Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    idk why they just stopped when Arthas died and pretended like Bolvar wasn't going to be a problem.
    Because their deal with Arthas was personal, he wanted to sacrifice them and they didnt like the idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Because their deal with Arthas was personal, he wanted to sacrifice them and they didnt like the idea.
    Yeah, but there is no telling Bolvar wouldn't just inevitably betray them. They don't even seem to trust or like the guy, so why feign tolerance? They'd do themselves a favor by cutting what ties they can, than to continuously risk being brainwashed again. The Ebonblade has been shown time and time again that they can't rely on a higher death-entity to not manipulate/ruin them. Neither Arthas, Bolvar, or Sylvanas have been good solutions or alternatives to the other. They are better off making one of their own their leader, than acting as a mercenary faction to the spookiest soon to be raid boss.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Vlindrel View Post
    Still, that doesn't make it feel like a waste of an interesting character, which also could still have a lot to tell about his long life and a lot to correct his past "errors". After the campaign at Zandalar you only got Talanji, Loti, Raal and Zolani as "important" Zandalari characters left... if you don't count the loa.

- - - Updated - - -

It's practically an Horde city, don't play that game man. And I thought Jaina was not a new character but an old one?

- - - Updated - - -

Alliance always asking for "equality" when they are interested in it. When will the Horde raid Stormwind? Still waiting to see that.

Jaina isn't joining the horde least until self insert decides he wants undead Jaina for his harem. I'm talking about their new super girl Talanji who unlike her dad is jumping at the bit to join the horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Originally Magni dying was the mirror of Cairne's offscreen death. But guess what? Just like Bolvar, Magni is coming back as super important character for the story, while Cairne and Dranosh remain dead. So yeah, screw Blizzard and their blue bias.
    Yeah voljin isn't coming back as a death god or anything and they don't literally give Sylvanas extra lifes. You aren't raising former night elf heroes to of their own "free will" enthusiastically kill their former friends and family. Holy crap take the blinders off. Having powerful characters doesn't mean crap all when you never actually win.

I would like a Silvermoon Warfront, but TBH mostly just because I want Quel'thalas to be redone lol, I don't actually want the alliance to get Silvermoon, or the Sunwell.

Maybe the Ghostlands, they would look pretty neat as the base of the Void Elves in Windrunner Spire.

As for the Sunwell... Maybe it would be interesting if it was "gone" and the BE's realized that its influence for the last 10 years actually has cured them form their addcition to magic, so they are like "oh, what do we do now?"

But maybe that's because I want Anveena to be reborn as a half Naaru or something.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    I would like a Silvermoon Warfront, but TBH mostly just because I want Quel'thalas to be redone lol, I don't actually want the alliance to get Silvermoon, or the Sunwell.

Maybe the Ghostlands, they would look pretty neat as the base of the Void Elves in Windrunner Spire.

As for the Sunwell... Maybe it would be interesting if it was "gone" and the BE's realized that its influence for the last 10 years actually has cured them form their addcition to magic, so they are like "oh, what do we do now?"

But maybe that's because I want Anveena to be reborn as a half Naaru or something.
    I just really really want to see the high elves/ void elves roll around on the floor frothing their mouths when they realize they are being treated like the forest trolls as they invade Quel'thalas.

Or we'd just get more of the "WE"RE HERE TO REDEEM THE BLOOD ELVES BY VIOLENTLY FORCING THEM INTO THE ALLIANCE!"

Followed by "why aren't they joining the Alliance?"

Hell I'd settle for Vereesa going "watch how a REAL ranger general fights" only to get arrowed in the back by 2 random no name blood elf rangers
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-11-28 at 03:25 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post

We should be grateful that the bloodelf zones are protected by plot armor, aka the TBC phasing and zoning from outland. It should kepp it up like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Hell I'd settle for Vereesa going "watch how a REAL ranger general fights" only to get arrowed in the back by 2 random no name blood elf rangers
    Almost as funny as rock star powersliding into Frostmourne.

We should be grateful that the bloodelf zones are protected by plot armor, aka the TBC phasing and zoning from outland. It should kepp it up like this.
    That's not plot armor, that's dev incompetence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    implying he could even think about doing that without crying about his bones hurting.
    Is he a mod for /r/bonehurtingjuice?

- - - Updated - - -

Til not being a traitor makes you a lapdog.
    [Edwin VanCleef yells: Lapdogs! All of you...]

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post

Call it whatever you want, outcome stays the same.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Not actually how Sylvanas died though.

As opposed to Vereesa who is actually a self titled incompetent ranger who gets her arrows shot out of her hands.

