tiras. Even without that, she abandonned the world when the Legion invaded it, and when she was needed the most, but she is still accepted back by the Alliance?

A bunch of new characters who have no charisma and no use as been added to the game, but i'll let that slip: it is an habit from Blizzard, so ok.

Yrel and the AU draenei are writen as light fanatics who chase and murder the orcs in the AU: that's bullshit and ridiculous beyond redemption, and this again show that Blizzard is not even knowing how to write their own races coherently, especially the draenei, but after Wod and them destroying the draenei lore with those insults who are maraad and the sargerai, i should not be surprised.

We already know for sure and without a single doubt possible that the war will end with a sudden peace between the factions, and that EVERY single thing committed by the Horde (and the Horde ONLY, because the Horde is the only one to commit crimes, trying to pass the Alliance as morally at the same level as the Horde is utterly ridiculous and a flat out lie) will be forgiven, and will not have any consequence for the future of the game, EXACTLY the same thing who happened at the end of Mop after Garrosh's defeat; oh yes, because BFA is a remake of MOP, it was evident from the very first day when they announced that joke expansion, because yes, BFA is a joke, there isn't other words to describe that crap.
    So, the Horde will have committed crimes beyond redemption against the Alliance TWO times, everytime betraying the peace, everytime attacking first (and don't try to use that fake argument about Genn attacking in Torheim, as he is not the Alliance and he acted all by himself, going as far as faking orders from Anduin, and i said from the beginning he and Rogers should have been executed for high treason); but...Somehow, those litteral monsters will be let in peace instead of being exterminated by the Alliance because that's the only reasonable thing to do to beings who are constantly betraying and trying to kill you, and have proven multiple times they were not "morally grey", but utterly and for ever purely evil (notably the Orcs and the Forsaken).
    So, how many times will we have that bullshit story whose end will bring no consequence at all? Two? Three? Ten? Because you know it like me: there won't be any consequence, because the only true consequence possible is the complete and definitive annihilation of the Horde, which mean it's removal from the game, and of course, Blizzard won't do that because it would sign the end of the game; and yes: the Alliance will win, it is not doubtfull at all, military and power wise, the Alliance is akin to the USA while the Horde is akin to Germany; and even lorewise: the bad guy (in that case Sylvanas) must die for the story to end, especially in a setting were your business model is to provide regular sequels.

Lore aside, i can also tell you about the class balance who is horrible, the design who is clunky and stupid, the multiple bugs everywhere, including some who were reported since the alpha; Legion also had multiple bugs who were not corrected, i especially remember the class hall bug, who was present since the alpha, and was not corrected until a hotfix during the 7.2, right after that bug gone mad and triggered almost constantly; to be honest, the bugs are not linked to BFA, but more to the pathetic and utter ineptitude of the devs since Wod: the quality of the game and the bug fixes has dramaticaly decreased since then.

The content poorly and badly designed: island expeditions, who are already abandonned, because they are bland, uninteresting, do not reward anything valuable.
    The world quests who are obnoxious and too repetitive, even more than Legion, most of them being completely stupid and seem designed only to make people loose time.
    The warfronts are crap and their way of functionning leads to a faction imbalance and an unfair treatment for the players.

The mythic + who is still present in the game, while it is one of the worst features ever implemented, under the false pretense is is the only way to make dungeons relevant for all the expansion, while in the precedent Xpac, Mop for example, they had already designed the perfect system: the valor points. That concept should have been kept and expanded: use valor points to upgrade your stuff, use valor points to reforge your stuff, use valor points to add a gem slot to your stuff, use valor points to buy a weekly buff, etc etc; instead we have diablo 3 system which is ridiculous and is even more retarded than Legion: bugs, bad tuning, the affixes are poorly designed and create only frustration.

They kept the warforged and titanforged crap, which is the very thing who is destroying the interest to do mythic raids.

They removed set tiers, which was a dick move and completely injustified.

