Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They alrdy made a concept for female Ogres, they look very mutch like female Orcs.
    makes sense with them sharing a common ancestor with orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Probably Sethrak. They make the most sense thematically to be added along side the Vulpera.
    Yup and that is what i am afraid of. The alliance needs a strong, cool epic warrior race. Because so far we got :
    - inbred, fat humans
    - upgrade light nazi space goats
    - smurf emo elves
    - coal miners.

So a semi normal, non funny race would be very nice. Something with lore behind it. Something that looks like a epic warrior ( without major defects like lightforged, void elves).
    But i agree with you we most likely get these stupid ass snake people. Hell a other species ( like worgen and kul tirans) who are going to look ugly in most armor.

So tired of this. Give the alliance a cool epic warrior race. Something race that can fight and does not look silly.

Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Give the alliance a cool epic warrior race. Something race that can fight and does not look silly.
    Legion established that the ultimate warrior race are the Vrykul/Stormforged. I'm down with playing either.

- - - Updated - - -

I still believe Kul Tirans were designed to finally bring Ogres to the game.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Ogres-in-mind

7+ Year Old Account
    Yup and that is what i am afraid of. The alliance needs a strong, cool epic warrior race. Because so far we got :
    - inbred, fat humans
    - upgrade light nazi space goats
    - smurf emo elves
    - coal miners.

So a semi normal, non funny race would be very nice. Something with lore behind it. Something that looks like a epic warrior ( without major defects like lightforged, void elves).
    But i agree with you we most likely get these stupid ass snake people. Hell a other species ( like worgen and kul tirans) who are going to look ugly in most armor.

So tired of this. Give the alliance a cool epic warrior race. Something race that can fight and does not look silly.
    Blizzard feels that Alliance has a lot of cool looking races already, so they're trying to give Alliance more "monstrous" / "ugly" races while on the Horde side it's the reverse. Lots of tough looking races on Horde so they said they're trying to give it more "cute" / "good looking" races.

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/world-of-wa...-azeroth-races

Question: "Obviously, Allied Races is one of the features players are very excited about for the upcoming expansion. How much thought goes into which Allied Race is next, and what side they go on?"

Answer: "So first we looked at the geography of the space and who the inhabitants were. In some cases we drew from the lore that’s out there – it’s obvious who’s in Zandalar, for example – but in other cases, we had to think about what an interesting race would be to inhabit that area, and in some cases we had to think about inventing a new race to suit it. Then we consider what’s their natural tendency – are they likely to be more sympathetic to the Horde or the Alliance? – and then if we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn’t want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?"

So until they feel like it's balanced, Alliance has to look forward to "Horde-like races" (among the lines of Orcs/Taurens/Trolls like aesthetics) and Horde are going to get more "Alliance-like races" (among the lines of Humans, Night Elves, Draenei like aesthetics).

You just opened up the gates, my friend.

Furbolgs for the Alliance (Cenarion Circle brings them in.)
    Ethereals for the Horde (Goblins bring them in.)
    Saberon for the Alliance and High Arakkoa for the Horde.
    Jinyu for Alliance and Hozen for the Horde (or Mogu, Zandalari could bring in Mogu.)
    Half-elves for the alliance and half-ogres for the Horde.

That is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Blizzard feels that Alliance has a lot of cool looking races already, so they're trying to give Alliance more "monstrous" / "ugly" races while on the Horde side it's the reverse. Lots of tough looking races on Horde so they said they're trying to give it more "cute" / "good looking" races.

Question: "Obviously, Allied Races is one of the features players are very excited about for the upcoming expansion. How much thought goes into which Allied Race is next, and what side they go on?"

Answer: "So first we looked at the geography of the space and who the inhabitants were. In some cases we drew from the lore that’s out there – it’s obvious who’s in Zandalar, for example – but in other cases, we had to think about what an interesting race would be to inhabit that area, and in some cases we had to think about inventing a new race to suit it. Then we consider what’s their natural tendency – are they likely to be more sympathetic to the Horde or the Alliance? – and then if we noticed a preponderance of really big, tough-looking races on one side or really charming, cool, cute-looking races on the other, then we try to do a little bit of a rebalance. Those profiles and those aesthetics are really important. We didn’t want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?"

