View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by dipzz View Post
    There were dark rangers in WC3....
    This discussion again?
    Yes. but there weren't any Night Elf dark rangers.

Yeah ofc, who doesnt remember the famous night elf hero "Dark Ranger". Totally a night elf unit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    She said at Blizzcon(or some time around it) that she will rewrite Jaina to make her more important.
    Lol, as if jaina wasn't significant enough.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes, in the Undead race.

Not in the Night Elf race, which was the racial picture i was talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Even if reforged was just a texture update, they'd have to remodel things so it doesn't look like god damn Porygon.
    I have to say though, you can do quite a bit with textures just to get the look across. Keep in mind that SC:R looks pretty darn good, and it's all rendered sprites.

I've seen some really good stuff that artists have made on Hive with very low poly limits like the originals too. Here's some of Traggey's work

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    No. Please no. Cant even troll about this. Her obsession and self-inserting into that character is already unbearable in WoW, WC3 is too much. Jaina already has a goddamn important role in Wc3, what else is she supposed to do now?? Be the one to summon the wisps who destroy Archi?
    Pls tell me u are out-trolling me rn.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusi...n-for-reforged

Alas, I am not trolling.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Linking a dead gamestop magazine article
    LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how she'll retroactively butcher Sylv and try to ascend Jaina to the best thing since Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I have to say though, you can do quite a bit with textures just to get the look across. Keep in mind that SC:R looks pretty darn good, and it's all rendered sprites.

I've seen some really good stuff that artists have made on Hive with very low poly limits like the originals too. Here's some of Traggey's work

Pretty cool. Not as high quality as reforged but pretty cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Linking a dead gamestop magazine article
    LUL
    It is still a source.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

I think Golden's words should be given a bit more context. I think she explains it better in her interview

I linked straight to the part where she talks about Jaina/Sylvanas, but it's worth listening to the whole interview if you haven't already.

Last edited by Triceron; 2019-08-14 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I wonder how she'll retroactively butcher Sylv and try to ascend Jaina to the best thing since Pizza.
    As i said above, theyll change the story to emphasize Jaina AND Sylvanas. Dont forget that while Jaina is Goldens insert, Sylvanas is Danusers waifu. Theyll lay the groundwork for making her Kerrigan here. Plus i expect Nathanos Bitchcaller, danusers self insert, to appear.
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-08-14 at 06:08 PM.

These are miles better than the rubbish we have so far. I'm hoping some of the absolute wizards at Hive will fix the reforged ones eventually, or I might have to learn how to model beyond making small edits. As if my map project backlog wasn't enormous enough. Gah.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just had a horrifying of all horrifying thoughts
    Us logging into WC3R for the first time...
    Only to have Christie Golden's face appear on screen, thanking us for purchasing and downloading the Official WC3 Bastardized Edition of WC3R.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaand my thought was so horrifying everyone is afraid to post here again

I just had a horrifying of all horrifying thoughts
    Us logging into WC3R for the first time...
    Only to have Christie Golden's face appear on screen, thanking us for purchasing and downloading the Official WC3 Bastardized Edition of WC3R.
    Playing it will cleanse us of our toxic masculinity.

Edit: Shit, now my post is behind urs and will look like it was a toxic male response, to prove im manly enough and not afraid to post after ur horrifying thought.
    Last edited by Houle; 2019-08-14 at 06:20 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Playing it will cleanse us of our toxic masculinity.

Edit: Shit, now my post is behind urs and will look like it was a toxic male response, to prove im manly enough and not afraid to post after ur horrifying thought.
    Meh I'll let it slide

Meh I'll let it slide
    Oh thank god/jaina

5+ Year Old Account
    can someone see if someone made a WC3R megathread in the video games forum, and if they did, can mods get it merged into this thread?
    @MoanaLisa will you be playing Wc3R at all?

- - - Updated - - -

What I want to see is if they make campaign DLC such as the Argussian Civil War, the War of Ancients, etc.

10+ Year Old Account

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachm..._2-png.272224/

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/attachm...p1-png.261546/
    I recall seeing some WoW-quality models on Hive. Never had the chance to use them myself though, as I don't have enough knowledge in developing triggers and crap like that, or have the imagination to do something good.

I feel like Reforged could be huge for the map developing community if it doesn't impose any limits on the world editor or in model editing. I am more hyped for that than for the regular game itself. I can't wait to see what the skilled map makers will do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    I recall seeing some WoW-quality models on Hive. Never had the chance to use them myself though, as I don't have enough knowledge in developing triggers and crap like that, or have the imagination to do something good.

I feel like Reforged could be huge for the map developing community if it doesn't impose any limits on the world editor or in model editing. I am more hyped for that than for the regular game itself. I can't wait to see what the skilled map makers will do with this.
    Dota 3 or at least Dota 1 Reforged incoming

5+ Year Old Account
    Dota 3 or at least Dota 1 Reforged incoming
    Court dates over Dota incoming

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if specific terrain features such as arches, buttes, castles, benches, and caves are now possible with the new terrain system? that'd be amazing.

- - - Updated - - -

So, when we get a forum for this I guess you can say...

This entire thread must be purged.

Edit: stop editing my fucking memes mods
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-08-15 at 01:24 PM.