Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Curiosity about most expensive mount (or item) for people

Hi, this is just a curiosity about record expensive items ofc, no particular purpose, I was wondering, what was the most expensive item you ever bought in game and for how much was it?

Whether you got it in US or EU servers is also important, as prices vary a lot based on that, and also when, this has a big impact on tcg items.

For me it would be the swift spectral tiger, I play on EU, where tcg items are more expensive in general and since I got all tcg mounts except that during wod, it ended up costing almost double than all my other tcg mounts put together, the equivalent of around 26 mill, considering the trade was a magic rooster, which at the time, early bfa, was around 15 mil in eu + a gold cap + 1 mil in tokens for the seller's transfer.

For me no other item even comes close, I haven't even bought the AH mount yet, so my 2nd most expensive would be the spectral in wod for 2,3 mil followed by the spider for 2 mil ofc.

I'd assume some people got swift for even 30 mil in EU, but anyone could've got it for more?

I'd also expect the big blizzard bear to be around that in recent times, not sure if anyone ever bought a boost-mount early on, like archimonde etc., for prices over cap, or perhaps someone who got the blue murloc egg pet, or tyrael's hilt, from blizzcon 2005 in recent times could maybe have gone a lot higher.

Curious to hear about your most expensive items!

250k for a trinket is the most expensive item I bought (I have total of 96k gold now tho)
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    100k for the jeweled panther Mount or whatever it is. I'm too cheap to buy anything.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

Like 180k for the Nazmir mount because it wouldn't drop for me. The yak would be second.

Most expensive I've bought would be 8 million gold for the Shackled Ur'zul mount. Also the 5 million gold AH mount. If adjusted for inflation and rarity though, it would probably be one of the rarer TCG mounts like either spectral or the blue rocket / shorestrider.

Most expensive I've sold is a swift shorestrider TCG mount for 5 million gold. These were all on US oceanic servers.
    Last edited by Farath; 2019-02-08 at 09:50 AM.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Without a doubt the spider during early legion. I'd acquired a considerable amount of gold in WoD from garrison missions, but Legion had nowhere near the gold making potential from the class order halls initially (it did come later though). I did also buy a rhino TCG mount for ~730k during WoD and the Garrosh mythic mount for ~450k from the BMAH. I imagine the rhino sells at a considerably higher price these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Invincible from the BMAH for about 640k back in MoP.

326k on a mysterious box of BMAH , inside there was a 30k battered hilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reforge mount during MoP. I thought I was crazy for spending that amount of gold, but figured it was worth it for all of the alts I played and for helping raiders if they got new drops during a raid night.

Now I spent that amount of gold every month on a token without thinking twice. If tokens weren't a thing then I'd have bought the auction house mount for sure.

That I can recall, Swift Spectral Tiger for 420k, back in Cataclysm I think.

Probably either fast flying for 5k or some BFA gems or enchants for a bit more than that maybe. Certainly never spent 10k on any one thing.

I've spent 1.6mil for the Sha mount via BMAH, i know i got it for cheap, thats why i was bidding (few weeks later Asmongold paid 9.9mil gold cap)
    Next was about 1mil worth of gold buying tokens for RL currency to pay for Virtual ticket 2yrs ago and Warcraft3 remaster.

Not much gold compared to others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warframe, yak and a huge selection of tcg items.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I guess probably my long boi, 5 mil

Although the 400k for my swift speccy tiger in Cata felt like more at the time

I paid 70k for Epic Swift Spectral back in Wotlk and 40k for the Chicken mount in Wotlk. To me at the time that was a tonne of money but also looking back such a steal at the same time.
    I own all the TCG mounts apart from non epic spectral and all were bought ingame via gold.

Most expensive is 2million gold for the spider and im working on saving 5 million gold for longboi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yak.

I'm cheap and don't really buy non-functional mounts. I also don't care enough about getting a mobile AH to buy the dino. My toddler son disagrees as he loves dinosaurs, but when he makes his own 5mil he can buy it. :P
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

I think i brought a couple of 100k-200k boxes off the black market auction house otherwise i can't really think of big ticket items, i have most of my collection from farming ZG tiger/panther/raptorx2 za bear x2, black proto plauged proto, all world boss mounts etc.

By time i thought about checking the boxes i had far too many mounts and i got a dupe riding turtle :'(

I imagine at some stage i will have enough saved for the spider or the auction house mount, but neither call to me once i run out of mounts to farm i might farm gold and buy the TGC/gold ones.. but i came far too late if i had played during WOD
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

2Mil. for my Bloodfanged Widow, still the best mount ever!

5 mil for the long boi. Don't regret it!

What i DO regret, is not buying TCG mounts during the dupe period of WoD. I really do want that chicken!!

bought a wf mythic staff from bmah the week be4 highmaul release. payd the goldcap for it. 1mil
    totally worth thou
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.