So until they feel like it's balanced, Alliance has to look forward to "Horde-like races" (among the lines of Orcs/Taurens/Trolls like aesthetics) and Horde are going to get more "Alliance-like races" (among the lines of Humans, Night Elves, Draenei like aesthetics).
    I've seen the many people quote your bolded part of the quote, and for good reason, but the part I underlined I think is just as critical a clue. They dismiss Zandalari as an obvious Allied race "it's obvious on who's in Zandalar", then in a question directly about future allied races, he says, "In other cases we had (past tense) to think about/invent a new race(s) to suit an area". How many allied races so far have been "invented" to suit a new area? I don't think he's talking about HM Tauren with that quote, nor Lightforged Space goat, or really any known allied race. To me the subtext, particularly when taken in conjunction with what you bolded, seems to say, "We created some new race(s) that purposely fly in the face of 'typical' faction identity in a new zone to be allied races".

Which two races fit the bill to the fucking 'T'?
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

I'd like to see all the races that were originally in the Alliance and Horde during the RTS days. So we'd get:

Alliance: High Elves and Wildhammer dwarves
    Horde: Ogres and forest troll
    Other: Furbolgs for Alliance and Mok'Nathal for Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post
    Ogre, Centaur, Vulpera, Naga in the same priority order. I'm usually against big char models but give me ogre and i can have a full realm of OGREs

They should've made current allied races into customizations for the normal races tbh. They are not races but factions. That way you can add endless rep grind and factions.
    Expanding my reply.

Ogre, Mogu

Dragonkin, Centaur

Saberon, Saurok, Sethrak

Naga, Jinyu, Vulpera
    This cat scratches free.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Legion established that the ultimate warrior race are the Vrykul/Stormforged. I'm down with playing either.

- - - Updated - - -

I still believe Kul Tirans were designed to finally bring Ogres to the game.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-Ogres-in-mind
    yup, yup and yup.

But i think we will get sethrak, junker ( or other sort) gnomes etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

.....that has nothing to do with i am saying.

I am saying warrior race...we get unstable void addicts formally know as mana addicts, lightforged nazi's, fat inbrend humans, and coal miners.
    They can be very beast like, they can be brawly. Hell they could give ( they will never do it) give us orcs and i would be happy. Alliance needs a warrior race. out of the 4 allied races we got, only dark irons kinda are a warrior race. So i think you are getting me wrong.

As for my silly comment. I do not mean they can not look more...."horde" like. I am saying they are designed silly. They are not horde like at all. Horde like species are though, strong, epic warrior races. That is not what these are.

So i have no problem with Horde like alliance races. But non of what we got are in story, look , aesthetics etc wise anything near horde. They are in my opinion more alliance like then ever. They are weird/funny races we already have some of. Mutt dogs, gnomes, 2 types of space goats, 2 types of dwarfs, smurf elves.
    So if they really want to give the alliance a race. It should be a epic warrior race. A big strong looking dangerous warrior face.

And before you say but kul tirans. Kul tirans are fat inbred humans ( how they look in the dataminded stuff so far) that is not dangerous at all...unless you are a relative off them.

It does, Blizzard just seems to be inconsistent about what should be available to a player on a particular race vs it being on an allied race. For instance I got reminded of how when asked about Darkspear Trolls posture options, they felt that the hunch and flowy lumbering gait of Darkspear adds to their whole package, and then went on to say that for Zandalari the straight back makes sense and they are an option for players that want to play a straight back troll.

Whereas they felt the switchable posture between Orc males is something that should be given as a choice to the player. So it all depends y'know, players wanted those Lightforged Draenei options for their Draenei as customization and Blizzard in turn felt that was enough to make it a separate Allied Race.

And then another flippy flop reasoning from Blizzard is the blue/pale skin color change for Void Elves is enough to make them an AR. Yet when adding the Mag'har, they didn't feel the Brown skins alone were enough to differentiate the Mag'har in armor, therefore coming up with the inclusion of it being all the Orc Clans together as a package (with their varied skin colors, warpaint, scars mixed in).

So they definitely don't have any hard/fast rules when it comes to the variations being added to an existing race (as we see with orc posture/belf gold eyes), or keeping it on a separate race (lightforged draenei, highmountain tauren).

What is annoying though is stuff like Night Elves receiving pretty lame "night warrior eyes" when it's been a pretty known request for getting silver eyes on males and gold eyes on females.

Seems like, especially on Alliance side the most so far, Blizzard is only ever "just near" implementing the long-standing requests players have expressed throughout the years.

