Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    I'm just trying to think of any lore reasons why Kul Tirans wouldn't be mages, cause it wouldn't make a ton of sense to omit them if there wasn't one already established. It would certainly make more sense than Kul Tirans being able to be shaman or druids though.
    Seems to be that Kul Tirans don't like arcane magic, or perhaps mages in particular. I remember in some of the more recent Jaina lore that her parents were very against her going to study to become a mage and it required an intervention for her to be allowed to go.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    'cuz dey stupid 'nd phat duh.

I mean, people who burn witches on daily basis aren't going to be into magic i believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Yeah if you read about tide sages, they draw their power from the elements and not the arcane. It's why Kul Tirans can be shaman but not mages.

If anything KT humans should get tide sages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Seems to be that Kul Tirans don't like arcane magic, or perhaps mages in particular. I remember in some of the more recent Jaina lore that her parents were very against her going to study to become a mage and it required an intervention for her to be allowed to go.
    Only thing I can find is from Jaina Reunion;
    Katherine Proudmoore: "I moved heave and earth to smooth her path. I had to fight Daelin til allow her to be trained in Dalaran."
    Honestly, that could be as much a parental disagreement as to where and how to raise their child as anything. A quick calculation puts her at 11-13 years at the time of her being sent to study abroad, so I can see why that would be a heated discussion between a mother and father.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Yeah if you read about tide sages, they draw their power from the elements and not the arcane. It's why Kul Tirans can be shaman but not mages.
    But tidesages arent the only spellcasters kul tiras have. We clearly see, there are kul tiran mage npcs in BfA, Tol Barad was controlled by kul tiran wizards, WC3 had hydromancers, who had mix of mage and shaman spells. If this is not proof of kul tiran mages, then Zandalari trolls, Orcs, Dwarves, Goblins cant be mages.

It's a shame that the new leader of the Kul'Tiran people isn't you know A MAGE.
    Never underestimate the unknown, or some shit. *shrugs i unno*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Rather, Daelin was against it.
    This is from Jaina: Reunion:
    Katherine: "In a way, I blame myself for Jaina. She was a special child... Brilliant. And she had such a gentle soul. I moved heaven and earth to smooth her path. I had to fight Daelin to allow her to be trained in Dalaran."
    And given that she was 11 or 12 years old at the time, that is awfully young to go study abroad, so I could see why the parents might have some disagreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    That's not really an edgy opinion it's a realistic one. It's more work for Blizzard to give another race paladins than it is for almost any other class. They have to update class mounts and spell names and lore and lots of small things. I was going to be really pissed if it didn't happen, but I have to give Blizzard credit and say it was really great of them to do it.
    I don't understand that point of view. Don't druids take way more work to implement? I mean, one mount versus some 20 druid forms? And we always knew druids were coming. Not to mention the fact that the entire Zandalari culture and aesthetic was built up around paladin themes. The amount of work involved to implement a class hasn't been a factor since vanilla, and it was druids that were the issue. The real question is and always has been whether or not a class suits the lore and themes of a race, and paladins were a slam dunk on both of those as soon as we saw prelates in Zuldazar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawlhero View Post
    It's a shame that the new leader of the Kul'Tiran people isn't you know A MAGE.
    That leader has been absent from the people for many years and to become a Mage had to move.

You might aswell say Blood Elves should be Shaman because Thrall was once their leader.

Seems like the outcry made them revert this. Source

Mage was incorrectly omitted as an available option for Kul Tirans in the panel and on the World of Warcraft website. While Kul Tiran Mages are relatively uncommon, there are a few prominent examples, and so Kul Tiran characters will be allowed to play as Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The outcry didn't add Zandalari locks though.

I think they genuinely made a mistake here.

81 alliance combos vs 80 horde combos (not including neutral pandas for either). Balances out pretty fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I think they genuinely made a mistake here.
    May be, but from the interview at Blizzcon, Alex Afrasiabi said that they weren't Mages, but he would campaign them to be. So it's this blue post made by community manager vs the word of creative director of WoW.

May be, but from the interview at Blizzcon, Alex Afrasiabi said that they weren't Mages, but he would campaign them to be. So it's this blue post made by community manager vs the word of creative director of WoW.
    I think the warlock statement was a mistake, so the CM just left the post vague rather than explain that they changed their minds on Kul Tiran mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    But tidesages arent the only spellcasters kul tiras have. We clearly see, there are kul tiran mage npcs in BfA, Tol Barad was controlled by kul tiran wizards, WC3 had hydromancers, who had mix of mage and shaman spells. If this is not proof of kul tiran mages, then Zandalari trolls, Orcs, Dwarves, Goblins cant be mages.
    The flamecasters in Tol Dagor are rogue elements of KT society. Remember that TD is a private prison owned by Ashmane, who was doing radical experiments with Azerite. The casters in there are totally wild, and thematically their spells all revolve around uncontrollable fire.

Remember also there is one other prominent KT fire mage, and thats the WQ elite found in Tiragarde. Who was an escapee, locked up because of his pyromaniacal abilities.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anybody else notice that Zandalari cant be be Warlocks?
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

You guys should stop crying whenever something doesn't go your way!!! Not every class and race combination has to happen just because you want it to!!!!