Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
... LastLast
  1. #61
    This is the one millionth time this topic has been made.

    - BM always starts off strong because of last expansions "fixes".
    - People just whine whine whine whine whine about BM being good.
    - Blizzard then nerfs BM
    - Then when ilvls go up BM starts falling behind because Hunters (usually BM) don't scale well at all. This is death and taxes.
    - Blizzard then proceeds to turn dials slightly offering "buffs" to keep Hunters (usually BM) afloat.
    - New expansion rolls and cycle repeats.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigglix View Post
    yes bro, BM is so shit that the top guild had one of them on their first world kill race.

    The nerve.... maybe someone should show and teach them to look at the warcraft logs, so they dont make those mistakes anymore.
    Which is what confuses me the most..

    These mythic guilds care enough to faction/race change the entire guild for minor stat increases.. Yet they allow their members to play sub-par speccs.

    It just dosen't make sense to me, If that guy was MM instead of BM, it would probably be a bigger dps increase than to race change to troll.

  3. #63
    BM should be bottom of the dps charts to compensate for the freedom and mobility the spec has. It's very easy to have near 100 % uptime on all bosses without even thinking. If BM hunters were to get better they would need some cast time abilities and actual resource management to compensate. At the current state a gold fish could play BM and therefore the maximum potential of the spec should be very low.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-02-12 at 09:36 PM.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    This is the one millionth time this topic has been made.

    - BM always starts off strong because of last expansions "fixes".
    - People just whine whine whine whine whine about BM being good.
    - Blizzard then nerfs BM
    - Then when ilvls go up BM starts falling behind because Hunters (usually BM) don't scale well at all. This is death and taxes.
    - Blizzard then proceeds to turn dials slightly offering "buffs" to keep Hunters (usually BM) afloat.
    - New expansion rolls and cycle repeats.
    Sounds about right.

    Everyone was whining when BM was top tier at the beginning of Uldir. How dare a spec with mobility have good dps? Must be nerfed.

  5. #65
    Honestly, if ANY spec deserves to be last place it's BM, given its utility and mobility and general ease of play.

  6. #66
    The Lightbringer Niwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginji View Post
    yeah they really fuked the hunter specs this expansion
    when i think about MoP survival spec... maybe one of best specs ever in game... and look at hunter now.... YES, they really fucked it up

  7. #67
    I think most people can be ok with BM being last place. Just not by this much....

  8. #68
    I’ve never agreed with the 100% mobility means low damage output reasoning. So few fights actually have anything that requires 100% mobility + uptime to make any lasting impression. Yes, there are a few here and there, but overall even the fights with high movement still has specs that are “punished” way ahead of a spec with full mobility.
    I’m not stating BM needs to be god tier dps, but when the thing that people say is why the damage is low is such a non factor it actually feels unjustly punished. 100% mobility only ever really shines in PvP and even there it’s offset with the fact that other classes get big stuns/roots for big damage casts where BM is still getting hit.
    All in all, a slight boost to damage would be nice...and maybe not as big of a nerf we always get hit with in PvP that other specs still dominate with no nerfs.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Which is what confuses me the most..

    These mythic guilds care enough to faction/race change the entire guild for minor stat increases.. Yet they allow their members to play sub-par speccs.

    It just dosen't make sense to me, If that guy was MM instead of BM, it would probably be a bigger dps increase than to race change to troll.
    I thought this was already mentioned in here, but that guy just had better azerite traits for BM, and said he would have been MM otherwise.

  10. #70
    Are you in the 90th percentile? Do you run a perfect encounter exactly the same every time? Are you a bot that does a perfect rotation?

    No. Then no.

    DPS is only one aspect of any encounter.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    DPS is only one aspect of any encounter.
    Expect this to fall on deaf ears.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    Are you in the 90th percentile? Do you run a perfect encounter exactly the same every time? Are you a bot that does a perfect rotation?

    No. Then no.

    DPS is only one aspect of any encounter.
    When a spec is parsing grey logs and doing more damage then you with a 99% log on progression. You are better off playing the other spec. Most mythic guilds have capable players who can push the DPS on anything they play so if you are not being brought for DPS as DPS what then? Besides bloodlust there is 0 reason for a hunter to raid and that is already been given to that restoshaman or mage you have both with cooldowns/buffs you want o. Progression. So enlighten me what the other aspects are

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    BM should be bottom of the dps charts to compensate for the freedom and mobility the spec has. It's very easy to have near 100 % uptime on all bosses without even thinking. If BM hunters were to get better they would need some cast time abilities and actual resource management to compensate. At the current state a gold fish could play BM and therefore the maximum potential of the spec should be very low.
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Honestly, if ANY spec deserves to be last place it's BM, given its utility and mobility and general ease of play.
    Other classes can do much more DPS and don't even have that 100% mobility BM has. Imagine how much DPS they could have done with BM mobility?

