Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Convince Me to Come Back

BfA is getting a lot of hate. I certainly wasn't enjoying myself when I quit not long after BfA came out. But as I usually do with WoW, I get the itch to come back after the stink of why I left in the first place fades away. So if you're currently playing the game and actually enjoy it, tell me what you're liking about it and why I should reconsider giving it another try at this time. Thanks!
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

No one cares if you come back.

10+ Year Old Account
    convince you? no. go read the front page and decide for yourself. i dont really care enough if you come back or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Nah dude. You don’t want any of this man. Just stay away from the stuff.

I don't care.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    No one cares if you come back.
    Well yeah, I don't expect anyone to care. That's not what I'm fishing for here. I just want to know if there are any reasons to come back. Or is there nothing but salt on these forums?

Wouldn't that just make the stink fade away even more?
    I have a buddy who also has a hate/love relationship with BFA. His compromise: he just plays super casual now.

8.2 will be great. Real story starts, return of flying, two new zones with flying promised, even more fixes for broken class mechanics and azerite garbage.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

If you’re wanting to be convinced, you already made up your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    8.2 will be great. Real story starts, return of flying, two new zones with flying promised, even more fixes for broken class mechanics and azerite garbage.
    The 2 new zones probably won't have flying. They never said that they would have it, let alone promise.

Quote Originally Posted by audyX View Post
    I have a buddy who also has a hate/love relationship with BFA. His compromise: he just plays super casual now.
    What does playing super casual entail? Just doing world quests or what?

That all sounds good. The Azerite stuff was a turnoff for me.

That never happened.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

I'm gonna convince you to come to a WotLK or Mop private server before I let you waste $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    What does playing super casual entail? Just doing world quests or what?
    A day a week... When he's drunk enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I'm gonna convince you to come to a WotLK or Mop private server before I let you waste $15.
    That wouldn't require much convincing for me actually. WotLK was the peak of my WoW enjoyment. What's a good WotLK server?

Quote Originally Posted by audyX View Post
    A day a week... When he's drunk enough.
    lol

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah, I don't expect anyone to care. That's not what I'm fishing for here. I just want to know if there are any reasons to come back. Or is there nothing but salt on these forums?
    Also we have no idea who you are and what you like, that's why these threads are closed anyway. For example for completionist 8.1 is good time to come back, many new stuff was added, but for raider/pvper real content begins 22. January.

Quote Originally Posted by THCRaven View Post
    Come so you don't fall behind on artifact power, also farm azerite pieces to get the new currency, lastly you can do the usual, transmog, gold, pets, alts etc.
    I'm not too worried about falling behind. I took a break in Legion and when I came back, I was caught up with everyone after a couple weeks. No big deal. Assuming that the catch-up mechanics are decent this time around...

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Also we have no idea who you are and what you like, that's why these threads are closed anyway. For example for completionist 8.1 is good time to come back, many new stuff was added, but for raider/pvper real content begins 22. January.
    I do a little bit of everything really so that's why I didn't mention what kind of player I am

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    The 2 new zones probably won't have flying. They never said that they would have it, let alone promise.
    Can't find quote now, but at Blizzcon it was said, that current plan was to allow flying there. And it WILL be enabled in at least one of them. Why? Pathfinder, Part 2, you know. If it won't be tied to new zone, then there is no point in having it. This is trap, Blizzard have put themselves into with their time-gated Part 2. They HAVE TO make new content for it, otherwise it would be pointless and flying would need to be enabled via achieving Part 1.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I do a little bit of everything really so that's why I didn't mention what kind of player I am
    Well, so if you are enjoying WoW, sure, come back (problem with many comments "don't come back" is that they come from people that no longer enjoy WoW). If you didn't enjoy WoW recently, 8.1 is not groundbreaking (although it shift game more from RNG to currency system - we will have vendor from ALL dungeon azerite pieces, also island expedition and warfronts vendors with new cosmetics and mounts).

If you do little research, you will find ton of info about 8.1 features on wowhead/youtube and here on main page. Also important thing: Zandalari/Kul tiran won't come in 8.1 or 22. January - they are part of 8.1.5 content, which probably will arrive around end of Q1.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    They didn't promise anything, but I think at least Nazjatar will have flying. They must place Pathfinder 2 somewhere, I guess it will require Nazjatar exploration, new rep on revered and maybe 8.2 campaign.

Also don't forget why Argus doesn't have flying - they build mini-zones to create illusion that it's part of massive planet. Flying with invisible walls would break that illusion.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-12-09 at 06:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dont come back if you cannot find your own reasons to... don't allow others to highlight "good points" that are "good" enough for you to justify coming back

You'll end up being hurt in the end and hate the game more for wasting time.