Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    The hairstyle makes her look far to young however.
    Not just the hairstyle, it feels like her entiere morphology got "younger" with smaller breasts, an overall shorted upper-body and less curves all around. I may be wrong and should try to put the old and new skin next to each others to be sure tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanya View Post
    The eyes on that model don't seem entirely black to me.. more like dark blue eyes/black iris.

The hairstyle makes her look far to young however.
    that's because they are dark blueish.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Tyrande is a strong independant woman that doesn't need a man to fight for her. Obviously this is more of Blizzard's empowering women thing.

How much longer does this thing have to go go before we can accuse Blizzard of discriminating men? They're fast replacing all male figures in this game it's ridiculous. Malfurion has been degraded to the point of being Tyrande's pet.
    TBH they're both shit characters that are defined largely by their relationship to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I'd argue that's part of being a paladin as well.

Embodying your choice of deity seems to have some kind of youth-restoring effect. Tirion Fording never looked like a young man, but as a paladin, despite his age he was still a very able bodied man. Most his age would be frail and weak - He still seemed to be filled with the ferver of youth.

It's pretty often that deity-like power granted to a chosen few has this effect on those chosen few.
    Well, you are stretching it quite a bit here.

First Tyrande was already THE chosen high priestest of Elune, so you can't really be more blessed than that.
    Second, Tirion is Lightgorged (wich is a totally different thing).
    This, being a paladin was NEVER a thing that had any youth effect on its members (Uther anyone?)

and last but not the least, NOTHING point out toward her being a pal now, and NOTHING point out toward NE pal being a thing. Not a SINGLE thing.
    Show me a NE pal mount and then I'll believe in it, but until then the Night Warrior are just what they always been in the lore, ie worshiper of Elune who focused on the death aspect of their religion, and how to take care about the dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell-Nicø View Post

First Tyrande was already THE chosen high priestest of Elune, so you can't really be more blessed than that.
    This, being a paladin was NEVER a thing that had any youth effect on its members (Uther anyone?)

and last but not the least, NOTHING point out toward her being a pal now, and NOTHING point out toward NE pal being a thing. Not a SINGLE thing.
    Show me a NE pal mount and then I'll believe in it, but until then the Night Warrior are just what they always been in the lore, ie worshiper of Elune who focused on the death aspect of their religion, and how to take care about the dead.
    Tirion Fordring =/= Turalyon.

Tirion died at the beginning of Legion. Turalyon is the leader of the Lightforged Draenei.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcilear View Post
    Tirion Fordring =/= Turalyon.

Tirion died at the beginning of Legion. Turalyon is the leader of the Lightforged Draenei.
    Ho yeah, my bad on that one. But still, Tirion was never depicted as particularly youthful, quite the opposite, he was the always show as quite old.

Can’t see why nelf fans wouldn’t be happy about this. They ruined her character by making her reliant on others and far less savage than she was in WC. Same goes for night elves in general, they were downplayed and the savagery that made them so interesting was stripped away.

However, with this new form and the way they were described in elegy/a good war (described as very savage and brutal) means we may actually get to see their savage side that we haven’t seen in WoW at all. Based on the quests alone it seems she’ll be more proactive so here’s to hoping that the whole race will follow and be the savages that most players fell in love with from Warcraft.

Depending on how they do this I think it’ll be a big step up for nelf lore. Not quite recovering from the 14 years of being useless, but definitely on the way. However if they end up making this about Tyrande going crazy just because someone on the alliance needs to do something bad then it’ll just be clear they have no intent of fixing or furthering nelf lore in any positive manner.

- - - Updated - - -

What a fuckload of misinformation.

First, there’s quite a few things that point to NE Paladins.

1. Delas becomes a Paladin in the order hall during the campaign. Undergoes a ritual and all that shit.

2. Ion mentioned night elf Paladins (and gnome hunters) in a QA. He didn’t suggest anything but he mentioned that’s why they drive the story like they did with the Paladin OH, so they can add things later down the line. This was in a QA, I’m not going to dig for it.

3. Neras Moonfang is also a Paladin. He’s a spirit in the Paladin order hall (follower as well) and is related to Delas. He’s listed as a Ret Paladin. And yes, he’s also a night elf.

Edit: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618202872 Quote from blizzard. Has the interview in which it’s taken from right there as well. So, I’m not sure what you mean by “not a SINGLE thing” but it’s confirmed right there.

If you’re going to state things at least do a tiny bit of research about whatever it is your talking about.

Also why would you ask for a mount as proof of a class and race combo? Dwarves didn’t even have a Paladin Mount until BFA and they could be Paladins for a long time now.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-09-22 at 11:00 PM.

Deleted
    Ho yeah, my bad on that one. But still, Tirion was never depicted as particularly youthful, quite the opposite, he was the always show as quite old.
    No he wasn't but you can't argue the fact that for a man of his age he was well able.