    So being mobile should not be at cost of any DPS loss. This is just stupid blizzard's retarded decision that should be re-thinked. They should go back to MoP class design, where all casters had theirs filler spells castable in the move. That was cool and fun. Being rooted turret isn't fun. That's main reason I hate current MM.

    Also what utility BM brings that other classes can't? There's none...
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2019-02-13 at 01:32 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Other classes can do much more DPS and don't even have that 100% mobility BM has. Imagine how much DPS they could have done with BM mobility?

    So being mobile should not be at cost of any DPS loss. This is just stupid blizzard's retarded decision that should be re-thinked. They should go back to MoP class design, where all casters had theirs filler spells castable in the move. That was cool and fun. Being rooted turret isn't fun. That's main reason I hate current MM.

    Also what utility BM brings that other classes can't? There's none...
    Other classes have a higher max potential because they are more punishing. So if you play optimally they will do more damage than BM. But most people dont play optimally and they will be much less punished by mistakes if they play BM. BM should do the least maximum potential damage because it is the most forgiving spec in the game.

  15. #75
    The Insane FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    17,749
    Quote Originally Posted by big-john View Post
    I have been looking at the recent logs on HC and it looks like BM is down the sewer. It's a bottom trash spec while MM is pulling way ahead, it's not even close.

    Is MM the best spec now?? BM looks useless.

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...e=7&dataset=90

    1. those are abit innacurate
    2. the difference that stuff makes is minimal
    3. hunters may have lower dps, but they have both the utility of being ranged, plus no cast time, making them one of the strongest classes in the game utility wise, able to proc ranged mechanics without having to give up dps, like krawgwa.

    also bm is prety easy to get the max out of unline others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Azerite is absolutely RNG you are right. You have no idea what traits will be on that piece you got from a random source until you roll it. I've literally had a Warfront piece that had the "opposite faction" passive and no passive/proc for my spec but it did for the other 2.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Other classes can do much more DPS and don't even have that 100% mobility BM has. Imagine how much DPS they could have done with BM mobility?

    So being mobile should not be at cost of any DPS loss. This is just stupid blizzard's retarded decision that should be re-thinked. They should go back to MoP class design, where all casters had theirs filler spells castable in the move. That was cool and fun. Being rooted turret isn't fun. That's main reason I hate current MM.

    Also what utility BM brings that other classes can't? There's none...
    So your argument is "BM mobility isn't so great, every class should have the same mobility".

    BM is the easiest DPS spec in the game, bar none. It deserves to be in the lowest ranks on the list.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    BM is the easiest DPS spec in the game, bar none. It deserves to be in the lowest ranks on the list.
    Except it's not easiest spec. You have to maintain stacks and shit in order to do DPS. BFA BM probably hardest incarnation of BM ever been. It doesn't deserve to be lowest. Pure DPS should never be lowest. Hybrid classes should be lowest if anything.

    Back in MoP and WoD SV was fully mobile and was top/middle on many encounters and in dungeons. BM was fully mobile in MoP and did great DPS. MM was fully mobile in WoD and did great DPS.

    Why didn't we pay "mobile tax" back then and it suddenly so needed now?
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2019-02-13 at 04:38 PM.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Except it's not easiest spec. You have to maintain stacks and shit in order to do DPS. BFA BM probably hardest incarnation of BM ever been. It doesn't deserve to be lowest. Pure DPS should never be lowest. Hybrid classes should be lowest if anything.

    Back in MoP and WoD SV was fully mobile and was top/middle on many encounters and in dungeons. BM was fully mobile in MoP and did great DPS. MM was fully mobile in WoD and did great DPS.

    Why didn't we pay "mobile tax" back then and it suddenly so needed now?
    It has to manage one single stack. It's literally the easiest spec in the game, just because it's been even more mindless before doesn't mean it's suddenly hard.

    I never said specs are always where they should be, but if any spec DESERVES to be lowest, it'd be the easiest spec in the game. Easiest in PvE, easiest in PvP. Good utility, full mobility while DPSing.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I never said specs are always where they should be, but if any spec DESERVES to be lowest, it'd be the easiest spec in the game. Easiest in PvE, easiest in PvP. Good utility, full mobility while DPSing.
    More like useless in PvE, useless in PvP, zero utility that other classes can't bring and even full mobility doesn't help at all.
    Last edited by TOM_RUS; 2019-02-13 at 05:09 PM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    More like useless in PvE, useless in PvP, zero utility that other classes can't bring and even full mobility doesn't help at all.
    Again, if any spec deserves to be on the bottom (I'm not sure you understand, but some spec has to be) it's the easiest spec: BM. It's the introductory spec that children can play to learn the game. It won't stay this way, but it deserves its spot.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •