Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Rest assured that Silvermoon City will be updated. When the war is won. When Lady Alleria Windrunner, rightful Queen of Silvermoon, whose claim is endorsed by the Void Lords themselves, sits on the throne that is rightfully hers, Silvermoon will be reborn as a city of both Sun and Void, a representation of the delicate balance upon which the cosmos is built. And Alleria will be the one tho herald a shining new utopia, a golden age of peace, prosperity and advancement for Ren'dorei, Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei. One people. One city. One Queen.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2018-09-25 at 02:00 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I think Court of the Sun is going to be updated

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Court_of_the_Sun

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I think Court of the Sun is going to be updated

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Court_of_the_Sun
    ... But why? Just in order to make room for Alleria & co.? That would mean turning SM into a neutral city.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    That Silvermoon Warfront is not happening as far as we know because the only Warfront that's actually coming to fruition is in Darkshore, and that's not even until 8.1 which we don't have a release date for yet. Sure, there's always the possibility that something may change in the future but for now all we have is some Silvermoon Guard revamps...and that's literally it. I will of course hold out hope like you say, but it's going to need a lot more to go on to warrant a wholesale redesign sadly
    So because only 1 warfront was unveiled for patch 8.1 that means there won't be a warfront in 8.2 or 8.3? What leads you to believe this? It's always possible something does or doesn't happen but your post sounds as if Darkshore Warfront is the only warfront being added this entire expansion. o_O

I understand about not EXPECTING a Silvermoon Warfront, but some of the posts here sound as if there's a 0% chance of it happening and I wonder where's the evidence for it other than, "since it didn't happen in 8.1 it won't happen ever"

That's all I mean to say, not that it's guaranteed, just wondering.

The Silvermoon Guard Armor, or better yet, the KNOWN Heritage Armor inc for Blood Elves and Dwarves while NE and Forsaken get Warfront Armor means that 4 player races are getting something with patch 8.1 rather than if only NE and Forsaken got stuff.

The same could be the reverse if there is Warfront armor inc for Blood Elves + X and then 2 other player races get their Heritage Armor in 1 content patch. This allows Blizzard to sort of spread out the rewards instead of "Only these races are getting Warfronts so only they get new armor" since we know every player race is going to get Heritage Armor at some point, the inclusion of Warfront armor doesn't exclude this.

Now it remains to be seen if the reverse will be true, if having Heritage armor means no Warfront Armor although I highly doubt this to be the case since you get a plethora of different designed racial armor with Warfronts compared to 1 singular iconic look for a Heritage armor.

Also it could be the 'Silvermoon Warfront' doesn't actually take place IN Silvermoon and could be in the surrounding areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    ... But why? Just in order to make room for Alleria & co.? That would mean turning SM into a neutral city.
    Which won't happen. People allowed themselves to run away with their imaginations when the ancient alpha strings were datamined indicating the possibility of a Silvermoon warfront.

Those strings cannot be relied upon as an indicator of future content, particularly as the only new warfront we know about was not in that list. All that list tells us is that someone, somewhere in Blizzard considered the idea. We don't know if it died a death soon after that line was coded in as Blizzard considered the resource expenditure too huge to justify or if even now developers are busy building the new Silvermoon for the 8.3 Quel'thalas warfront.

Perhaps Rhlor means there will be updates to Court of the Sun as part of the Blood Elf heritage armor scenario?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Rest assured that Silvermoon City will be updated. When the war is won. When Lady Alleria Windrunner, rightful Queen of Silvermoon, whose claim is endorsed by the Void Lords themselves, sits on the throne that is rightfully hers, Silvermoon will be reborn as a city of both Sun and Void, a representation of the delicate balance upon which the cosmos is built. And Alleria will be the one tho herald a shining new utopia, a golden age of peace, prosperity and advancement for Ren'dorei, Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei. One people. One city. One Queen.
    As the champion of the Horde and Azeroth, the only thing Alleria will be sitting on when she arrives in Silvermoon is my dick

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Update the city finally Blizzard.
    Not gonna happen. No resources.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFanboy View Post
    Not gonna happen. No resources.
    B-b-b-but MUH BIGGESTZ TEEM EVAH
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

They didn't even bother to make the Arathi update permanent, there's not a chance they'll remake anything in Quel'thalas.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    maps.
    Outland

Silvermoon City > Court of the Sun (New)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...age=4#comments

heritage armor quest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    We do NOT need this city updated. Why? So you can afk in it? Huge waste of resources and art assets just to please a few fanboys who think it would be cool to have another city nobody needs to have. just to visit it once and say 'ooh pretty' andor afk in it doing nothing.
    Not necessarily. An updated set of blood elf art assets would allow them to use those assets in constructing new blood elf settlements in other BFA content, as well as provide a reason to send players to the updated Quel'Thalas (which is the Horde's last bastion of power in the Eastern Kingdoms, and thus a logical choice for an upcoming Warfront; perhaps not Silvermoon itself but a newly-established garrison in the Ghostlands, even an updated and militarized Tranquillien). As it stands the blood elf asset suite is a decade old and it shows. Seeing blood elf statues or architecture juxtaposed against newer assets always feels extremely jarring, as much as seeing the new HD character textures in FFIX's Steam release against the old, grainy pre-rendered backgrounds.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    maps.
    Outland

Silvermoon City > Court of the Sun (New)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...age=4#comments

heritage armor quest
    I would suspect that will simply be a recreation of the Court of the Sun inside the scenario, much as the Sunwell is recreated in the Quel'Delar and Nightborne scenarios.

If there is any kind of upscaling, then that would be considered significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Not necessarily. An updated set of blood elf art assets would allow them to use those assets in constructing new blood elf settlements in other BFA content, as well as provide a reason to send players to the updated Quel'Thalas (which is the Horde's last bastion of power in the Eastern Kingdoms, and thus a logical choice for an upcoming Warfront; perhaps not Silvermoon itself but a newly-established garrison in the Ghostlands, even an updated and militarized Tranquillien). As it stands the blood elf asset suite is a decade old and it shows. Seeing blood elf statues or architecture juxtaposed against newer assets always feels extremely jarring, as much as seeing the new HD character textures in FFIX's Steam release against the old, grainy pre-rendered backgrounds.
    Oh there is definitely a rationale for this. People rightly point out that it would take a tremendous expenditure of resources to make this happen but ignore that the caveat, that the tremendous expenditure of resources is only prohibitive if there is no reason to do it.

A new Warfront would definitely be appropriate justification. Given that a Silvermoon or Quel'thalas warfront was a popular topic of speculation even before the ancient alpha strings were datamined, it clearly makes narrative and thematic sense to do so.

But just because it makes sense and COULD be used to justify an upgrade of Silvermoon, we have to recongize just how colossal the undertaking would have to be.

As I have stated elsewhere, updating Silvermoon isn't just updating the city, it is updating Eversong Woods and the Ghostlands as well to make it flyable.
    It also migrating the map for these zones into the Eastern Kingdoms server.
    And if it's a warfront, you might be faced with the situation where Blizzard has to recreate the three zones twice, once so the pre-warfront version is integrated into the Eastern Kingdoms and is flyable, and again so that it is hi-rezzed and a max level zone.

The easy option is simply not to do this, and none of us should be surprised if they opt to preserve the status quo and focus our attention elsewhere.

Yet they have to be sorely tempted to tackle it. Quel'thalas is an unsightly inconsistency in the world I have no doubt they would love to iron out. Not to mention several converging plot threads.

The Alliance's potential attempt to oust the Horde entirely from the Eastern Kingdoms by invading Quel'thalas, something bound to trigger Sylvanas immensely.

Alleria's implied promise to return to Silvermoon with the Void Elves which of course segues into the light versus void theme that will come to dominate part of the warcraft narrative in the years to come.