The azerite armors are a poorly system made to replace the tier sets and Legion legendaries, but are unrewarding, bland, and are clearly the work of some lazy designed with no imagination.

No yeah, but no, i'm sorry, BFA is by far the worst expansion ever, even beating Wod by a fair margin, in fact, from the very moment BFA was announced, i predicted it would flop and that it would be the worst expansion ever, and seing what happening right now as the expansion is only 6 weeks lengh, i was completely right, and the expansion will end in a massive failure, in fact, it is already a massive failure and a big mistake from Blizzard who thought people had forgotten Wod and that they could do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Ah ah ah. Your answer and your blind support is exactly why Blizzard can still give the middle finger to everyone. Wod didn't serve you well apparently.
    Not being delusional =/= blind support. I've been plenty critical of Blizzard, especially as of late.
    I simply oppose the hyperbole, the sheer stupidity, of the crowd pretending that Blizzard's "giving the middle finger" or that they somehow have authority on what constitutes an actual expansion.

What you mean by "WoD didn't serve you well apparently", I'm not even going to ask, can't expect someone such as yourself to contribute a coherent argument free from an inflated sense of self-importance.

At least one can quickly dismiss the people trying to argue that BfA is "literally worse than WoD", so thanks for that. Makes things easier on these forums when people put their intellectually dishonest nonsense on display.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-09-22 at 09:27 PM.

Something that most people will probably miss is the Tree of life model!

For the people not from WC3 here's a quick reminder of that that tree is about :
    "The Tree of Life is a mighty enchanted sapling of the World Tree, Nordrassil, from which the night elves draw their life energies. This mysterious ancient is the key to the night elves' immortality and harmonious coexistence with nature. Nordrassil's energy, channeled through the tree of life, allows the night elves to benefit from its powers regardless of the vast distances that might separate them."
    That thing is really, REALLY interesting lorewise. For the longest time Blizz told us that the NE sacrificed their immortality when they blew up the tree at the end of WC3, but as we know in wow, the tree is perfectly fine, so there's no reason for the NE to have lost that immortality, and now that the Tree of Life is FINALLY present in wow, that seem to confirm that point. The Night Elves are once again immortals.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    He escapes. And isn't that scenario for battle pet stuff? What old lady are you referring too?
    He is a boss is zuldazar raid, and there are some nice datamined text. Escape pod could mean he just changing phase etc. But sure, we don't really know much yet.

Katherine Proudmoore is part of a bossfight in there. I got a feeling.

But it's all just speculation at the moment of course, we'll see :>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    Ummmmm ... you posted in a ptr thread ... linked a ptr image ... and then went on to make a disparaging remark about bugs ... in the ptr thread ... right under your image of the ptr login page.

Dude. Mr Contentder. Sir. Had you posted anywhere other than the ptr thread, I doubt you'd have heard a word. But you did.

It's like you posted your comment that you heard somebody say someplace, and were waiting around for people to give you high fives and fist bumps for being witty. Except that everyone else kinda backed away since we all understand the difference between live and ptr.

Cheers "M8".
    Doesn't matter. It was a post about BfA, hence why I used BfA and not PTR. Not my problem you got triggered over it and decided to write a whole horse analogy to convey your feelings about it. Keep that shit in your Tumblr blogs next time.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Well, the storytelling who make absolutly no sense at all, who is not believable at all, even by Wow's standards.
    The allied races who have nothing to do in the game and are a big mistake, and the biggest proof that Wow devs are throwing their shit everywhere.

The Void Elves and the Nightborne more precisely: the first have no sense and are a pseudo race directly pulled from the ass with no coherence. The second joining the Horde makes no sense, objectively they would have be better in the Alliance, but for real, they should never have been playable in the first place: they have been saved by both factions, and are healing from the Legion invasion and are in dire need to rebuild their civilization; they can't seriously take part in a war who is not and has never been theirs.