If there is a lore reason for why the Alliance can't / wont invade Quel'thalas, its not incompetence.

If the devs wanted to do that but couldn't figure out how, that would be incompetence.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2018-11-28 at 04:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Not actually how Sylvanas died though.
    Oh I know, but that part of the cinematic will never stop being funny in just how bad it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Oh I know, but that part of the cinematic will never stop being funny in just how bad it is.
    It represents their mentality when it comes to storytelling perfectly though.

Deleted
    That Warbringers episode got so much more wrong than it did right about the invasion of Quel'Thalas and Sylvanas's defense, it's just laughable. Granted, it was only a flashback and so they only had a finite amount of time to fit that whole part of the story in, but that is no real excuse. One need only read the relevant chapter in the 'Arthas' novel to find out what she was really up against and how she really died.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentheon View Post
    That Warbringers episode got so much more wrong than it did right about the invasion of Quel'Thalas and Sylvanas's defense, it's just laughable. Granted, it was only a flashback and so they only had a finite amount of time to fit that whole part of the story in, but that is no real excuse. One need only read the relevant chapter in the 'Arthas' novel to find out what she was really up against and how she really died.
    That novel is just glorified fanfiction. Read chronicles instead.

Deleted
    That novel is just glorified fanfiction. Read chronicles instead.
    It's written by one of the official Blizzard writers - it's as true canon lore as you can get, just as much as Chronicles. Unless Chronicles outright retcons everything that happened at Quel'Thalas then what is described in "Arthas" is how things actually happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentheon View Post
    It's written by one of the official Blizzard writers - it's as true canon lore as you can get, just as much as Chronicles. Unless Chronicles outright retcons everything that happened at Quel'Thalas then what is described in "Arthas" is how things actually happened.
    Chronicles is official overview of the lore. It doesn't go into much detail usually, however it stands above all the novels, if there is a contradiction. Chronicles list reasons for her death as self sacrifice to give Silvermoon time to prepare and immense fatigue.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there is also the humongous magical shield powered by the sunwell they can make. And reason they can't destroy it is that, while yea they are exiles it still is the holiest site, for all Thalassian Elves.
    Last edited by sighy; 2018-11-28 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xendral View Post
    I could enjoy a Silvermoon Warfront with a good story. But i just doubt that these writers can create a proper story.

The Void - and High Elves could get Quel'Thalas, Silvermoon and the Sunwell for all i care, as long as the Blood Elves split in two faction, a.k.a the current Blood Elves, which are only High Elves, and the TFT Blood Elves, like they were meant to be, again. The current Blood Elves, which are nothing more than High Elves, can go to the Alliance, the other Blood Elves stay in the Horde, even though they really don't fit the Horde well. But still better compared to the current Blood Elf version. Give players the choice.

But this won't happen. So it doesn't matter.
    No. If you want to play a High elf/Blood elf, then make a blood elf and fight for the horde. This is how it is and it is here to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    Chronicles is official overview of the lore. It doesn't go into much detail usually, however it stands above all the novels, if there is a contradiction. Chronicles list reasons for her death as self sacrifice to give Silvermoon time to prepare and immense fatigue.

- - - Updated - - -

Well there is also the humongous magical shield powered by the sunwell they can make. And reason they can't destroy it is that, while yea they are exiles it still is the holiest site, for all Thalassian Elves.
    She still died because her runners were killed by Arthas and Silvermoon didn't get the memo of how close was Arthas from the city and you kinda see that in the new questline for the heritage armor
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sighy View Post
    This is essentially how Golden describes it too in the "Arthas" novel, just in more detail, which means we can take this as an honest and accurate account of events as they happened. As any material released by Blizzard is official lore and canon regardless of who writes it we can naturally assume both descriptions of the same event to be factually accurate, unless there is a direct contradiction between them, in which case the more current publication overrules the older. Regardless, there is no contradiction here between "Chronicles" and "Arthas" so it's a non-issue.

5+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=287123/...ons-discovered

Warfront: Silvermoon.

We've known this for months guys. Come on.

It's going to be Alleria and Turalyon leading an assault on Silvermoon and it'll fail because it's where Arator's vision about his father dying comes true and Alleria goes off the deep-end afterwards. Horde gets saved by plot armor, Alliance rages because they feel "muh Horde bias", and Horde are happy because either Eversong or Silvermoon get facelifts as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    The Horde could literally be down to just the Horde player character as Warchief trying to organize some Furbolgs to build a capital in Timbermaw Hold for a new Horde made up of them and some Vulpera, and we'd get threads about pro-Horde bias because the Horde's weapons are too sharp.