Poll: Do you Support Assault Weapons Ban?

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Promoting weapons is all over this topic, and a lot of minors are on MMO-C. So yes this topic promotes weapons to minors, and gives minors the idea that owning/using a weapon is "normal", which it isn't in the majority of the countries around the globe!

It is rely questionable that MMO-C keeps this topic open. It should be on a NRA forum behind a 18+ wall at least! I don't want my children to come here.
    Owning and using Guns and Knives is Normal for us Minnesotans. I got my Firearm Safety Endorsement when I was 12, but had a BB gun and Wrist rocket way before that. I learned at a very young age 4-5 years old how to properly respect and handle a firearm, Started hunting vermin around 8 or so and started Deer hunting when I was 12 and could legally obtain a license. I am now 31 and still hunt to this day. I bought my 4 year old Son a BB gun for Christmas this year and taught him the same lessons and respect for Firearms that I have learned my whole life, I cannot wait until the snow melts off and we can go Pigeon hunting this spring together. So maybe where you are its not normal, but in Rural MN it is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    This dude probably cuts his food with safety scissors Haha.

Imagine being this afraid of a tool
    I'm much more impressed he honestly tried to equate a discussion of legal gun ownership with fucking child soldiers. Because those two things are clearly in the same league.

I mean for fuck's sake. WoW has Hunters, which use guns. CLEARLY INDOCTRINATING THE YOUTH. Paw Patrol has a dog who is a cop, and cops carry guns. DAMN YOU NRA! Water guns exist WHY WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-02-14 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper0329 View Post
    I'm much more impressed he honestly tried to equate a discussion of legal gun ownership with fucking child soldiers. Because those two things are clearly in the same league.

I mean for fuck's sake. WoW has Hunters, which use guns. CLEARLY INDOCTRINATING THE YOUTH. Paw Patrol has a dog who is a cop, and cops carry guns. DAMN YOU NRA! Water guns exist WHY WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN.
    Lol people are funny. I like to think he dislikes the fact that there are people who enjoy guns and so hes being overly dramatic in some weird attempt to get the thread closed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Lol people are funny. I like to think he dislikes the fact that there are people who enjoy guns and so hes being overly dramatic in some weird attempt to get the thread closed.
    lol Well I laughed, that's for sure.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Not really so much about gun control, but is anyone else here bothered by open carry? I don't mind concealed carry, as it's out of sight and out of mind, but when I see Joe Schmoe or Nancy Drew walking around with a big piece on their hip in clear sight, it makes me nervous as hell (Police Officers and the like having guns doesn't bother me at all, as I know they have at least basic training).

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Not really so much about gun control, but is anyone else here bothered by open carry? I don't mind concealed carry, as it's out of sight and out of mind, but when I see Joe Schmoe or Nancy Drew walking around with a big piece on their hip in clear sight, it makes me nervous as hell (Police Officers and the like having guns doesn't bother me at all, as I know they have at least basic training).
    It doesn't bother me but open carry for hand guns always baffled me. It simply seems foolish to advertise that you are armed. Surprise is a powerful weapon in it's own right. A weapon shouldn't be a fashion statement.

If it's on their hip, naw doesnt bother me. If its drawn, hell ya I'd be nervous. Depending on where u live, just assume at least 1 person around is packing if you are in public. I guess out of sight out of mind plays a large factor for u.

5+ Year Old Account
    When I was younger (pre-teens), somewhat, and even still it was less "I'm uncomfortable" and more novel curiosity. Now, not so much...generally give it a scan to see if I can identify the model of weapon in the holster (which is pure curiosity, mind you...I've gotten into a few pleasant conversations that started with "Nice Glock" or the like) and give the holder a once over and that's that. Though, I live in North Carolina, so it's hardly uncommon to see around here.

If anything involving guns makes me outright uncomfortable these days, it's usually doing business on Armslist (which is in a weird position for me of inherent distrust yet high utility) or the occasional dingus at the gun store who flags six people while checking out things at the sales counter.

No one likes that guy.

Don't be that guy.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-02-14 at 04:52 PM.

I honestly prefer open carry so i can easily look around and see who is carrying vs wondering.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by John Does View Post
    It doesn't bother me but open carry for hand guns always baffled me. It simply seems foolish to advertise that you are armed. Surprise is a powerful weapon in it's own right. A weapon shouldn't be a fashion statement.
    I've always figured that people who open carry either don't have the license to concealed carry (necessary in my state, but not in every state) or that concealed carry is uncomfortable for them. For instance, my Beretta 92fs is, by far, my favorite pistol (probably my favorite gun, honestly). I've done a good bit of work getting that thing to run like a champ, and that's still an ongoing process. But, it's also an absolute brick shithouse; I'd never try to conceal it. Fortunately, I've other options for concealed carry, so that means I can safely relegate the 92 to nightstand and range duty without much worry. If other people don't have the money (or the inclination to invest in more than one pistol), open carry may be the best option.