Look at Khadgar for an example.

Which I stated. But she does not embody Elune, she only SERVES Elune. Embodying that power is different than simply wielding it.
    Well, she wasn't just "serving" Elune, she was her direct blessed chosen. And still, paladins don't embody the light either, they are just using it too.

Specifically, when embodying such power, it radiates from your entire being. It's often been compared to a warm fire when speaking of the Light - It could be something entirely different for Elune's 'light.'
    True, but don't you think that's quite a huge speculation to explain what look like a simple "bad"redesign? Blizzard does that all the time.
    Plus I still don't see how "raditating" from a power make you suddenly look younger.

Tirion =/= Turalyon.

But they both start with T so I'll let it slide.
    Yeah, I was a bit too hasty here.

Uther was also very old, yet filled with a youthfulness that betrayed his age.
    Source? And still, that thing is just the standard "he's old but still super stonge" trope that pretty much everyone from Illidan to Sorfang use, nothing really specific to him.

Legion paladin order hall. A Night Elf becomes a Paladin in your order hall, who was once a priest who decided to take the fight more directly to the Legion.
    Yup, I did that quest (well, on the priest side, but you follow the same gal) and that has nothing to do with elune or the shadow warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    First, there’s quite a few things that point to NE Paladins.

1. Delas becomes a Paladin in the order hall during the campaign. Undergoes a ritual and all that shit.
    Anecdotal evidence. By the same logic Nightborns and Blood Elves should be able to be druides since there's a both Ne and Nightborn druides somewhere in the game.

2. Ion mentioned night elf Paladins (and gnome hunters) in a QA.
    You realize that Gnomes are already hunters, right?

3. Neras Moonfang is also a Paladin. He’s a spirit in the Paladin order hall (follower as well) and is related to Delas. He’s listed as a Ret Paladin. And yes, he’s also a night elf.
    Straight from wowhead :

Unlike all our other champions, Nerus Moonfang is not a paladin as other comments suggest. He's a ghost who made a deal with the Legion, keeping his family safe from their slaughter in exchange for their souls.

Needless to say, he screwed up pretty badly, and although he does regret his actions his relationship with his niece is still very strained.
    Thus he offers up his servitude as a means to do penance for his actions.

Well... Better late than never, right? I'm still siding with Delas on this one; Nerus has a lot to make up for to redeem himself, but it's a start.

(and before you start pointing out at the fact that he is tagged as paladin in his follower sheet, I want you to remember that this thing have been proven time and time again to not be reliable with number of other character. Usualy blizzard put the "closest thing" that would fit to a follower when he's not directly from a classe).

If you’re going to state things at least do a tiny bit of research about whatever it is your talking about.
    Oh the irony !

- - - Updated - - -

>You are embodying the power of an immortal deity, hence it radiating from your being.
    Paladins radiate from "the light" not for a specific deity, it's pretty clear that whatever a "Elune paladin" would be, it would be entirely different than the standard one, so your exemple wouldn't matter.

>As a mortal, you normally age and become more frail. This power however, grants you strength beyond normal mortal means.
    >As such, this power innately gives you a youthfulness unnatural to mortality.
    NE ARE already immortal (the world tree is still here, and they got the Tree of Life back as of that ptr, so yeah, they are immortal).

And if we're talking tropes, this is present in nearly every known fantasy game trope.
    Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Saying that Uther was "youthful" literally don't mean anything here.

Uther was 64 when he died. (https://wow.gamepedia.com/Uther_the_Lightbringer)

In WoW-age, he'd be on his deathbed, yet he died in battle fighting Arthas. That's more than just "old but super strong."
    Sorry but no, Wow isn't the dark age, human aren't on their deathbeds at 60.

You said "There is not one thing pointing to Night Elf Paladins becoming a thing."

I pointed you to, quite literally, a Night Elf becoming a Paladin.

I'm not sure what else would be the biggest, most obvious choice when proving Night Elf Paladins are both possible and already hinted at.
    Alright, let me reformulate : There's not one thing pointing out at the night elf PLAYERS becoming a thing.
    The anecdotal evidence of ONE NE doing so, in a particular moment, doesn't count (just like having ONE Blood Elf druid in the game don't mean anything). Especially when that example don't even match with the "paladin of Elune" thing we are talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmcilear View Post
    No he wasn't but you can't argue the fact that for a man of his age he was well able.