The fate of the Amani, as their Zandalari patrons join the Horde alongside the hated Blood Elves. Will they aid the Alliance? Will the Zandalari broker a peace treaty between Elf and Troll and bring the Forest Trolls back into the Horde (as a Wildhammer type group I hasten to add, in the Horde but not distinct enough from an existing race to be playable) or more likely will they try and kill everyone?

The thing about a Quel'thalas warfront is that it has the most narrative potential of any, but it is also far and away the hardest to implement. Given the complexity of such an update, we may receive a hint IF it is under development during Blizzcon just as Argus was revealed in Ion's big floor show two years ago. After all, 8.1 looks exciting but did anyone else notice it's going to be a lot of reused assets in that raid? What is the art team doing right now? It would be the perfect mic drop moment to finish on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    The thing about a Quel'thalas warfront is that it has the most narrative potential of any, but it is also far and away the hardest to implement. Given the complexity of such an update, we may receive a hint IF it is under development during Blizzcon just as Argus was revealed in Ion's big floor show two years ago. After all, 8.1 looks exciting but did anyone else notice it's going to be a lot of reused assets in that raid? What is the art team doing right now? It would be the perfect mic drop moment to finish on.
    Oh idk...probably making a shit ton more armor for more Warfronts!

And before anyone thinks that Darkshore Warfront is the only one coming, check a look here from the recent AMA done by Ion himself: https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...r_ion/e5zo42g/

The relevant part of the quote, his last sentence:
    We also do intend to add additional Warfronts over time, so that these cycles will be interwoven in a way that hopefully makes it feel like there's more to do, more often.
    Additional Warfronts and Over Time

As I predicted and so did others, though it make take 3 weeks for a single Warfront cycle, they'll have enough to where each week there will be a particular Warfront to do for both the Alliance and Horde.

I don't know how just 2 Warfronts would accomplish this, but certainly 3-4+ definitely would

7+ Year Old Account
    Add flying to the city, Eversong Woods and Ghostlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wish for an updated Silvermoon, but for that we would require something to happen there (i would vote for a big patch were the alliance push to attack silvermoon and the Horde defends it, let it work like the Firelands), it shall end up with the Alliance making a big final push to Silvermoon and Azshara attacking the Sunwell, forcing the Horde to abandon Silvermoon to protect the Sunwell (the Isle of Queldanas)

The real problem is that Silvermoon, Sunwell, Eversong, the Ghostlands, the Exodar, Azuremyst Isle and Bloodmyst Isle are all housed on the same servers as Outland. If you can get rid of fatigue, you can actually travel from the Ghostlands to Hellfire. It would be a logistical nightmare to rebuild the entire zones on Azeroth. Doable if there is a justifiable reason to do so (i.e. a warfront). Pretty much not worth it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I’m a little disappointed they didn’t divert the story of destroying capitals to Exodar/Silvermoon. It would have been the perfect reason to update those cities/zones.
    The exodar is essentially a scavanged husk atm, since they used all servicable parts to build the vindicar. The stakes would also have been way lower. UC was already "meh", but Teldrassil was fairly big. It also wouldn't fit the story of evil sylvanas for the alliance to go to silvermoon instead of the place where the villain actually hides.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect that we may see some minor updates in the form of a Warfront, followed up by several world adjustments in the last patch of BfA to show the results of our fighting.

I'm currently rooting for Silvermoon & the Sunwell to be a floating Dalaran-like city that Horde uses for the next expansion, plus I'd like the Exodar to finally be repaired and be the Alliance equivalent. From there, shift around a few of the land displays and give some of our homeless races new places to live. You could even make the next expansion have a rebuilding campaign on each side as everyone recovers from the losses of war.

Quote Originally Posted by BanHammer View Post
    Update the city finally Blizzard.
    *Blizzard pulls a Teldrassil*

Updated to smoldering crater in the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It will be updated....

When the Void Elves and Night Warriors conquer it and make it Voidmoon.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)