10+ Year Old Account
    "From @gmfb on franchise tag deadline day: The #49ers struck a 4-year deal for K Robbie Gould, the #Texans and Jadeveon Clowney won't do a deal, while DT Grady Jarrett & the #Falcons have significant ground to close before reaching an agreement." - Rapoport

Will be interesting to see if Clowney and Jarrett end up signing their franchise tag or not, and if their teams will end up deciding to trade them or not.

- - - Updated - - -

"The #Falcons and star DT Grady Jarrett have reached a deal on a 4-year extension and beat the deadline for franchise tagged players to do deals, sources say. They expected it to go down to the wire and it did. But they got it done." - Rapoport

Nice for the Falcons, they would have been looking at a huge hole in the middle of their defense if they hadn't gotten this deal done.

Rumors circulating Zeke is going to hold out and not show up until a new contract is reached. With Dak wanting 30+ a year the Cowboys are going to have to get rid of one.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Rumors circulating Zeke is going to hold out and not show up until a new contract is reached. With Dak wanting 30+ a year the Cowboys are going to have to get rid of one.
    I'm going to guess it's not going to be the QB they lucked into... Good as he is, Zeke is replaceable. Finding a replacement for Dak, not that easy.

Cowboys could trade Dak and then trade for Derek Carr. Carr makes 18-19 million, much better than 30+ for Dak. Or they could trade for Marcus Mariota. Titans might trade Mariota since his cap hit just rose to $20 million. Maybe surround Mariota with the Cowboys weapons and you have something. Either way, they could do something to save $10-11 million.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah no. Dak's our QB unless we draft a new one. A new QB could very well throw off our dynamic, and its by far easier to replace a RB. Even a RB with 2/3's Zeke's production would work.

and would you really want Carr to work with Cooper again? That was a fantastic flameout last time lol. Dak and Cooper have great chemisty so far, and that's important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Cowboys could trade Dak and then trade for Derek Carr.
    It's taken us 15 years to find our quarterback. No chance in hell are we going to give him up.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account

And with that news, I have cancelled my Gamepass Subscription. Guys like Tyreek Hill do not belong in the league, regardless of if he was directly responsible for his son being placed out of his care or not.

I hope the NFL wakes up, but I fear they won't. They won't be getting my money anymore at least. Fuck 'm.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So as it turns out, yes, the Chiefs and the NFL intentionally slowballed this investigation hoping the news cycle would move on and they could trod Hill out there Week 1 because he's a star.

Meanwhile Zeke got how many games last year for a far less crime, and Josh Gordon is still suspended for marijuana addiction.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post

And with that news, I have cancelled my Gamepass Subscription. Guys like Tyreek Hill do not belong in the league, regardless of if he was directly responsible for his son being placed out of his care or not.

I hope the NFL wakes up, but I fear they won't. They won't be getting my money anymore at least. Fuck 'm.
    The NFL's disciplinary policy is a joke. Zeke should have been suspended (not even remotely as bad as this, but still warranted just for him being a dumb ass and getting in a security guard's face) and now we have Hill walking away clean when it involves the endangerment of a child. What. A. Joke.

Not to go on a tangent, but this is just another reason I enjoy the NBA more and more. Adam Silver doesn't tolerate shit like this and, frankly, handles everything better than Goodell does. If the NFL actually had any morals, they'd throw mountains of money at Silver to get him to come over. He's such a better leader than anything the NFL has (commissioner or otherwise).

10+ Year Old Account
    Goodell is a clown, universally loathed, and every disciplinary decision he makes is wrong.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the theory going around is that this is Goodell trying to fix a mistake because of Zeke and Brady not deserving the suspensions they got and the backlash from those.

Which, fine lthough the very fact hill threatened on the tape is enough to get a suspension for violating good conduct sections. If they then do another whip around and suspend a future dude with even less evidence in the future, I'd hope that would be enough to get Goodell handed his ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I think the theory going around is that this is Goodell trying to fix a mistake because of Zeke and Brady not deserving the suspensions they got and the backlash from those.
    You don't fix a mistake by making more mistakes.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone said that it feels like they just spin a Wheel of Punishments, and it really seems like it. DA suggests no punishment for Zeke, suspend him. Tyreek Hill clearly fucked up, no punishment.

Which, fine lthough the very fact hill threatened on the tape is enough to get a suspension for violating good conduct sections. If they then do another whip around and suspend a future dude with even less evidence in the future, I'd hope that would be enough to get Goodell handed his ass.
    Not to take away from the topic at hand, but Elliot 100% deserved his suspension. It isn't fundamentally different than what is happening here. DA decides not to press charges despite some seriously shady behaviors and evidence. Frankly, I'm of the opinion that professional athletes are in privileged positions and getting even remotely in the conversation of these accusations deserves discipline.

Brady---ehhh. Apples and oranges. Not even remotely similar or of the same serious nature.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean if he wanted to make it up for that, do it by getting rid of the marijuana suspensions.

Hill needed to be out of the League.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    oh I'm not justifying it. I believe Hill should be gone. Just syaing whats going around

Also, the NFL's own investigator said Zeke shouldn't have been suspended (there's more justification for suspending him over the security guard incident than his ex where evidence was found she was lying) so its pretty clear Goodell just wants to do whatever.

As someone on Twitter said on my timeline, I'm sure TMZ will find a video some time in October that the relevant parties had easy access to, proving the dude's a piece of shit, and then they'll mea culpa and pretend they did justice by believing him until they no longer possibly could.

If the NFL actually cared Hill would have never been in the league to begin with, but you know he is fast.

To make the NFL look even worse, they suspended Jarran Reed for 6 games for something he was accused of over 2 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grube View Post
    If the NFL actually cared Hill would have never been in the league to begin with, but you know he is fast.

To make the NFL look even worse, they suspended Jarran Reed for 6 games for something he was accused of over 2 years ago.
    Yet not arrested or charged for it.

So done with Goodell.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.