I've also noticed some...eh..."larger framed" people tend to prefer open carry. I think once the girth reaches a certain point, concealed carry is uncomfortable and impractical, as you're just going to print anyway.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-02-14 at 05:00 PM.

I've always figured that people who open carry either don't have the license to concealed carry (necessary in my state, but not in every state) or that concealed carry is uncomfortable for them. For instance, my Beretta 92fs is, by far, my favorite pistol (probably my favorite gun, honestly). I've done a good bit of work getting that thing to run like a champ, and that's still an ongoing process. But, it's also an absolute brick shithouse; I'd never try to conceal it. Fortunately, I've other options for concealed carry, so that means I can safely relegate the 92 to nightstand and range duty without much worry. If other people don't have the money (or the inclination to invest in more than one pistol), open carry may be the best option.

I've also noticed some...eh..."larger framed" people tend to prefer open carry. I think once the girth reaches a certain point, IWB carry is uncomfortable and OWB carry is impractical, as you're just going to print anyway.
    I suppose that makes sense. I never had a comfort issue myself so it didn't come to mind. I just assumed they wanted to show off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by John Does View Post
    I suppose that makes sense. I never had a comfort issue myself so it didn't come to mind. I just assumed they wanted to show off.
    I've no doubt there are some people who fall into that category, mind you. I just figure that those that open carry do so for a more rational basis are in the majority, whereas those that want to show off their Glocks* for "look at me!" sakes are low.

*In my experience, it's always the Glock guys who open carry. By brand sales volume, that makes sense, but damn; it's like unspoken code.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for people open carrying. It gives the bad guy an obvious target that isn't me.

- - - Updated - - -

I've no doubt there are some people who fall into that category, mind you. I just figure that those that open carry do so for a more rational basis are in the majority, whereas those that want to show off their Glocks* for "look at me!" sakes are low.

*In my experience, it's always the Glock guys who open carry. By brand sales volume, that makes sense, but damn; it's like unspoken code.
    When I lived in Colorado a lot of the NeoNazis (real ones with the SS tats and stuff...not the SJW definition) liked to open carry for some reason. They were obviously hunting for attention and looking to intimidate others.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    I'm all for people open carrying. It gives the bad guy an obvious target that isn't me.

- - - Updated - - -

When I lived in Colorado a lot of the NeoNazis (real ones with the SS tats and stuff...not the SJW definition) liked to open carry for some reason. They were obviously hunting for attention and looking to intimidate others.
    You'd think the SS runes and charming personality would be attention whoring and "intimidating" enough, but hey. For better or worse, "Are you a racist fuckwad" isn't on a Form 4473.

That's funny around here its almost always the chunky grandpa looking guy open carrying a full sized 1911 while wearing a USS "Whatever" veterans cap.

- - - Updated - - -

I've also noticed some...eh..."larger framed" people tend to prefer open carry. I think once the girth reaches a certain point, concealed carry is uncomfortable and impractical, as you're just going to print anyway.
    That's funny, 2 of my shooting buddies are big dudes and I always have to pick on them when we do drills. Keep telling them if they cut down on the weight they can save time on drills, I mean I don't have to add the extra step of lift the roll out the way to draw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasttey View Post
    That's funny around here its almost always the chunky grandpa looking guy open carrying a full sized 1911 while wearing a USS "Whatever" veterans cap.

- - - Updated - - -

That's funny, 2 of my shooting buddies are big dudes and I always have to pick on them when we do drills. Keep telling them if they cut down on the weight they can save time on drills, I mean I don't have to add the extra step of lift the roll out the way to draw.
    I've actually never encountered Grandpa and his 1911. Lol Couldn't fault him for carrying one if it's the platform he's most comfortable with and/or served with.

My city is built around the local Air Force base, and out of four gun shops in town (excluding some of the sketchy ones), two are certified Glock armorers. Couple that with the high qmou t of Blue Label eligible personnel and...Glocks. Glocks as far as the eye can see.

No, owning a weapon is not "normal".

I guess MMO-C is looking for new visitors:

snip

You are sick f*cks promoting weapons on a childrens forum.
    The "think of the children" card, along with insults and no explanation whatsoever about why owning a weapon wouldn't be "normal", implying that anything that strays for the norm is inhenerently evil... truly remarkable. Oh, and with a picture of child soldiers thrown in there as what, some sort of completely out of context pity token? Well done, well done indeed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Can't you read?

Your cultural desires are inferior to global issues.

I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:

Hope you sleep well.
    With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB
    With our keen understanding that this isn't a children's forum, at least partially evidenced by the freedom with which I can say "fuck", and the absolutely absurd mental gymnastics you're going through to equate private gun ownership with literal warzones, I'm sure we will.
    Last edited by Reaper0329; 2019-02-14 at 10:56 PM.

Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB
    Well given the picture linked I can only imagine someones gone to have there hard drive shredded to bury one hell of a twisted image search history.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Well given the picture linked I can only imagine someones gone to have there hard drive shredded to bury one hell of a twisted image search history.
    That's a photo from Syria and I don't understand its relevance to the topic at hand at all.... o_O
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.