Look at Khadgar for an example.
    You mean "sexy silver fox" Khadgar?
    What, you think he look decrepit?
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2018-09-22 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    How can you say that? It in fact was way more fitting to a noble night elf character than a two pigtails hairstyle. She's not 14. She looks way too young and way too creepy. NONE of the official or unofficial artwork portrayed her with a hairstyle that would be anywhere close to the the new one. Her facial features should be way more sharp. She looks ridiculous.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...ix=protagonist
    https://www.heroesfire.com/images/he...it/tyrande.png
    https://preview.redd.it/mchv379e04c0...smart&533285f7
    https://gameranx.com/img/15-Apr/tyra...60-twitter.jpg
    https://timeentertainment.files.word...0&h=240&crop=1
    https://i.imgur.com/gdCMX2N.jpg?1
    https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20080901183433
    Your pictures just prove my point? Her Cata hair looks like a giant poof on top of her head and the rest of her hair is constrained. This new style looks more wild and free. Just like the older arts.

Anecdotal evidence. By the same logic Nightborns and Blood Elves should be able to be druides since there's a both Ne and Nightborn druides somewhere in the game.

You realize that Gnomes are already hunters, right?

Straight from wowhead :

Unlike all our other champions, Nerus Moonfang is not a paladin as other comments suggest. He's a ghost who made a deal with the Legion, keeping his family safe from their slaughter in exchange for their souls.

Needless to say, he screwed up pretty badly, and although he does regret his actions his relationship with his niece is still very strained.
    Thus he offers up his servitude as a means to do penance for his actions.

Well... Better late than never, right? I'm still siding with Delas on this one; Nerus has a lot to make up for to redeem himself, but it's a start.

(and before you start pointing out at the fact that he is tagged as paladin in his follower sheet, I want you to remember that this thing have been proven time and time again to not be reliable with number of other character. Usualy blizzard put the "closest thing" that would fit to a follower when he's not directly from a classe).

Oh the irony !

- - - Updated - - -

Paladins radiate from "the light" not for a specific deity, it's pretty clear that whatever a "Elune paladin" would be, it would be entirely different than the standard one, so your exemple wouldn't matter.

NE ARE already immortal (the world tree is still here, and they got the Tree of Life back as of that ptr, so yeah, they are immortal).

Thanks for agreeing with me on that. Saying that Uther was "youthful" literally don't mean anything here.

Sorry but no, Wow isn't the dark age, human aren't on their deathbeds at 60.

Alright, let me reformulate : There's not one thing pointing out at the night elf PLAYERS becoming a thing.
    The anecdotal evidence of ONE NE doing so, in a particular moment, doesn't count (just like having ONE Blood Elf druid in the game don't mean anything). Especially when that example don't even match with the "paladin of Elune" thing we are talking about here.

You mean "sexy silver fox" Khadgar?
    What, you think he look decrepit?
    Love how you nitpicked my post and completely left out the part where blizzard specifically stated they integrated night elf Paladins into lore so they could be added at a potential later date.

https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17618202872

Right there. Also love how you shrug off delas becoming a night elf Paladin as anecdotal when it isn’t about that. It shows that it’s possible and can definitely be done. That’s the point of it which you clearly missed and very quickly dismissed because it goes against your post riddled with bad information.

Remember when you said that there isn’t a SINGLE thing pointing towards night elf Paladins in that post a little while ago? Yeah, you can dismiss everything that clearly shows we have them and it’s possible as much as you want but considering blizzard stated they’re in the lore now and even in the game for possible future implementation (just not yet) shows the right information here.

And yes, I know gnomes are hunters, this was where they discussed that (or slightly after but it was brought up again). This was literally the most useless thing to quote from my post but of course you did because you can’t stop spewing misinformation. Ion even spelt it out for you lmao.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-09-22 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Elves cannot be raised as undead zombies. Only banshees.
    Night elf DKs exist. Not just players. I also believe there are a couple places with legit undead nelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Your pictures just prove my point? Her Cata hair looks like a giant poof on top of her head and the rest of her hair is constrained. This new style looks more wild and free. Just like the older arts.
    I respect that you don't like the cata hairstyle. I am not a big fan either, but it most certainly fits a 10000 years old priestess a bit more than the thing they just gave her. That hairstyle is anything but true or similar to her looks from the existing artworks.

And don't get me wrong I hated a lot of things about that model. I just think the new one has a lot of flaws and could be way more interesting if the art team looked more precisely and took a bit more inspiration from the official (or even unofficial) art where she's portrayed.

I would be okay if they gave that face and hairstyle to a new, younger character but not Tyrande.

If you like it, then like it, of course. I have quite high expectations and I like when artists put a certain amount of thoughts in their work and do a deep research of anything they are going to work on. The team might have done so, but when I look at the model, I honestly doubt it. I expected much better.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2018-09-23 at 12:24 AM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    "The Church of the Holy Light" would like a word with you, calling their deity not a deity.
    Well, it's more a philosophy than a religion, so...
    Last edited by Talgriv; 2018-09-23 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    TBH they're both shit characters that are defined largely by their relationship to the other.
    Most part of Malfurion's story has nothing to do with Tyrande in any significant way other than her being his love interest. Malfurion is no Illidan.

