View Poll Results: Do you hate the graphics of reforged?

Voters
507. This poll is closed
  • Love it!

199 39.25%
  • Hate it!

308 60.75%
Page 9 of 209 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    ...Huh, since when do wc3 nelves have dark rangers? (Neutral tavern hero obviously not counting)
    I'm wondering if this is a hint towards 9.0.
    @Fahrad Wagner what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by plz delete account; 2019-08-05 at 04:57 PM.

Could just be a PH.

In the original Shandris uses the Ranger model also. So that might just be her model.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Could just be a PH.

In the original Shandris uses the Ranger model also. So that might just be her model.
    The blizzard mod clearly stated it was a dark ranger, not shandris or another character / unit

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Could just be a PH.

Reread page 4 if you are on 40 posts per page.

7+ Year Old Account
    Eh, why did they go this very 'dark blue-sort of purple' color for the Alliance?

Wouldn't Royal or Navy blue be more fitting?
    Last edited by Raetary; 2019-08-05 at 05:13 PM.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    The blizzard mod clearly stated it was a dark ranger, not shandris or another character / unit
    So just playing along with this for moment.

We are expected to believe they just randomly made the Dark Ranger a Night Elf hero unit? Assuming then that they also replaced 1 of the original 4 heroes. Even though it makes no sense in the context of the story of RoC or TFT?

They were the same model.

Shandris in Warcraft 3 was just a reskinned Dark Ranger. So that's what this could be, and it would explain why he thought it was the dark ranger.

So just playing along with this for moment.

We are expected to believe they just randomly made the Dark Ranger a Night Elf hero unit? Assuming then that they also replaced 1 of the original 4 heroes. Even though it makes no sense in the context of the story of RoC or TFT?
    I i wrote in a previous post, it could be a secret easter egg about 9.0

It could be hinting a possible dark ranger hero class for example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    They were the same model.

Shandris in Warcraft 3 was just a reskinned Dark Ranger. So that's what this could be, and it would explain why he thought it was the dark ranger.
    Still, the mod said Dark Ranger, not Shandris or Night Elf Ranger or a night elf hero unit

With Illidan, Tyrande, Malfurion and Maiev, and so many other Night Elf units, why did they choose a Dark Ranger above all else to represent the race?
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2019-08-05 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    I'm wondering if this is a hint towards 9.0.
    @Fahrad Wagner what are your thoughts?
    I'm all for easter egg sort of hints, but I feel like the promotional image first introducing a faction for a "new" game is really not the right place to do it. It's just asking for outrage from the less easily pleased part of the fanbase.

Unless reforged launches with a new bonus campaign introducing this new dark ranger nelf hero to tie in with 9.0... I could kinda see that happening. People will cry with 2 elf only edgy hero classes in a row though.

I'm all for easter egg sort of hints, but I feel like the promotional image first introducing a faction for a "new" game is really not the right place to do it. It's just asking for outrage from the less easily pleased part of the fanbase.

Unless reforged launches with a new bonus campaign introducing this new dark ranger nelf hero to tie in with 9.0... I could kinda see that happening. People will cry with 2 elf only edgy hero classes in a row though.
    Well, they rapidly removed the image from the warcraft 3 reforged website, which makes it even more suspicious

5+ Year Old Account

1. It was quickly removed.
    2. Dark Ranger would potentially see up to five races: Human, Undead, and then two to three elves (NE/VE A, BE H)

I i wrote in a previous post, it could be a secret easter egg about 9.0

Still, the mod said Dark Ranger, not Shandris or Night Elf Ranger or a night elf hero unit

With Illidan, Tyrande, Malfurion and Maiev, and so many other Night Elf units, why did they choose a Dark Ranger above all else to represent the race?
    I'm assuming he was mistaken. He looked at it and because they share the same model he thought it was the dark ranger when it was in fact Shandris.

Why they chose it? They didn't. They chose Shandris.

This is the only way it makes sense.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming he was mistaken. He looked at it and because they share the same model he thought it was the dark ranger instead of Shandris.

Shandris doesn't have things like glowing undead eyes.

I'm assuming he was mistaken. He looked at it and because they share the same model he thought it was the dark ranger instead of Shandris.

As i said... it could be an easter egg about Dark Ranger hero class.
    If it was all ok, why did they suddenly remove it? The fact that they changed that in the website and not anything else is somewhat suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Shandris doesn't have things like glowing undead eyes.
    They haven't yet changed the particle effects.

As i said... it could be an easter egg about Dark Ranger hero class.
    If it was all ok, why did they suddenly remove it? The fact that they changed it, and not anything else is somewhat suspicious.
    Not a chance.

Maybe they realized it was confusing. Maybe they still mistakenly think it was a dark ranger.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2019-08-05 at 06:32 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Also, you guys should take a look at this thread.
    Hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

They haven't yet changed the particle effects.
    It's not Shandris. They'd have to recolor the armor as well.
    Literally everything screams NE DR, and you're over in the corner yelling
    "if it looks like a NE its Shandrrrrr!" when everything we have (Including Blizzard MODS) says its a Dark Ranger.

They're the same bloody model. Don't you think that's just a little coincidental?

You're trying to tell me they deliberately chose a Dark Ranger to represent the Night Elves for Warcraft 3? A unit that does not exist in that game. A unit that just happens to use the same model as an existing NE character?

5+ Year Old Account
    They're the same bloody model. Don't you think that's just a little coincidental?
    Thats literally saying Sylvanas = Shandris because they use the same model.

Personally, I'd be really disappointed if Shandris still used a reskin of another unit, just because she did in wc3.

those models looks fantastic