Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think it's more that there's absolutely no content announced that's playable on a PC.

Think about the kind of people who spend X amount of money to attend Blizzcon. Some travel there from the other side of the world. It ain't cheap. These are the most die-hard Blizzard fans, so it stands to reason that they're all going to be PC gamers.

So Blizzard announced a new Diablo game that is only going to be playable on a mobile device.

Maybe a few people at Blizzcon do play mobile games alongside their PC games, but it's not going to be their primary gaming device or preference.

Diablo has (traditionally) been a PC game franchise. Sure you could get D1 on the PlayStation and D3 is available on consoles, but mostly it's a PC game franchise.

The mobile game probably would not be receiving this kind of hate or backlash if it had been announced alongside something else, such as... well, anything playable on a PC. More D3 content, D2 remastered, any kind of confirmation of D4 being in development.

So yeah, to announce the mobile game to an audience composed almost exclusively of PC gamers ...I'm not sure what else Blizzard were expecting as a reaction. Maybe this will be a big hit for Asian markets like China, but not in the West.

I really hope they've got something else in store for Diablo but based on what we saw yesterday I'm managing my expectations for now. Can always play more Grim Dawn I guess!

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    You clearly don't understand why people are mad.

Blizzard hypes up and teases the multiple projects they are working on to reveal absolutely nothing but a mobile game to a group of hardcore PC gamer fans at a fan convention of hardcore fans.

If they didn't know they would get this hate, then it shows just how out of touch with the playerbase and their fans they are.

You tell us what else you are working on, but you don't close your opening ceremony with a fucking mobile game.

This was the biggest mistake Blizzard has ever made imo. Look at the 90k dislikes and growing on the cinematic trailer on youtube.

Also for example Square Enix announced FF7 remake with just a trailer and a very small amount of gameplay footage and the internet exploded. There is no reason Blizzard can't tell us what the hell they are working on with something similar.
    This SO much. It was 70k dislikes 2 hours after. I'm all for wanting to make sure something is polished, but this? This is asinine.

is they are intelligent, they will put a diablo 4 picture or whatever tonight to calm people, if they dont do it, the question and answer will be hell on earth for them lol

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    They gave like no hope for PC players, not even a teaser.

D3 Switch sales will tank hard if they don't announce something new.

Who cares, there are very good games out there that need attention. Time to not dwell on promises and hopes.

I'm fine with D4 being held back unitl there's something REALLY valuable to show. hell, they cannot miss with that.

Problem is that the mobile game is a side project at best which is also outsourced so why even bother to put that in a Blizzcon panel, even more on the most visible one.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Funny how fanbois keep thinking we're a vocal minority. If all they cared about was the Chinese marked, maybe not blow this up at Blizzcon? This Blizzcon should have been canceled like they had the balls to do before, but no king lives forever, Blizzard has officially put the nail in the coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by crono14 View Post
    You clearly don't understand why people are mad.

Blizzard hypes up and teases the multiple projects they are working on to reveal absolutely nothing but a mobile game to a group of hardcore PC gamer fans at a fan convention of hardcore fans.

If they didn't know they would get this hate, then it shows just how out of touch with the playerbase and their fans they are.

You tell us what else you are working on, but you don't close your opening ceremony with a fucking mobile game.

This was the biggest mistake Blizzard has ever made imo. Look at the 90k dislikes and growing on the cinematic trailer on youtube.

Also for example Square Enix announced FF7 remake with just a trailer and a very small amount of gameplay footage and the internet exploded. There is no reason Blizzard can't tell us what the hell they are working on with something similar.
    They were actually aware about the hype and a few weeks ago released a video from the community manager saying they are working on multiple diablo projects but not all of them will be shown and blizzcon. I took this as a no show of d4 at blizzcon. So yea maybe it was a poor choice to let people know they are working on stuff but maybe they had no option to show anything else. What better not tell anyone they are working on anything and not show anything? Or say they are working on things and show the mobile game.
    IDK really prior to this people were absolutely crying about not even receiving any confirmation about any games they are working on so they gave some confirmation they proceeded to say they wernt gonna show everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Diablo 4 (even if it is actually being made) is still in way too early stages to be shown or teased, so that's why nothing to show or talk about there.

They may not even be sure if it will be a thing at all and probably can't talk about something they can't commit - as it to avoid Titan situation where they opened their mouth too soon only to see it canceled.

As for mobile game itself, I think it's both better another year of nothing at all and it can open up the franchise to new generation which is increasingly more mobile anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Saying the people who attend Blizzcon is hardcore PC gamers doesn't make them all hardcore PC gamers.

Your post proves my point. You haven't tried the game, yet you call it trash. You haven't seen what kind of monetary systems are in place, yet you call it a scam. You appear to assume its quality without enough evidence.

Perhaps you should rethink what you post before you actually post it.

