Poll: Do you like how the forces of the void are portrayed in WoW?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmech View Post
    I didn't, but it really didn't grab me the same way. I think it is because it is so flooded with mobs.
    I would say that this https://www.wowhead.com/quest=44785/tea-party is the creepiest quest in all of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    no warcraft is ok in this state, if u want a far more dark lore... i was going to say go diablo then i remember blizzcon, so i guess go dark souls ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The game has the depth and atmosphere of a Pokémon episode. It’s not capable of being creepy.

Yes, definitely. The Scourge left a big void (no pun intended) in its stead when it was "defeated" back in WotLK.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I don't think Blizzard can do creepy if I'm honest, or at least I don't think WoW as a game is capable of such.

Whenever I watch one of those Halloween top 10 videos of creepy things, I always leave with a feeling of, ''wow is that it?''
    Drustvar was pretty well done and I thought was pretty creepy.

But on Old Gods, yeah, Void Elves kind of trivialized being afraid of that particular power.

They better go with visual horror rather than lovecraft atmosphere because that is very hard to make it work but I guess they can copy from Bloodborne and Berserker creepiness for the void creatures
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I believe there can be a balance, but I LOVE the creepy stuff!!

I just think they need to be better at utilizing darkness and visual effects to create threatening atmosphere.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would like it to be more darker and lose most, if not all of the pop culture references. If not lose them, have them hidden and ducked off like they used to be

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    no warcraft is ok in this state, if u want a far more dark lore... i was going to say go diablo then i remember blizzcon, so i guess go dark souls ?
    Nah Darksiders man! Darksiders 3 comes out in two weeks!

Ok, I'll give Drustvar props. Especially coming off Bloodborne that zone was pretty awesome.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Octotron2000 View Post
    With 3 of the 4 Old Gods dead N'zoth is the only hope we have for creepiness, and we already kinda know what he looks like from the Azshara Warbringers and Hearthstone so Blizz ruined that as well.

Unless we resort to exploring what happened at Bael Modan...
    You forgot Xal'atath's old goddess form.

Deleted
    If New Scourge or Black Empire Expansions yes.

Blizzard don't have the writing subtlety to do creepy, let alone horror in any real form. They're too eager to blow their load with OOGA BOOGA LOOK TENTACLES LMAO.

Their world building and zone designers would do a good job of it - Duskwood, Vanilla EPL, Dread Wastes, etc - but anything beyond that? Nah.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    It's not a secret,that part of the Warcraft lore is influenced by the Eldritch Horror - H.P. Lovecraft's books and the names of the old gods in WoW are a bit changed names of his characters - such as C'thun and Cthulhu.

The creatures and the events portrayed in his books are quite creepy - if you have played the Eldritch Horror board game,you know what I'm talking about. Despite the fact,that the whole void theme is heavily influenced by his works,the events and the creatures of the void in WoW look quite...cartoonish and the whole void theme in Warcrat doesn't seem creepy - at all.

So,what you think - do you like how the whole Twilight's Hammer/Old gods/Void theme is shown in the game or would you like it be more creepy?
    I would rather have World of Warhammer.....

/Looks back at Legion Ships appearing at for Legion's Prelaunch Patch.

Oh, nevermind, we're already in a bad version of It.

/Looks deeper at the ridicilous dogfights and Warhammer like fights in Antorus

No.. stop It... enough! >_< you're not Warhammer, blizz.

Being a cynical bastard aside though, no. WoW devs can't do that well and an MMO Isn't good for It either, secret world got closest...ish? But that's about It.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

The old god stuff has always been 'lovecraft lite' anyway.

Part of the horror of cosmic horror is being powerless. When we can put a raid together and go kick an old god's ass, or when its motivations are as understandable and made clear as they are in WoW, you lose that. The old gods have never been more than a shadow of the great old ones in lovecraft's work. Their mission only helps to make Azeroth seem like the center of the universe, not an insignificant spec in a vast cosmic ocean.

Like drustvar? Cause halfway through the story when I realized the ghouls were actually humans with decaying pig heads (like I finally zoomed in to look at the model). I actually jumped and blew CDs on a basic mob cause it creeped me out so much. The entire Zone is creepy in different ways which is nice. Unfortunately it's hard to portray creep and horror in a game where we have killed "gods" for over a decade straight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    They fucked it up already with Void Elves, there is nothing that can change that.

"Controllable eldritch powers" fuck you Blizzard.
    I still wish that Random Void Elves explode into tentacles and start attacking their own.
    It would actually show how unstable and dangerous being infused with Void magic is and how Void Elves must constantly fight against it.

ALso, it'd be hilarious
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Blizzard can do creepy in doses. Drustvar has plenty of creepy, most of which is effective. I thought G'huun was also pretty creepy and gruesome in his design as well.

But yeah, no, the Old Gods aren't creepy anymore. Not when we know all about their origins, their plans, their magic, know that their power really isn't that corruptive (thanks Void Elves) and when they show N'zoth immediately ditching all subtlety and going all MWAHAHA IM A GOD". Plus, Lovecraftian horror doesn't really work in a game where most, if not all villains are destined to be killed by loot-crazed maniacs rather than remain unknowable abominations beyond human understanding.

There is no need to “become” more creepy. Just like with reasons for fighting, Blizzard should just look into their own lore. Cannibals, sacrifices, demons that aren’t just aliens with green fire, slavery, brutal deaths. Warcraft has the material.

5+ Year Old Account
    you can't have any of that when you know almost everything about the baddies you are facing. We know too much about the old gods. The whole point of cosmic horror is fear of the unknown. NOt fear of a tentacle blob with a name that talks shit to u through his pawns, all of whom are defined.
    Fuck you, Give me Money- Bli$$ard

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Yes, definitely. The Scourge left a big void (no pun intended) in its stead when it was "defeated" back in WotLK.
    True. The stuff,that the Scourge did lorewise,is pretty scary - shit,the portrayal of it in Warcraft III was better,than in the WoW. Just remember about the meat wagons and what they used for the ammunition,for example. Or the first time you see the abominations and find out how they were "made".

Also,Drustvar - it definetely is the creepiest zone so far in WoW - I still don't understand how those bird-people were made.