10+ Year Old Account
    40 minutes late. One reporters stood up and talked to her cameraman, and some SS guys started putting away the front row of all empty chairs.

Oh, sorry. "Acting reporters".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    40 minutes late. One reporters stood up and talked to her cameraman, and some SS guys started putting away the front row of all empty chairs.

Oh, sorry. "Acting reporters".
    If it happens, it happens after markets close in an hour. I’m guessing this is going to be pretty bad and he knows it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If it happens, it happens after markets close in an hour. I’m guessing this is going to be pretty bad and he knows it...
    Then why the fact orange fuck did he schedule it for 2? I was legit caught by surprise, I thought it would be 5 for that very reason. The only reason I'm watching is I'm writing up my next course. Online. Because of the lethal outbreak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why the fact orange fuck did he schedule it for 2? I was legit caught by surprise, I thought it would be 5 for that very reason. The only reason I'm watching is I'm writing up my next course. Online. Because of the lethal outbreak.
    Because it’s Trump...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    49 minutes late and he brings out Kudlow and some other people.

They are standing shoulder to shoulder and nobody's wearing masks.

And Trump immediately gets into it -- time to watch the DOW.

This is admission Phase One is dead. He's explaining how China was the worst in every administration except his, but he gave them a chance. Because he's a fucking liar hypocrite.

And he brought up the islands in the Pacific. Oh shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Throwing Hong Kong in there, which makes sense, except Trump says "China did this for national security and that's a weak excuse" with zero sense of irony.

- - - Updated - - -

And it's over. Trump announced he will be issuing a proclamation, then left without taking questions.

Might as well, what answers does he have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically, defunding the WHO and all trade deals with Hong Kong are over.

- - - Updated - - -

And Trump immediately gets into it -- time to watch the DOW.

This is admission Phase One is dead.
    The Dow is going up, because he didn’t actually do anything about China.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did announce some upcoming stuff, but, yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did announce some upcoming stuff, but, yeah.
    I think all of it was aimed at Hong Kong. I believe all of his comments about intellectual property and trade, where in reference to Hong Kong, not China as a whole. Basically, treating HK, like they are China.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think all of it was aimed at Hong Kong.
    True, but the preamble was not. Trump led up to Hong Kong over like 4 minutes saying what I paraphrased earlier: China ripped off the US in every President but Trump, but Trump gave them a second chance because Trump's a nice guy. Even if it is all about Hong Kong in the upcoming actions, the message clearly was not.

I reserve the right to say Phase One is dead.

I think all of it was aimed at Hong Kong. I believe all of his comments about intellectual property and trade, where in reference to Hong Kong, not China as a whole. Basically, treating HK, like they are China.
    As much as I disagree with trump I can't argue to much about stripping any extra trade benefits from HK that china does not have. With the latest moves from china there clearly is no longer 2 systems one country any more so there is no reason for us to pretend there is.

49 minutes late and he brings out Kudlow and some other people.

They are standing shoulder to shoulder and nobody's wearing masks.

?
    Must be nice to get tested every 6 hours and everyone in the building get tested daily (at least)….all at taxpayers expense.

meanwhile people working in meat plants and in the farmers fields are all getting sick.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Must be nice to get tested every 6 hours and everyone in the building get tested daily (at least)….all at taxpayers expense.

meanwhile people working in meat plants and in the farmers fields are all getting sick.
    Every Single Worker Has Covid at One U.S. Farm on Eve of Harvest

That's in Tennessee. Although apparently very few show any symptoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds just like this Reuters article.

Of course, Trump took no direct actions on trade. This was an announcement that Phase One was dead -- China no longer has any reason whatsoever to live up to its promises, the ones they weren't going to live up to anyhow. Now, they can blame the outbreak, but they can also say "Trump broke our truce, he is untrustworthy, so we broke the trade deal in retaliation".

