Page 1 of 42
... LastLast
    Deleted

[PTR] Alliance and Horde Darkshore questline SPOILERS

*EDIT*: ALLIANCE Spoilers are out too!
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=287754/...e-8-1-spoilers

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9457627?page=1

-Arrive in Darkshore at night. The moon is black and covering the sun in an unnatural night. It looks like the Ysera cinematic.
    -The Horde is based at a goblin camp outside the blighted ruins of Lor'danel.
    -Nathanos says all the scouts they've sent out have not come back, that this night is unnatural and the night elves are up to something.
    -You kill and raise Vengeful Sentinels, and kill lieutenants to figure out what's going on. None of them tell you, Sira taunts you via talking head after each one.
    -You find a wisp and drag it back to camp to look into its memories and find out what happened. Cutscene's not in, but I imagine it's Tyrande going Night Warrior.
    -Nathanos tells you to go find Delaryn and raise her, Sylvanas was very specific about wanting Delaryn.
    -Sira attacks you at the beach. On her knees, she says Tyrande will come to help her, but then when she dies she says "Where... is she...?"
    -Tyrande arrives as Nathanos is setting up the Val'kyr. You have to fight her, Sentinels, and worgen as the Valks do their work. She has a cool new S-shaped glaive.
    Nathanos: "How uncouth for the Queen of the...Tree Elves, was it? No that won't do. What are you queen of now?"
    Tyrande. "I am no queen. I am the kaldorei's vengeance!"

-Part way into the fight Tyrande turns everything black, you can't see beyond a few feet of you. You get rooted. When the lights come back Malfurion is there helping her.
    -Sira and Delaryn are raised. They tell Tyrande they believed in her, but she and Elune abandoned them.
    Delaryn: We have nothing left. We are Forsaken.

-Tyrande kills one of the two Valks.
    -Fly away on plaguebats, Malfurion promises Tyrande to hunt you down.
    -Back at base:
    Sira: You made it out. Good. So did I.
    Delaryn: <Delaryn doesn't seem to be looking at you> (she's staring at her hand)

-Sira says they all have their reasons for accepting the gift of undeath, but now's not the time to talk. Sylvanas has been dealt a terrible blow today.
    -Talk to Nathanos and ask what happens now, he plays a cinematic that's not in. I assume it's night elves preparing since Nathanos is staring into the forest.

Last edited by mmoc07fbb883cc; 2018-10-08 at 11:17 PM.

Sylvanas murdered thousands of my people, but Elune/Tyrande didn't stop her, so now I'm going to help Sylvanas murder the rest of my people.

Jesus Christ.

Deleted
    tl;dr

Sira: i'm going to kill you
    Sira: oh no i'm being beaten but tyrande will save me
    Sira: oh no tyrande didn't show up guess i'm dead now
    Sira: screw tyrande 4 letting me die, ty for murdering me. i'm on your team now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol that's like sylvanas willingly helping arthas kill her people.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinal View Post
    tl;dr

Sira: i'm going to kill you
    Sira: oh no i'm being beaten but tyrande will save me
    Sira: oh no tyrande didn't show up guess i'm dead now
    Sira: screw tyrande 4 letting me die, ty for murdering me. i'm on your team now.
    Literally what

I'm kinda dumbfounded at this "turn of events", honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Sylvanas murdered thousands of my people, but Elune/Tyrande didn't stop her, so now I'm going to help Sylvanas murder the rest of my people.

Jesus Christ.
    Nobody intelligent ever credited blizzard with good writing, at least since WC3.

Well. I give them a C for effort. They at least tried to explain why the rangers turned on their friends and family. Still kinda seems like mindcontrol/foggy consciousness. Something is clouding their reasoning.

I am getting tired of this character whiplash. First a character is noble. Then something bad happens to them and they immediately go full on psycho. Feels like we are just rehashing Jaina's storyline.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)

Jesus Christ.
    And we are yet to see "Totally not a MoP" plot twist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    And we are yet to see "Totally not a MoP" plot twist.
    We are seeing it, it's called 'Undead Potential' *wink*
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

I like the story of this patch alot, but this is dumb, Blizzard should just admit that when the forsaken rise you they take your free will this was stupid in cata and its stupid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    We are seeing it, it's called 'Undead Potential' *wink*
    Im afraid this gonna be something muh worse than potential of any kind.

10+ Year Old Account

WHAT?!?!??

BUAHAHAHAHA

Okay, now that I am done laughing. I think I'm going to throw up. Bravo Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graden View Post

WHAT?!?!??

BUAHAHAHAHA
    Okay, now that I am done laughing. I think I'm going to throw up. Bravo Blizzard.
    I can't wait to hear sira's reason.

"Truth is...the game was rigged from the start.

Jesus Christ.
    "Why do people keep assuming Forsaken are mind controlled, guys? We keep saying they're not, honest!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

She just turned to the darkside, that's all

"From my point of view the night elves are evil!"
    Last edited by Broken Fox; 2018-10-05 at 01:08 AM.

Just a reminder that somebody was actually employed and paid to write this.

Literally the only tolerable explanation IS mind control, and it's a shame, because it turns Sylvanas into an even bigger Looney Tune.

Deleted
    Azeroth is just a collection of loosely connected art assets at this point. Any attempt at deciphering a cohesive story is just headcanon. No more than 'moments' on a string. The only plausible explanation left is that our characters are unknowingly stuck in the Caverns of Time and being shot from one timeline to another. No wonder the infinite dragonflight hates us.

I'm guessing what's happening is that Sylvanas isn't mind controlling them, but an evil death god is. Sylvanas just THINKS everyone is as evil and miserable as she is on death so she doesn't think anything is out of the ordinary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Literally the only tolerable explanation IS mind control, and it's a shame, because it turns Sylvanas into an even bigger Looney Tune.
    I doubt Sylvanas is doing it.