Like Dark Iron getting tattoos O_O were there any Dark Irons with tattoos in-game? Were they said to have tattoos? Or is that completely new thing that Blizzard decided to throw onto them?
    I can cover a few of these things.

As for Darkspear and straight backs, honestly I'm on the fence. That said, I see no reason to deny them the option. But there are in fact Zandalari with straight backs, where as all orcs had hunched backs. And it looked bad on them. There's a reason virtually every orc has straight backs now, lol. Where as Darkspear make it look cool.

I don't recall the details on Lightforged Draenei, but ultimately I am not against them being an allied race. I actually like them, I just feel they could use more lore development. Maybe a few more classes, too. I don't dislike them in any real way, and I am not sure a mere skinswap or face swap would have really covered them, even ignoring some of their prominent features such as tattoos and sigils.

The real reason void elves are an allied race is to give Alliance something similar to high elves. And I'm fine with that. I like the idea of variations of an Alliance race being on Horde, or variations of a Horde race being on Alliance. Mag'har are a different story, and honestly at this point, I wish they had just used the outlands orcs, but I am fine with Draenor orcs. They do have more variety, and it is pretty cool to have a blackrock orc, honestly, for instance. It's more that they chose to use them for their variety I suspect than "brown orcs aren't enough lulz", but who knows with Blizzard these days, lol.

As far as hard and fast rules, it's less a rule as to what is an acceptable variation and more of a question if what are the guidelines for seeing an allied race added. for instance I suspect we will only see one of each 'race' for new allied races. For instance, we have Zandalari so we probably won't get Revantusk, we have Dark Iron so we probably won't get Wildhammer. Likewise, they tend to gravitate towards races that are a bit more significantly different. Like, yeah, void elves are just 'blue', but they are pretty significantly different and have a lot of void themed features. Lightforged draenei have a lot of extra customization and more exaggerated horns and beards and such.

I definitely agree that it's ridiculous that Blizzard didn't give night elves opposite colored eyes per gender when they randomly gave golden eyes to blood elves, but hey... it's not too late to fix that. I dislike the warrior eyes but I don't necessarily hate the concept of additional customization; I just don't plan on using them.

As for Dark Iron getting tattoos, in game, no classic races (of variations thereof, with the exception of Wildhammer dwarves) had any tattoos that I am aware of, but the concept of having them is something that well suits them. Dwarven tattoos are famous, and Bronzebeards are no exception. And if we're going to that extent, we might as well give Bronzebeard Dwarves, or you know, "Dwarves" the option of having Wildhammer tattoos and voices, too. It would make sense. At any rate, I have no issue with Dark Iron being given the option of directly having tattoos as it very well suits them, and I can only hope Blizzard sees the sense in giving this to other dwarves as well.

As for Alliance customizations, yeah, I don't doubt that we probably won't be seeing any soon. This is a wishlist rather than things I actually expect to see. But I can dream, right?

Deleted
    For Horde:
    - Ogres.
    - Forest Trolls, though I don't see it happening with Zandalari added.
    - San'layn.

Alliance:
    - Junkergnomes.
    - Vulpera. (you can have them, I don't want them in the Horde)
    - Saberon??

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I've seen the many people quote your bolded part of the quote, and for good reason, but the part I underlined I think is just as critical a clue. They dismiss Zandalari as an obvious Allied race "it's obvious on who's in Zandalar", then in a question directly about future allied races, he says, "In other cases we had (past tense) to think about/invent a new race(s) to suit an area". How many allied races so far have been "invented" to suit a new area? I don't think he's talking about HM Tauren with that quote, nor Lightforged Space goat, or really any known allied race. To me the subtext, particularly when taken in conjunction with what you bolded, seems to say, "We created some new race(s) that purposely fly in the face of 'typical' faction identity in a new zone to be allied races".

Which two races fit the bill to the fucking 'T'?
    I would say of the Allied Races released right now it's obvious the Lightforged and Dark Iron are to give more "teeth" to Alliance race selection whereas Nightborne are meant to give more "aesthetically pleasing" race selection to the Horde as well as the Zandalari since they pretty much look the most normally aesthetically pleasing as far as Trolls go. I think people even did polls on here, Wowhead, Twitter, etc when they all got revealed (All the Allied races so far from Blizzcon) and Zandalari were upvoted the most. I don't believe that's just because there's more Trolls fans than other types of fans.

