Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    fixed that for you.

if you're just now waking up to what politics and cultural decay in the US has become, then i both envy your blissful ignorance and can't believe your... let's call it "innocence."

there's really nothing to be done though because this is built into the structure of the country, corruption and cronyism and extremism are fundamental cores of the foundations of the US as a nation, and honestly it's a miracle it lasted as long as it did before getting to this point of pure theater.
    it's been fucked for pretty much ever but a lot of cultural domineering kind of hid it, but since the 60s (and with a huge boost in the 80s and early 00s) the parts of this country that are inherently flawed and doomed to failure if "the overall betterment and furthering of the human race as a species and progress towards social and technological improvement" is your goal for a nation has really been highlighted.

the 'solution' is very simple but it requires that you set a goal and then do what is required to achieve that goal, instead of the current system where some goals are vaguely defined and then sort of waved at while turning slowly in a circle.

either liberal and democratic political structures need to stop being fuckin' pussies all the time and just go "you know what? fuck you, the south. you're out of the process" and simply eliminate conservative elements from the structures of government, which wouldn't be an instant fix to the long-term problem but would be the equivalent of at least getting the bullet out and letting the body start to repair itself.
    or,
    regressive and domineering cultural forces need to embrace the fact they are inherently a fascist patriarchal theocracy and turn the country into the gun-running jesus freak dystopia they so desperately crave the idea of, before losing their god damn minds over being confronted with the reality that being a portly balding 37 year old with a glock doesn't make you rambo, and in the world they keep trying to tear us down to they would be food.
    Found the far lefty

Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    Found the far lefty
    i wasn't exactly hiding, i'm not ashamed of the fact that progressive social and cultural values have an objective and demonstrable track record of being vastly more effective when it comes to the overall well being of the largest number of people, as well as furthering advancements in every aspect of science and innovation.
    this isn't debatable from the stand point of the end result: "leftism" has won the argument IF your goal is the furthering of the human race as a species and the betterment of everyone living in a given society.

but, i'm also a moral relativist so i'll be the first one to say that there is no valid argument to stipulate that this is the "correct" goal for humanity.
    if your desire is for classism, caste systems, "fuck you, i got mine" cultural mentalities, and fucking over the most amount of people possible for the enrichment of a predatory few, then the left is clearly a failure on near every conceivable level.

i don't make a claim that one is necessarily superior over the other, but the facts in evidence for which one accomplishes which goal are indisputable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeth View Post
    Found the far lefty
    Ned Flanders was right...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    Since 2014 politics has gone completely insane! We have mass incarceration, greed, opioid epidemic, political extremism, etc.

America seems like a dystopian hellscape.

What can be done to give us a happy ending to all of this madness?

Do we need active grassroots political movements to get the ruling class to start giving a damn?

What the hell is going on?
    Three words.

Eat
    the
    rich
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i wasn't exactly hiding, i'm not ashamed of the fact that progressive social and cultural values have an objective and demonstrable track record of being vastly more effective when it comes to the overall well being of the largest number of people, as well as furthering advancements in every aspect of science and innovation.
    this isn't debatable from the stand point of the end result: "leftism" has won the argument IF your goal is the furthering of the human race as a species and the betterment of everyone living in a given society.

but, i'm also a moral relativist so i'll be the first one to say that there is no valid argument to stipulate that this is the "correct" goal for humanity.
    if your desire is for classism, caste systems, "fuck you, i got mine" cultural mentalities, and fucking over the most amount of people possible for the enrichment of a predatory few, then the left is clearly a failure on near every conceivable level.

i don't make a claim that one is necessarily superior over the other, but the facts in evidence for which one accomplishes which goal are indisputable.
    "I dont claim that one is necessarily superior over the other" "lets remove people and there ideals from existance" whoa there hitler

We need a huge shift towards the widespread adoption of traditional ideals like family, marriage, religion, community, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Three words.

Eat
    the
    rich
    One word... Diarrhea... Now convince the public they are not just as special as the rich, for them not to think they are being eaten. We spent the last several decades indoctrinating kids on their snowflake superiority. Now you are going to talk about eating the rich, without alienating those that will be rich any second?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    We need a huge shift towards the widespread adoption of traditional ideals like family, marriage, religion, community, etc.
    Yes, because doing the same thing over and over again, to expect a different result, has never been called insanity. /s
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, because doing the same thing over and over again, has never been called insanity. /s
    What do you mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean?
    I mean that returning to being beholden to religion and one’s projection of community, has been tried numerous times. It hasn’t succeeded in anything, but authoritarianism behind those who define community and religion. It has failed every single time as a result... it failed with USSR and it failed with Church of England. It didn’t lead the chosen people out of shackles, no more than it brought us a utopian community. With Einstein being the one to coin the meaning of insanity, as doing the same thing multiple times, but expecting a different result.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Of course, only the correct type of family, the correct type of marriage, the correct religion, and proper community...

I mean that returning to being beholden to religion and one’s projection of community, has been tried numerous times. It hasn’t succeeded in anything, but authoritarianism behind those who define community and religion. It has failed every single time as a result... it failed with USSR and it failed with Church of England. It didn’t lead the chosen people out of shackles, no more than it brought us a utopian community. With Einstein being the one to coin the meaning of insanity, as doing the same thing multiple times, but expecting a different result.
    Those things are not what I'm talking about. I'm saying people should try to get married, have kids, go to their local church, and create meaningful relationships with those around them. This is how life used to be and how God intended it to be. Happy people today are still the ones who adhere close to this model through one degree or another. You don't even need to be religious and you can still be happy if you're single but being disconnected from your surroundings leads to things the OP talked about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Of course, only the correct type of family, the correct type of marriage, the correct religion, and proper community...
    It takes a village...

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Big and small families can be happy. Same-sex couples can be happy. Every major religious tradition is intellectually stimulating and worth people's attention. Your community can be anywhere, small or large and still be compelling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those things are not what I'm talking about. I'm saying people should try to get married, have kids, go to their local church, and create meaningful relationships with those around them. This is how life used to be and how God intended it to be. Happy people today are still the ones who adhere close to this model through one degree or another. You don't even need to be religious and you can still be happy if you're single but being disconnected from your surroundings leads to things the OP talked about.
    With me point that those things existed, yet we are at a point of insanity. That’s not a solution... trying again, but expecting it to not lead back here, is insanity. Because Egyptians did it too... the Russians tried... so did Babylon... and Rome...

With me point that those things existed, yet we are at a point of insanity. That’s not a solution... trying again, but expecting it to not lead back here, is insanity. Because Egyptians did it too... the Russians tried... so did Babylon... and Rome...
    What is a solution then if not the proven mechanisms for giving people meaning in their lives?

10+ Year Old Account
    What is a solution then if not the proven mechanisms for giving people meaning in their lives?
    Don’t speak for god... everything else will sort it self out. Don’t put your faith in man who claim to hear divinity. Be your self...

People will try to mislead you... just be your self and know everything will be Okay...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Upgrading your educational and political system. They are closer to that of 3rd world countries than to Europe or modern asian countries.
    I was going to say "get rid of the Republican party". But it amount to the same thing. No quick fixes, just a long hard slog back to democracy and cilivization.
    Impeach the MF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two possibilities:

Fix our education system

- or -

Signal the Reapers in dark space that now's the time for a new harvest.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Two possibilities:

Fix our education system

- or -

Signal the Reapers in dark space that now's the time for a new harvest.
    We are working on the second one already! The first one seems too hard.

It takes a village...
    Hilarious. What a lark. You did well!