Jaina is still alive and kicking in Kul'Tiras, while she is actualy and objectively a traitor and a regicide, she should have been executed on spot the moment she set foot in Kul'Tiras. Even without that, she abandonned the world when the Legion invaded it, and when she was needed the most, but she is still accepted back by the Alliance?

A bunch of new characters who have no charisma and no use as been added to the game, but i'll let that slip: it is an habit from Blizzard, so ok.

Yrel and the AU draenei are writen as light fanatics who chase and murder the orcs in the AU: that's bullshit and ridiculous beyond redemption, and this again show that Blizzard is not even knowing how to write their own races coherently, especially the draenei, but after Wod and them destroying the draenei lore with those insults who are maraad and the sargerai, i should not be surprised.

We already know for sure and without a single doubt possible that the war will end with a sudden peace between the factions, and that EVERY single thing committed by the Horde (and the Horde ONLY, because the Horde is the only one to commit crimes, trying to pass the Alliance as morally at the same level as the Horde is utterly ridiculous and a flat out lie) will be forgiven, and will not have any consequence for the future of the game, EXACTLY the same thing who happened at the end of Mop after Garrosh's defeat; oh yes, because BFA is a remake of MOP, it was evident from the very first day when they announced that joke expansion, because yes, BFA is a joke, there isn't other words to describe that crap.
    So, the Horde will have committed crimes beyond redemption against the Alliance TWO times, everytime betraying the peace, everytime attacking first (and don't try to use that fake argument about Genn attacking in Torheim, as he is not the Alliance and he acted all by himself, going as far as faking orders from Anduin, and i said from the beginning he and Rogers should have been executed for high treason); but...Somehow, those litteral monsters will be let in peace instead of being exterminated by the Alliance because that's the only reasonable thing to do to beings who are constantly betraying and trying to kill you, and have proven multiple times they were not "morally grey", but utterly and for ever purely evil (notably the Orcs and the Forsaken).
    So, how many times will we have that bullshit story whose end will bring no consequence at all? Two? Three? Ten? Because you know it like me: there won't be any consequence, because the only true consequence possible is the complete and definitive annihilation of the Horde, which mean it's removal from the game, and of course, Blizzard won't do that because it would sign the end of the game; and yes: the Alliance will win, it is not doubtfull at all, military and power wise, the Alliance is akin to the USA while the Horde is akin to Germany; and even lorewise: the bad guy (in that case Sylvanas) must die for the story to end, especially in a setting were your business model is to provide regular sequels.

Lore aside, i can also tell you about the class balance who is horrible, the design who is clunky and stupid, the multiple bugs everywhere, including some who were reported since the alpha; Legion also had multiple bugs who were not corrected, i especially remember the class hall bug, who was present since the alpha, and was not corrected until a hotfix during the 7.2, right after that bug gone mad and triggered almost constantly; to be honest, the bugs are not linked to BFA, but more to the pathetic and utter ineptitude of the devs since Wod: the quality of the game and the bug fixes has dramaticaly decreased since then.

The content poorly and badly designed: island expeditions, who are already abandonned, because they are bland, uninteresting, do not reward anything valuable.
    The world quests who are obnoxious and too repetitive, even more than Legion, most of them being completely stupid and seem designed only to make people loose time.
    The warfronts are crap and their way of functionning leads to a faction imbalance and an unfair treatment for the players.

The mythic + who is still present in the game, while it is one of the worst features ever implemented, under the false pretense is is the only way to make dungeons relevant for all the expansion, while in the precedent Xpac, Mop for example, they had already designed the perfect system: the valor points. That concept should have been kept and expanded: use valor points to upgrade your stuff, use valor points to reforge your stuff, use valor points to add a gem slot to your stuff, use valor points to buy a weekly buff, etc etc; instead we have diablo 3 system which is ridiculous and is even more retarded than Legion: bugs, bad tuning, the affixes are poorly designed and create only frustration.

