Possible dumb question about Azerite.

Follow up from a question I had from a thread on the main page. Note: I'm not playing the game, but I've been keeping up on the story, so I can't log in to find this out.

The story starts with both factions discovering azerite bubbling up in the ground, after Sargaras stabs the planet. The factions go to war over it, because it makes incredible weapons. (I guess other issues, as well) The player is made her champion...but for what? Is there anything in the story about healing Azeroth, or any concern at all that Sargeras stabbed the planet and it's bleeding out? Any efforts to save her/it? Any concern at all? All of the cut scenes and lore is around the faction squabble and the new allies, and the Jaina and Sylvanas drama. Is there anything in the story that talks about how this new shiny stuff we're fighting over and making armor with is kind of important as the planet's babby Titan's blood?

Is the whole point of collecting azerite given any meaning to the player, beyond making them more powerful? Any hints of this? I've looked, and I can't find anything regarding this. Makes the whole story seem pointless fighting over azerite, if the planet dies because she just slowly bleeds out.

What do you think, if anything, they'll add to the story, to finish this expansion up with? Or will they just have Khadgar show up from wherever he is, wave his hand, and the sword disappears and Azeroth gets a Murlock bandaid and a bowl of ice cream and the players go kill void [something]s?

It just struck me how odd this is. It would seem to me SOME attention should be paid to the big sword sticking out of Sithilus, and the leaders discussing it at length to it's impact on their planet - and what to DO about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Magni gives the Champion (the player, you) the Heart of Azeroth which is means to reabsorb the essence of Azerite deposits around the world and return it in some fashion to the World-Soul, thereby returning her strength to her. The Champions of Azeroth World Quests involve finding the largest eruptions of Azerite in both Kul Tiras and Zandalar (at least for now) and either absorbing the Azerite formations' essence, or killing mobs intent on draining said essence, and returning it to the world. The process does imbue the Champion with some residual Azerite power, mostly incarnated in the Heart itself as well as the three chosen Azerite armor pieces through which this residual power flows. The Horde and Alliance, as well as other factions, are also hunting down Azerite deposits as means to create empowered weapons and ordinance from it, such as the Ashvane Company as well as Heartsblood Coven and the Faithless Sethrak.

I imagine Azerite is kind of B-plot for the moment while the Faction War takes the dominant story role, but I expect the story to pivot eventually as the planet's condition will needed to be reassessed and remedied by the groups currently fighting. Right now I think the whole notion of the Wound and the impending death of the world is too big for people of Azeroth to cope with at the moment, and the Faction War itself could be seen as a giant distraction away from a problem both sides feel they can't begin to address.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Aside from an introductory quest where Magni gives you the Heart of Azeroth, there's not really anything in the game regarding the whole "healing the planet" storyline aside from Magni's voice over in some world quests telling you to soak up more azerite. It's given enough screen time to acknowledge it, but there's not really much of a story behind it at the moment. Most of the player's actions involve helping their faction use azerite for their own ends, which clashes a little with the idea that you're supposed to be helping Magni.

Point of Azerite is to find out we all have been duped by Magni and hes been a pawn of N'zoth since he became "her" speaker hence the quote from Il'gynoth "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn". And when you get to revered an old god minion gloats and Magni wants you to use your necklace to "banish" the being away but believe there is ulterior motives to that act.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Point of Azerite is to find out we all have been duped by Magni and hes been a pawn of N'zoth since he became "her" speaker hence the quote from Il'gynoth "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn". And when you get to revered an old god minion gloats and Magni wants you to use your necklace to "banish" the being away but believe there is ulterior motives to that act.
    They're Old Gods, they're going to say things in misleading ways. Just because Magni has been 'made a pawn' doesn't mean he's a pawn of the Old Gods. He could very well be a pawn of Azeroth itself. Or, alternatively, it could be a descriptor of his strength and capabilities compared to them.

It's a side plot like the return of Illidan, by 8.2 and 8.3 this plotline will become very important with either healing the planet and even forming her own avatar or about to die and something nasty happens like capturing old gods, wild gods and death gods transforming then in energy for the life support of the planet and that storyline gets more darker in the next expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I'm banking hard on the "Azeroth is dying" plot point to come back to the forefront riiiiight at the climax of the faction war plot.

It seems nearly guaranteed that we lose the Heart at the end of the expansion. (As it is an expansion-specific feature) The rather important question becomes how and to who?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm banking hard on the "Azeroth is dying" plot point to come back to the forefront riiiiight at the climax of the faction war plot.

It seems nearly guaranteed that we lose the Heart at the end of the expansion. (As it is an expansion-specific feature) The rather important question becomes how and to who?
    I just believe they are gonna pull the artifact ending questline again, I don't see anything else to heal azeroth except some cosmic beings comes to the last patch and heals azeroth but at the price of something but blizzard isn't cleaver enough to pull that
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

It's probably the last piece of azerite that the planet needs back.

On a side note, it's weird all the azerite bleed-out points are exclusively in Zandalar, Kul Tiras, and random islands near both of those places.

I understand from a "yeah well thats where the expac takes place, so of course they're all there" but then we have warfronts cropping up all over the globe and none of them have any blood-out spots so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post

On a side note, it's weird all the azerite bleed-out points are exclusively in Zandalar, Kul Tiras, and random islands near both of those places.