Those are some creepy lookin eyes man

Quote Originally Posted by Talgriv View Post
    Well, it's more a philosophy than a religion, so...
    Exactly.

The world tree is burning, and as far as I know, a Tree of Life isn't a world tree - So no, it's not clear at all if they are immortal at this time.
    Teldrasil is burning, Nordrassil is perfectly fine.

Someone doesn't understand context.

If tropes are a thing being used, then tropes can be used against you. If it's common in every fantasy-based genre for those embodying a deity/some greater power to have an unnatural youthfulness about them, we can safely say the unnatural youthfulness that has seemed to permeate every paladin in game can be attributed to the same thing.

Nobody was agreeing with you.
    Someone is doing some broad generalisation while trying to pass as "the voice of everyone" here!

The fantasy trop is about "old guys" being still strong despite their age, not just the one "embodying a deity", don't twist reality to fit your narrative.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Life_spans

Human: Adulthood at 18, middle-aged 30-40, Old at 60, venerable at 70, maximum lifespan 100.

I repeat: Uther was 64 when he died. He was past old, approaching venerable, and yet died in battle.
    Yup, and he was concidered old, and weaker than what he was once (he said so himself) so thank you for proving you lil theory wrong.

Then let me reformulate:
    Tyrande becoming the Night Warrior, and conveniently getting more plate-like armor at the same time that a Horde race is getting both Druids and Paladins while the Alliance equivalent only gets Druids, combined with the prior reveal of Night Elf Paladins being completely possible, as well as with Blizzard's own admission that Night Elf Paladins are totally possible and just need a storyline with which to introduce them now - Suggests Night Elf Paladins are becoming a thing.
    Gota love how once again you are twisting reality to fit your headcannon here.
    She doens't get "more plate-like" armor. What se wear is clearly not "an armor" and wow has for a long time now the habit of making people look like they are wearing heavy metal even when it's supposed to be cloth (check out priest/mage/warlock sets if you need your mind to be refreshed).
    Also, gota love how you forgot that the alliance just got TWO new paladin races already, or how "the blizzard admission that NE paladin COULD totally be a thing" means precisely jack shit.

NOTHING here "suggest" that NE paladin are becoming a thing outside of YOU deciding that what Tyrande is wearing could be classified as "plate armor".

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    If she becomes the Avatar of Elune and Malfurion recovers, there is no way the night elves should ever lose another battle.
    That's where you're wrong kiddo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    Elves cannot be raised as undead zombies. Only banshees.
    False, it was that they required stronger necromancy, like that of the Lich King to do it. THe fact Sylvanas appears to have this power to raise night elves means her power as an undead cancer is growing, much to the chagrin of everything else in the WoW universe associated with death and balance, including the new Lich King.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    I honestly didn't think the Night elves could get any uglier as a race.

Then Blizzard does this.
    They put tusks in their mouths, made their faces grotesque, cut their digits down to 3 fingers and 2 toes, and covered their skin with warts then called them trolls. Black eyes looks fine.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Deleted
    Exactly.

Teldrasil is burning, Nordrassil is perfectly fine.

Someone is doing some broad generalisation while trying to pass as "the voice of everyone" here!

The fantasy trop is about "old guys" being still strong despite their age, not just the one "embodying a deity", don't twist reality to fit your narrative.

Yup, and he was concidered old, and weaker than what he was once (he said so himself) so thank you for proving you lil theory wrong.

Gota love how once again you are twisting reality to fit your headcannon here.
    She doens't get "more plate-like" armor. What se wear is clearly not "an armor" and wow has for a long time now the habit of making people look like they are wearing heavy metal even when it's supposed to be cloth (check out priest/mage/warlock sets if you need your mind to be refreshed).
    Also, gota love how you forgot that the alliance just got TWO new paladin races already, or how "the blizzard admission that NE paladin COULD totally be a thing" means precisely jack shit.

NOTHING here "suggest" that NE paladin are becoming a thing outside of YOU deciding that what Tyrande is wearing could be classified as "plate armor".
    The Night Elves aren't immortal though. The damage Nordrassil sustained by Archimonde and the Wisp defence undone the blessings the Aspects put on the tree.

Moreover, Ysera and Alexstraza both blessed Teldrassil, however, Nozdormu flat out refused because Teldrassil was never supposed to be a thing. Funeral Staghelm planted it and expected it to be blessed.

Need to be open to the possibility that Blizzard has been setting Night Elves up for some sort of Paladin-esque class. I secretly hope the Zandalari are going to receive the same treatment. Sick of Femme Elves and Holy Cows.
    Last edited by mmocbdffca557c; 2018-09-23 at 09:16 AM.