They kept the warforged and titanforged crap, which is the very thing who is destroying the interest to do mythic raids.

They removed set tiers, which was a dick move and completely injustified.

The azerite armors are a poorly system made to replace the tier sets and Legion legendaries, but are unrewarding, bland, and are clearly the work of some lazy designed with no imagination.

No yeah, but no, i'm sorry, BFA is by far the worst expansion ever, even beating Wod by a fair margin, in fact, from the very moment BFA was announced, i predicted it would flop and that it would be the worst expansion ever, and seing what happening right now as the expansion is only 6 weeks lengh, i was completely right, and the expansion will end in a massive failure, in fact, it is already a massive failure and a big mistake from Blizzard who thought people had forgotten Wod and that they could do it again.
    This is literally so much of truth I had hopes for BfA, but it was actually the first Blizzcon that didn't hype me so much when they announced this xpac.
    The thing I always repeat, is that their storytelling owadays really troubles me - it's some kind of poor copy of "Game of Thrones"? That backstage plotting and the endless statements of devs like "You will see the true intentions of characters later..." brings me to tears. I want it now, not tomorrow. I want to know the threat - otherwise the fight feels pointless and not really much of a fun at all. The whole concept of war is basically wrong. I have a feeling they tried to make it more believable and human with things like scorched-earth policy with Undercity. But it feels so wrong

All those systems aren't interweaved well. Instead, one comes from another - and for example the whole system of Azerite feels mandatory, thus all that is conntected to this systems oblige me to repeat it (like Island Expeditions).

And the worst thing of all. WoW lost the deifference between casual and hardcore - the line is so blurred nowadays. People have no time or willigness to be better and stronger? That's why they get the gear from warfront, mythic+ and all the other stuff. Like Uncle said: mythic raids feels pointless beside the wowprogress and achievements. I remmeber the days, when the good loot came from the raids. Now I can much better loot from some super-uber titanforge and with that stupid system people easily sold the joy of hard progression for some brief moment of happiness when they drop 395 gear from world quests or warfronts. It's simply wrong.

And that's why I agree with Uncle. And basically it's an objective truth. The game's difficulty drops so hard, it became very casual and lost the sense of being rewarded for being skilled. Even heritage armor is just a matter of a questline. Why didn't they spent those graphic desing resources to make a gear on some challenging stuff like Mage Towers (but this time with fixed ilvl, so it will stay meaningful for the rest of xpac)? It all starts when some universal standards; some basic rules are broken - just like blurring the line between casual and harcore. I have a strong feeling that now the game is all about the time-commitment, not a skill at all.

And I say it all as a noob and casual with 358 ilvl, with only Atal'Dazar 6+ done...

When people DEMAND and Blizzard listen to those demands and carry it out, it all collapses. Blizzard needs to understand that not everything what people demand is healthy for their game. But on the other hand I think it might be hard for the to understand as long as they have many delusional supporters of EVERYTHING, and they lost the passion and turned it mainly for a profit - proof? The best mounts comes from shop? Those with unique models, not the recolors. All you get from game are 10 recolors of the same horse

Anyway, I believe that Blizzard did really good job with zones aesthetics and music - and that would be all. 6 weeks and the game is dying

STILL nothing about Worgen and Goblin redesigns.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    All the paragon rep hate is silly.

Hate doing paragon rep grinds? Don't do them.