I understand from a "yeah well thats where the expac takes place, so of course they're all there" but then we have warfronts cropping up all over the globe and none of them have any blood-out spots so far.
    You're missing the "source" bleed-outs in Silithus; Gallywix set up mining operations there, although players aren't collecting it. Does beg the question of why we're not doing that if putting azerite into the Heart of Azeroth is helping to heal the wound, but I digress.

Canonically I think that basically what happened is that a champion was gifted with the Heart of Azeroth and then went around collecting azerite to help heal her, while also helping their faction go to war with the other because basically nobody can rest on their laurels and let the other side win the azerite-collecting war, and nobody seems to have had the wherewithal to realise that we should probably be working together to make sure Azeroth doesn't horribly die.

I still think we're unwittingly helping N'Zoth with some kind of insidious plan but we'll have to wait and see.

5+ Year Old Account

Island Expeditions are supposed to show just that. It is popping up across the world, it's just that Blizzard hasn't shown that in the Old world outside of Silithis.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    During the War of Thorns there was a Darkshore island brimming with Aszerite, too.

Oh, and the battleground "off the coast of Sillithus".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Trihan View Post
    You're missing the "source" bleed-outs in Silithus; Gallywix set up mining operations there, although players aren't collecting it. Does beg the question of why we're not doing that if putting azerite into the Heart of Azeroth is helping to heal the wound, but I digress.
    Yeah its kind of silly how there's so much azerite in Silithus and Magni is sitting there, watching goblins salvage it and telling us "we need all the azerite we can get! go to zandalar / kultiras now!"

I feel like Sargeras' sword will need to be dealt with at some point as well. I know we used the artifacts to draw out the corruption, but probably not wise to leave that thing where it is.

I don't know how they'd go about handling it though.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    I feel like Sargeras' sword will need to be dealt with at some point as well. I know we used the artifacts to draw out the corruption, but probably not wise to leave that thing where it is.

I don't know how they'd go about handling it though.
    By the power of Ba'ad Wri'ting, Loa of Asspulls. (Shamelessly stolen from someone here, can't recall at the moment.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Azerite was this material that wasn't just good for weapons, but something that enhanced mind and sped up evolution. Well of Eternity was watered down Azerite and it forced the Trolls to evolve into Night Elves and further into Highborne. Archimonde originally launched an invasion with the hopes of getting to the new Well of Eternity which only consisted of 3 vials of the water from the original Well of Eternity(originally believing it would make him as strong as Sargeras). When Sylvanas and Anduin held a piece of Azerite, it enhanced their mental capacity and they could process information much better, basically like they had just taken some NZT-48.

There was so many possibilities, I even made a post about how we could possibly see other races being "uplifted" by this, giving us new enemies or possibly even new allies, just like how the Jinyu evolved from Murlocs by being close to the Vale of Eternal Blossom that had a river connecting to the original Well of Eternity.

But then so far all we've seen is that they take this miracle evolution material that can make lesser creatures superior and superior races gods... be used to make tanks, armor and explosions(weak explosions). Maybe Blizzard knows that their writers are stupid which defines how smart a character can be, so they're going to avoid making intellectual characters. :/

It's all just really disappointing to be honest. Blizzard doesn't know what the word "possibilities" means sadly.

Azeroth is bleeding and dying. Magni is trying to save her. azerite is her solidified power (there are also some azerite pools in WQ areas jumping in them gives small boost in power)
    Magni gave warnings to everybody. to Alliance leaders. Horde leaders. Earthen Ring. Cenarion Circle. even centaurs of Desolace.
    we can assume that almost every organization leader knows what is azerite and that planet is dying. and even more people realize its potential.
    books say that touching Azerite gives some other feelings to wielders. even some random tribes of various races/factions and murlocs elementals and dragonkin try to harvest it. its some kind of universal substance for everything

Magni choses player character as Champion of Azeroth. we can assume therr are several maybe hundred champions. there are several types of world quests in Zandalar/Kul Tiras:
    1. harvest azerite - some elementals are infused witg azerite in area. we kill. use special button AKA necklace to harvest its power.
    2. harvest azerite -there are some kind of enemy in area (mogu. blood trolls. ashvane co. etc) who are harvesting azerite. we kill them + harvest from nodes
    3. kill special target -usually we have to kill powerful mob to stop it from harvesting azerite power
    4. heal azeroth. we go to certain areas and use our necklaces to heal 5 dots on specific area. aka "return" azerite power back to planet

also alliance and horde send expeditions to random islands for azerite harvesting

so far Sylvanas Gallywix and Nathanos dong give a F. about Azeroth. they seek more power/money/weapons
    Allianxe is also using it "because Jorde started and we need to stop them"
    Tauren want help. first they need find their spine. orcs dont seem to care. trolls and BE are kinda neutral in blood hunt

old god forces harvest azerite as well (zul. mogu. naga. ashvane. etc)

The islands are all over the place. It's weird to you because you assumed they'd all be near Zandalar and KT.
    Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    old god forces harvest azerite as well (zul. mogu. naga. ashvane. etc)
    In Stormsong and Nazmir you even get Faceless joining in on the fun.