If it becomes true that Horde gets Vulpera and Alliance gets Sethrak then that adds to what the WoW Production Director is saying here. The fact he says "We didn't want everyone on the Horde to look ugly, right?" means it's a situation Horde is in right now and they are/have been working on rectifying that.
    Last edited by FlubberPuddy; 2018-10-13 at 10:45 PM.

zombie dragons!

7+ Year Old Account
    yup, yup and yup.

But i think we will get sethrak, junker ( or other sort) gnomes etc etc.

- - - Updated - - -

.....that has nothing to do with i am saying.

I am saying warrior race...we get unstable void addicts formally know as mana addicts, lightforged nazi's, fat inbrend humans, and coal miners.
    They can be very beast like, they can be brawly. Hell they could give ( they will never do it) give us orcs and i would be happy. Alliance needs a warrior race. out of the 4 allied races we got, only dark irons kinda are a warrior race. So i think you are getting me wrong.

As for my silly comment. I do not mean they can not look more...."horde" like. I am saying they are designed silly. They are not horde like at all. Horde like species are though, strong, epic warrior races. That is not what these are.

So i have no problem with Horde like alliance races. But non of what we got are in story, look , aesthetics etc wise anything near horde. They are in my opinion more alliance like then ever. They are weird/funny races we already have some of. Mutt dogs, gnomes, 2 types of space goats, 2 types of dwarfs, smurf elves.
    So if they really want to give the alliance a race. It should be a epic warrior race. A big strong looking dangerous warrior face.

And before you say but kul tirans. Kul tirans are fat inbred humans ( how they look in the dataminded stuff so far) that is not dangerous at all...unless you are a relative off them.
    It does actually....Lightforged Draenei are definitely much more "Warrior race" (Militant) than any of the previous Alliance races. People calling them Nazis just reinforces this. Same for Dark Irons, they're a much more grittier version of all the Dwarf clans.

So when trying to add more "big/tough-looking races" how can you not see LFD and DID as the steps towards that? Kul'Tirans are also another step towards this. Whether you see them as inbred fat humans or whatever, doesn't really matter. The fact that 3/4 Allied Races for Alliance so far are more militant/gritty/dark adds to the "bit of rebalancing" that dude is talking about in the interview.

If you meant almost being like Orcs/Tauren/Trolls, how are more militant almost warmongering Draenei, or some gritty underhanded dark iron Dwarves not similar to some of the Horde races?

Everyone's gotta understand that it's Blizzard's interpretation that matters. If he's already talking about balancing out some of the cute/coolness on one side with the toughness of another then that's something that's been leading their Allied Race choice/design decisions.

Also in the interview he says they pretty much have them all planned out, so the races we've had so far can also be included in the whole cute/tough looks presentation.

Snake people. They cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    zombie dragons!
    In Super-Nagrand

Honestly? I really wanna see the turtle people (Tortolleons whatever it's spelled) WHO DOESN"T WANNA BE A NINJA TURTLE!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Snake people. They cool.

- - - Updated - - -

In Super-Nagrand
    That only the elite players can play! AND MORE ZOMBIE DRAGONS! THAT RAISE THE LICH KING!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    I can cover a few of these things.

As for Darkspear and straight backs, honestly I'm on the fence. That said, I see no reason to deny them the option. But there are in fact Zandalari with straight backs, where as all orcs had hunched backs. And it looked bad on them. There's a reason virtually every orc has straight backs now, lol. Where as Darkspear make it look cool.

I don't recall the details on Lightforged Draenei, but ultimately I am not against them being an allied race. I actually like them, I just feel they could use more lore development. Maybe a few more classes, too. I don't dislike them in any real way, and I am not sure a mere skinswap or face swap would have really covered them, even ignoring some of their prominent features such as tattoos and sigils.

The real reason void elves are an allied race is to give Alliance something similar to high elves. And I'm fine with that. I like the idea of variations of an Alliance race being on Horde, or variations of a Horde race being on Alliance. Mag'har are a different story, and honestly at this point, I wish they had just used the outlands orcs, but I am fine with Draenor orcs. They do have more variety, and it is pretty cool to have a blackrock orc, honestly, for instance. It's more that they chose to use them for their variety I suspect than "brown orcs aren't enough lulz", but who knows with Blizzard these days, lol.

As far as hard and fast rules, it's less a rule as to what is an acceptable variation and more of a question if what are the guidelines for seeing an allied race added. for instance I suspect we will only see one of each 'race' for new allied races. For instance, we have Zandalari so we probably won't get Revantusk, we have Dark Iron so we probably won't get Wildhammer. Likewise, they tend to gravitate towards races that are a bit more significantly different. Like, yeah, void elves are just 'blue', but they are pretty significantly different and have a lot of void themed features. Lightforged draenei have a lot of extra customization and more exaggerated horns and beards and such.

I definitely agree that it's ridiculous that Blizzard didn't give night elves opposite colored eyes per gender when they randomly gave golden eyes to blood elves, but hey... it's not too late to fix that. I dislike the warrior eyes but I don't necessarily hate the concept of additional customization; I just don't plan on using them.

As for Dark Iron getting tattoos, in game, no classic races (of variations thereof, with the exception of Wildhammer dwarves) had any tattoos that I am aware of, but the concept of having them is something that well suits them. Dwarven tattoos are famous, and Bronzebeards are no exception. And if we're going to that extent, we might as well give Bronzebeard Dwarves, or you know, "Dwarves" the option of having Wildhammer tattoos and voices, too. It would make sense. At any rate, I have no issue with Dark Iron being given the option of directly having tattoos as it very well suits them, and I can only hope Blizzard sees the sense in giving this to other dwarves as well.

As for Alliance customizations, yeah, I don't doubt that we probably won't be seeing any soon. This is a wishlist rather than things I actually expect to see. But I can dream, right?
    Ion was asked during an interview at the Blizzcon where they revealed Argus and such, that players datamined those Lightforged Draenei and were wondering if that customization could go onto current Draenei and Ion gave an answer that was essentially "we think about that often and it's possible some day, but these for right now are just specifically for these Draenei who went through the process of being Lightforged" etc etc. something akin to that.

Only of course to find out later they'd be becoming an Allied Race about a year later. So even after knowing it, that players wanted the customization, it was deemed appropriate to fulfill those looks by playing LFD as a separate race if players wanted those looks. I don't dislike them either or anything, but it definitely would have been enough for players had those options been baked into regular Draenei as that's what players were asking for once they saw the LFD datamined.

Also for the multiple Orc Clans, it's literally because they didn't feel the "individual personality traits" of the Orcs are distinguishable enough when armored up. So they decided to make it a collection of all the Orc Clans. It's an indirect way of saying "brown orcs aren't enough" because why would the line be saying "personality traits when armored up" if it was about anything other than skin colors? Personality traits aren't something genuinely worn on someone's sleeves.

Quote for context from the Article: "Yeah, just people wanting more variety in orcs, for sure. But I honestly can’t remember the genesis of the decision to include all the orc tribes. We knew that we wanted to do more of an upright orc, but at the end of the day, some of the individual personality traits of the various orc clans in Warlords are not that distinguishable when you’re armoured up – especially when you have the new armour that you get in a new expansion – so we arrived at the idea of making an amalgam of all these different clans."

I definitely understand the urge to come out with the much more different looking races first, that makes sense. If we just got a lot of the same/slightly similar looking races people would say as they do now "oh ARs are just reskins to get ppl to race change" but yknow, even more!

But yeh, I wasn't saying I'm against the Dark Iron having tattoos or something, just that if it's something a race hasn't ever had before - doesn't look like Blizzard is shy about giving it to that race in the name of, "rule of cool."

I agree on your last point, honestly it's not easy to be excited for Alliance side Allied Races. Horde's been getting pretty killer races, Nightborne, Mag'har, Zandalari. Whereas on Alliance side, while the Void Elves just continue to perpetuate the popularity of the good looking Thalassian model, Dark Irons are really the only "exciting" race I've seen added to the Alliance.

I hold out hope for getting Sethrak and Worgen model updates. Mainly the Worgen model updates since I want to play one but can't stand their model right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elf.

Failing that: Furbolg and Satyr
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    Honestly? I really wanna see the turtle people (Tortolleons whatever it's spelled) WHO DOESN"T WANNA BE A NINJA TURTLE!!!
    Tortollans should be the next neutral race for both sides, no scamaz.

None. I'm content with original races in WoW. Only thing new I want is more classes. Shadow/drow ranger or something.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.