Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she's got a big life insurance policy and no kids, i say why not.

Everyone is dying.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'm an elf, so I don't date mortal men.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Wouldn't have expected so many self-styled progressives to have such a caveman approach to issues such as HIV+ people, especially not in an era where mixed negative/positive couples have all the means to remain such.
    They should have all the rights I do. That does not mean I want them to f me.

On life and death issues, I take no risks. Absolutely zero.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Wouldn't have expected so many self-styled progressives to have such a caveman approach to issues such as HIV+ people, especially not in an era where mixed negative/positive couples have all the means to remain such.
    That's a complete non-sequitur.

Replace progressive with conservative, and its equally meaningless.

Nope, not interested in that burden.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I ain't fucking around with that lol. Shes had it for years. Not something'm trying to get in contact with lol
    Somehow I have doubts that she reciprocated your feelings, anyways.

to be honest, no. i wouldn't want to get attached or be stuck dealing with things after their death.

edit: to me it's different if the relationship lasts 50 years vs 5. the amount of life spent in the 50 year relationship would almost lead to some closure, a feeling like the other person lived their life and i would be satisfied knowing that. being with someone that dies after 5 years would be one of those "they went too soon" scenarios. and those scenarios suck ass.
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2019-02-18 at 11:25 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    They should have all the rights I do. That does not mean I want them to f me.

On life and death issues, I take no risks. Absolutely zero.
    Absolutely zero describes the risk in having safe sex with a HIV+ person under HAART whilst on PrEP. I mean, absolutely zero doesn't actually exist, but crossing a road is more dangerous by several orders of magnitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    That's a complete non-sequitur.

Replace progressive with conservative, and its equally meaningless.
    Really? Because I was under the impression that conservatives never claimed to care much for HIV+ people, whereas leftists always made it a staple in their battle against discrimination. I'm not saying this with contempt, the leftists are right for once in their stance, but still, these are the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Can you quote them?
    I'd rather not, multi-quoting is tricky enough with touchscreens, and given your high activity on this board I expect you to be able to identify even more of them. Calvin & Hobbes guy, bears guy, anime avatar guy, probably others whose avatars I don't remember. Very likely actually, given how most people on these forums are left-wing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    He just told you he didn't fail sex ed.

One word: abstinence.
    One word. Virgin

Okay I'll forgive your lack of incentive.

I guess I have to assume from your general description. But some of them dont surprise me especially bear guy. Wait am I anime avatar guy?

I dunno I was lucky to avoid getting HIV as a kid due to bayer knowingly selling contaminated blood products.

Plenty of "leftists" have bad attitudes towards HIV though "rightists" and "centrists" have a lot worse attitudes in my experience.

This forum is not at all left leaning it is more centrist if anything.
    That's what I was also pointing out. And no, you hadn't posted yet and you'd probably be "danganronpa avatar guy" if we didn't already squabble enough for me to remember your (admittedly easy to remember) handle. Plus from what you posted you're not one of those I was criticizing.
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

No !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Crusp View Post
    As the title says, would you?

What if they had an STI/STD?
    What if you were already dating them, and then they started dying? Would you stick by them? Doesn't necessarily have to be from an STI/STD.
    What if they were dying, but you caused it? Say, for example, like in a viral situation, and they caught what you had because you spread it to them. Also doesn't necessarily have to be an STI/STD.

don't they teach this shit - that people are dying - in school?
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    We're all dying... Some slower than others. Until medical science changes this fact.
    Getting closer there they increase the life of a mice by 30% and they had a added bonus of looking 30% younger as well ext vs a mice that didnt get the treatment.

yep considering anyone could die at any moment really.... at least in these cases you would know?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

TBH dating someone whos dying and making their last months/weeks a wonderful time really sounds pretty amazing to me.

But I would not enter such a relationship simply because I don't have enough experience with people close to me dying to be properly aware of and prepared for the physical and emotional burdens that would place on me, which would mean making it a great experience for them wouldn't remotely be a sure thing.

I don't think i would have a huge problem with a contagious disease, assuming its curable if caught early if i end up getting it. I think i would have more issues with wasting diseases or diseases that result in overly painful or ugly deaths.

Relationship? No. Befriend? Sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Getting closer there they increase the life of a mice by 30% and they had a added bonus of looking 30% younger as well ext vs a mice that didnt get the treatment.
    Actually they have done a lot more than that with mice. They have doubled their life expectancy and healthy life span by simply using calorie restriction. Of course this is mice and does not translate the same way in humans but there are some indications that constantly eating a tiny bit less (95-98% if I remember right) than you need is good for you. Supposedly it stops the cells from dividing and gets them into repair mode instead. ...and again, IF I remember right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Girighet View Post
    Why would anyone take medication to prevent hiv just to have sex? There's side effects to them. Not worth the trouble at all.
    I know a few people who take Prep and side effects are supposedly very rare. If you do not want to take it no one is going to force you but if you check statistics you will see that it is very much worth the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Actually they have done a lot more than that with mice. They have doubled their life expectancy and healthy life span by simply using calorie restriction. Of course this is mice and does not translate the same way in humans but there are some indications that constantly eating a tiny bit less (95-98% if I remember right) than you need is good for you. Supposedly it stops the cells from dividing and gets them into repair mode instead. ...and again, IF I remember right.

- - - Updated - - -

I know a few people who take Prep and side effects are supposedly very rare. If you do not want to take it no one is going to force you but if you check statistics you will see that it is very much worth the trouble.
    If thats true thats pretty amazeing already they said going to take about 10 years before human trials happen start to see if it works with us.

Growing up I had a lot of people think I was HIV positive. And plenty of people still do, at least when they are old enough to know what happend.

Please don't flatter me.

But in terms if left and right politics the left tends to be less shitty about people being HIV positive.
    In theory that is. In practice, I've seen HIV+ awareness day promoters treat actual HIV+ people as if they had Ebola, and the level of irrationality in this thread proves it's widespread behavior. How did I flatter you? I merely said you avatar and handle are easy to remember because they reference stuff I like, no flattery intended, I assure you.