Or, you know. Present evidence to back up all your claims. I'm sure you can't. And I'm sure you wont. Im honestly expecting a snarky reply, if any. Perhaps you'll surprise me with a well thought of, well presented argument. Would be nice.
    Maybe and now try to follow me with this thing you seem to call a brain, we know it´s going to be shit because the outsourced it to a cjinese company who´s known for cpying their FUCKING ONE GAME over and over with only reskins and all of them are money grabs.

But whatever keep trolling retard, keep trolling.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2018-11-04 at 04:15 AM.

I think D4 will come and yeah, I'm also sad that there wasn't anything about this at BC.
    But Blizzard said it before BC, that they know we want D4, but it won't be there.

People throwing a tantrum at BC because it wasn't anounced yet is embarrassing. I thought at least the diablo community was a bit older and mature.
    Seeing 'grown up' manchilds nearly breaking down and getting offensive, talking stuff like "it was my right to get d4 announced at BC" makes me cringe.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I'm fine with D4 being held back unitl there's something REALLY valuable to show. hell, they cannot miss with that.

Problem is that the mobile game is a side project at best which is also outsourced so why even bother to put that in a Blizzcon panel, even more on the most visible one.
    They should have done what Bethesda did with TES6:

"Look, we're making it. It's gonna be a while...but it IS IN THE WORKS, and in the meantime here's a mobile tie-in that we partnered with NetEase to produce."

That would have been 100% better than how they handled it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post
    They were actually aware about the hype and a few weeks ago released a video from the community manager saying they are working on multiple diablo projects but not all of them will be shown and blizzcon. I took this as a no show of d4 at blizzcon. So yea maybe it was a poor choice to let people know they are working on stuff but maybe they had no option to show anything else. What better not tell anyone they are working on anything and not show anything? Or say they are working on things and show the mobile game.
    IDK really prior to this people were absolutely crying about not even receiving any confirmation about any games they are working on so they gave some confirmation they proceeded to say they wernt gonna show everything.
    All that you posted is not new information. Anyone who cared 100% knew we weren't getting a D4 reveal at Blizzcon as in nothing playable or demo. However then hyping up the multiple diablo projects they are working on to give us nothing but a shitty re-skinned copied mobile port by the worst kind of gacha company to a die hard fan of PC and Diablo gamers is a big middle finger to their fans.

Show us an image of D4 or D2 remastered, be honest and say we don't have anything to show you yet but it's in the works.

Don't show anything at all, everyone would have rather had that.
    Last edited by crono14; 2018-11-03 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NtflxnChill View Post
    We can't all be in our late 40's yikes
    Nah but at some point we grow to be older than 15. Granted, not super cringe when on twitch, but definitely when outside of it, along with all other twitch lingo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    They could have demoed a buggy and incomplete d4 to headline blizzcon but blizz took massive heat for BfA being buggy and incomplete. They were under tremendous fire from fans for rushing the xpac out. So they are taking their time with d4 to get it right, even if it means a diablo mobile game headlines blizzcon. I think its a great sign so stop complaining.
    Jesus christ dude....

Really? Even after going full china scam model on us?
    Just get over it, blizzard is the new EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Saying the people who attend Blizzcon is hardcore PC gamers doesn't make them all hardcore PC gamers.

Your post proves my point. You haven't tried the game, yet you call it trash. You haven't seen what kind of monetary systems are in place, yet you call it a scam. You appear to assume its quality without enough evidence.

Perhaps you should rethink what you post before you actually post it.

Or, you know. Present evidence to back up all your claims. I'm sure you can't. And I'm sure you wont. Im honestly expecting a snarky reply, if any. Perhaps you'll surprise me with a well thought of, well presented argument. Would be nice.
    Well, it does appear to be little more than a re-skin of the same system of multiple games by the same company. It may be a decent game, but it's certainly not going to play well for the audience at Blizzcon. People who pay hundreds, if not thousands of dollars to go to Blizzcon are showing that they are hardcore fans, if not hardcore PC gamers. Since most of Blizzard's customers are on the PC, it's a reasonable jump to make.

Now, going back to the game. People who did the demo of it at Blizzcon said they were not overwhelmed with awe.

Won't change anything, but petition is going around.

https://www.change.org/p/supporters-...964b8bedc38

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt there is a Diablo 4 in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    Jesus christ dude....

Really? Even after going full china scam model on us?
    Just get over it, blizzard is the new EA.
    Did they even talk about the monetisation of the game or are you making up stuff? Mobile game do not automatically mean shady business model, PC/Console game are really good at that now anyway. I played some really good one time payment mobile game that have 0 in game store. On the other side, you can have 2 years olds PC game been sold at lucrative price with season pass and stuff still putting their in game shop link in every frame they can...
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

I'll admit, I'm usually Blizzard's good lil' bitch, defending their decisions and all, but this..... I've never been a Diablo player, but I really feel for the Diablo fans, this is just plain insulting.