"Yeah but I can't get the mounts then!" Yeah, well if you don't PVP, you can't get those mounts, or if you don't do mythic content you can't get those mounts. Etc.
    Ever since MoP I've never understood people who have no ability to restrain themselves (doing every MoP daily on 10 characters , grinding out Paragon caches) who want everyone else limited so they don't get burned out.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

<almost exclusively subjective stuff you are still passing off as objective truth>
    That's a long list of things that irk you, so you probably shouldn't play BfA. But, again, most of that is subjective. Also, some shit is more important/less important to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post
    Something that most people will probably miss is the Tree of life model!
    I'm really stoked to finally see it and the Ancient of Wind in the game. The other Ancients getting a retexture is also a nice bonus.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Ever since MoP I've never understood people who have no ability to restrain themselves (doing every MoP daily on 10 characters , grinding out Paragon caches) who want everyone else limited so they don't get burned out.
    They're just addicted and afraid of losing out, there's not much to understand other than sunk-cost fallacy.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

5+ Year Old Account
    Lol, the string of either Baine or someone else saying that sylvanas led us to victory against the legion. She was there for selfish reasons and to enslave the Valkyr, failed, poof she's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    There are bugs from beta that are still in live.
    But go ahead, act like you said something intelligent if it makes you feel as such.
    There were and still are bugs in every release since the game was released. No dev fixes 100% of bugs. It's a unrealistic expectation.

7+ Year Old Account

Unhappy

Oh, my eyes!... what happened to Tyrande
    It wasn't very good, but now it's just "new elf female model"-degree awful. Yikes.

--- Edit ---
    Also sabers looks dirty because of wool art, which isn't smoothly merge with each other forming a neatly homogeneous beautiful coating, but covered in pieces/clods of thick lines drawing. Friend was right, they'll never learn how to draw proper hair/fur/wool. If they really wanted to depict something, they could use barely perceptible thin lines, but these are just agglutinated fur pieces (by the way stag is more or less decent in this sense, but "GorillaBoss" isn't ).

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Also, they still don't know how to draw fur/hair properly/naturally, that's why humans never will have long beards (2nd and main reason, of course, is that humans have too long necks for such transition), even new dwarves' ones (those long and voluminous) looks terrible. Implementation was in one texture in old models, which was a solid texture from face to belly, and ends didn't merge with body textures, they lay on top, not to mention drawing/mosaic itself. All "after change" beards in one way or another resemble solid plastic blotch in model, not hair. Some less, some more, but diagnosis is same everywhere. If you look closely, they didn’t even deal right with color and shade/light change directions, it goes across waves for old models, which emphasizes and is explained by relief, and for mostly new ones - along, what else can we talk about. Same with fur picture, bold unnatural lines not related directly to depicted "object", looks like just as in an attempt to emphasize unnaturalness/artificiality thereof, and plastic tufts-pieces sickly sticking out of model.

Strange as it may seem, but aforementioned model from HotS is doing quite well with that problem
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2023-05-02 at 10:17 AM.

Are you guys going to show the armor sets?

WoWHead sucks dick

Was hoping for more with the Night Warrior cosmetic. A particle effect for the eyes and a tattoo around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Lol, the string of either Baine or someone else saying that sylvanas led us to victory against the legion. She was there for selfish reasons and to enslave the Valkyr, failed, poof she's gone.
    Yeah. That gave me a good chuckle.

I'm actually surprised there is not more debate about that string of quotes. It's clearly revealed that Voljin did not REALLY give his consent for Sylvanas to be warchief and that he was manipulated. Sylvanas' rule as Warchief is based on a lie.

As much as I am sad that Kultiras humans druid moonkin isnt a wickerman, I am also happy, cause now I won't care about playing that spec (never been a fan of moonkin and would have been compelled to play moonkin just so I could have wickerman look lol)

I am starting to feel like Zand druids are getting a lot of favortism though. Yes, Kultiras druids are really awesome (and I do like their feral/guardian forms better than the Zand forms personally), but that aqua travel form. Dammit, I want a shark with tusks :<

Kultiras druids need some hammerhead boney/wicker creature thing or something to top that. Actually, just let me be a hammerhead or greatwhite and we will be good Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    That's pretty much the name of this expansion, Bugs from Azeroth
    o game server

Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    Tyrande's Ascension?

She's becoming a Goddess?
    She always was. Now just confirmed.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.