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Every Single Worker Has Covid at One U.S. Farm on Eve of Harvest

That's in Tennessee. Although apparently very few show any symptoms.
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tyson...131217408.html

A Tyson Foods pork processing plant in Iowa is shutting down after officials revealed an astonishing 22% of workers tested positive for COVID-19.
    The 550 workers infected with the coronavirus at the Storm Lake plant in Iowa, which employs about 2,500 people, triggered a surge of cases in Buena Vista County, home of just 20,000 residents. With a total of 700 people who tested positive as of Thursday, the county has the highest concentration of cases in Iowa.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Apple was the first company to hit the 1 trillion dollar market cap on August 2, 2018. I made a post about it back then. It took Apple 42 years to reach that point. It took the company less than 22 months, despite the biggest US economic recession and an unfriendly administration, to jump from 1 trillion to 1.38 trillion market cap. That's almost 40% gain in less than two years. Remarkable for a mature company like Apple. Microsoft and Amazon have since joined the club, and, likely Alphabet soon. At the current trajectory, both Apple and Microsoft may hit the 2 trillion market cap by 2022/2023. Surpassing SA Aramco which has lost one-eight of its market value in 5 months. BTW, the graph below is a bit dated. Alphabet gained 10 billion in market cap today and ended the week at 978.5 billion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Apple was the first company to hit the 1 trillion dollar market cap on August 2, 2018. I made a post about it back then. It took Apple 42 years to reach that point. It took the company less than 22 months, despite the biggest US economic recession and an unfriendly administration, to jump from 1 trillion to 1.38 trillion market cap. That's almost 40% gain in less than two years. Remarkable for a mature company like Apple. Microsoft and Amazon have since joined the club, and, likely Alphabet soon. At the current trajectory, both Apple and Microsoft may hit the 2 trillion market cap by 2022/2023. Surpassing SA Aramco which has lost one-eight of its market value in 5 months. BTW, the graph below is a bit dated. Alphabet gained 10 billion in market cap today and ended the week at 978.5 billion.
    all you need is oil to get above 55 and they will be back above 2 trillion most likley.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    While the stock market has been quite flat for a lethal outbreak that's been set on fire, don't expect that to continue forever.

Chief financial officers of major corporations around the globe are more likely to believe the Dow Jones Industrial Average will retest its coronavirus crash level, below 19,000, before reaching another stock market record high above 29,000, according to the second quarter 2020 CNBC Global CFO Council Survey.

Only 22% of global CFOs expect the Dow to reach a new record high without first experiencing another major decline, while 51% of CFOs are betting that the Dow is headed back below 19,000. The bleakest outlook comes from CFOs in the EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) region, where only 10% of CFOs believe the Dow is headed for another record. That’s versus 70% of EMEA chief financial officers who see another big drop in U.S. stocks ahead.

Many market observers have argued that the recent stock market rally is hard to square with economic reality —that stocks are, in fact, divorced from real economic conditions — and North American-based CFOs are tilted to the negative, but less so than global counterparts. Nearly half (46%) expect the Dow to fall back below 19,000, but one-third (33%) think a new stock market record is coming first.
    If Trump officially ends Phase One, and I recently posted on that topic, I'll side with the plurality and say "crash". Most of us seem to agree that the market is unnaturally high right now, for the circumstances. And it doesn't take much to knock over a house of cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention: "under 19,000" would not only be lower than the recent crash, but also put is in 2016 territory. If that happens, Trump will have a negative DOW result.

Which, in turn, would be impossible to handwave.

While the stock market has been quite flat for a lethal outbreak that's been set on fire, don't expect that to continue forever.

If Trump officially ends Phase One, and I recently posted on that topic, I'll side with the plurality and say "crash". Most of us seem to agree that the market is unnaturally high right now, for the circumstances. And it doesn't take much to knock over a house of cards.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention: "under 19,000" would not only be lower than the recent crash, but also put is in 2016 territory. If that happens, Trump will have a negative DOW result.

Which, in turn, would be impossible to handwave.
    The under 19k stuff won't happen until after the election. If Trump is still President, it won't matter. If Biden is, the drop will be blamed on him. The people supporting Trump just need to keep the DOW up for 5 more months. Well 5 months and a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    The under 19k stuff won't happen until after the election. If Trump is still President, it won't matter. If Biden is, the drop will be blamed on him. The people supporting Trump just need to keep the DOW up for 5 more months. Well 5 months and a week.
    China already announced that it will stop the import of some goods from the US. This isnt something Trump or any of his goons can control.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    China already announced that it will stop the import of some goods from the US. This isnt something Trump or any of his goons can control.
    on top of that they are starting to cancel farm orders....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!