Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Metacritic for a mmo.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    If people like the game, then they like the game. You don't have to like it, but that's all there is to it. It's not being in denial, it's enjoying a high-quality product that isn't quite as good as previous years, but still plenty good.
    Exactly. Many of the aspects of the game I may have enjoyed in the past are no longer enjoyable, but the main draw, raiding with friends, is still very enjoyable. Until this is no longer fun, Blizzard will get my money. That is not to say other areas are not beyond reproach, and should be addressed. For me WoW is still an very entertaining product well worth the pittance it asks for.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Let's look at Metacritic scores:

TBC - 8.0 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    WotLK - 7.7 user score - generally favorable reviews - subs rise
    Cataclysm - 5.6 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    MoP - 5.0 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs stagnate
    WoD - 5.9 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs decline
    Legion - 7.3 user score - mixed or average reviews - subs rise
    BfA - 3.1 user score - generally unfavorable reviews - subs decline

You could make an argument that Legion does not fit the pattern since it had mixed or average reviews, but 7.3 is a lot closer to TBC's 8.0 and WotLK's 7.7 than any other expansion.

The fact is that these reviews are broadly representative of the state of the game. Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something. MoP had good gameplay but unappealing story / design direction so subs stagnated. Cataclysm, WoD and BfA were all badly received and coincided with a rapid drop in sub numbers. Legion was generally seen as a return to form for the game and although we didn't get exact sub numbers, it was pretty evident that they were on the rise just judging by increased activity across all endgame content.

All of these people can't be wrong.
    "Thousands of people can't be wrong about something"

Yes. Yes they can. Anti-vax, global warming, the holocaust, slavery etc. And for games - the people that say RDR2 is trash, GoW is trash, that "gaming is dying" when it's clearly fucking not, it's really just EA and Activision.

My guy, I dislike WoW in its current state, but what was the purpose of this post? To get more people on the bandwagon of hate for WoW? There's plenty. The people who hate the game are gone/are on MMO-C yelling about how bad it is. The people who like the game are still playing, still enjoying their time with their friends, and still enjoying what they pay for.

Also Metacritic? Really? That's what we've come to? Comparing subs to metacritic reviews?

Have you been on the internet the past, like, 6+ months? Literally every facebook post from WoW has 95% negative comments. Youtube is getting more and more filled with "wow is bad" and "why I quit wow" videos.

Where's the denial? If anything, there's an outburst of mad players who love a game and see it become something unfamiliar and bland.

The people rating BFA as if it were The Slaughtering Grounds are just as much in denial as those who think it's perfect. The first camp seems to have a lot more people right now, and they're a lot louder. Maybe people should take a look at themselves before claiming denial in others.

Not everything has to be brilliant or terrible. Some things are just alright. Not great, not terrible, just alright. They have both positive aspects and negative aspects. Not always 1:1, but not 1:0 or 0:1 either.

People disagree with me?! They MUST be delusional!

I've never seen anyone claim the BFA is growing subs or anything but just that they personally like it

10+ Year Old Account
    People holding different opinion doesn't always mean denial on their side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Oh, I admit it isn't going as it should or could but why are people in denial that some might still enjoy the game?
    It's not the "right" opinion according to his links.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    Thousands of people can't all be wrong about something..
    Yes, they can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    All you said here is basically, your opinion is different from the majority. No one can take your opinion or change it, but there will always be a consensus. Which any creator should and does take into account.
    People who vote on metacritic are hardly majority tho. Especially considering that people are more likely to downvote stuff than upvote. Disgruntled consumer is more likely to leave negative review than satisfied consumer to leave a positive review
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

There is much less denial these days than there used to be. Like much, much less. It's sad that Blizzard had to crash and burn for people to open their eyes and see their own interests, but here we are.

I don't know OP, the game is just fine - but like you I find it bizarre that so many people think it is dead.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Because they are sub 80-IQ inbred apes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It's not the "right" opinion according to his links.
    Well, fuck his links.

I've played for over 14 years and I still find enjoyment within the game. Haha.

I can see that things aren't 100% good but they aren't 100% bad either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    You can't really review a WoW expansion fully and fairly before it's at its end. It's not a 50-100 hour independent game, like Fallout 4 vs Fallout 3. Generally people are getting tired of the game, and they need bigger and bigger dose to get high, Legion was huge, Bfa can't compete and at this stage of the game, so the fall is really high.
    Its been shit enough so far and we already know they arent going to rework classes and nothing more than bandaids to their systems... yea bfa is shit and will continue to be shit for its life cycle.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't know OP, the game is just fine - but like you I find it bizarre that so many people think it is dead.
    If it wasnt for their cash shop services the game would be dead.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The 3.1 score for BfA is probably because of the large echo-chamber that is the internet right now. BfA isn't great, but it's def not as bad as Cata or WoD was
    False. Cata and even WoD classes were much better, fuller and just made more sense. And since your class design is like 70% of your total gameplay its just stupid to even compare anything before Legion to BFA. No matter how much content you have, if your class design sucks = the game sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    Idgaf about critics. Same with Assmangoof and the rest of the YouTubers. Play or don't
    Ye, people that have been decade-long lovers of the game shouldnt voice their concerns about the current state!!11!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    The game is getting old.
    Not even old, but rather bad. I wish we had a "stagnation" problem even among the 3 biggest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Yes, they can.

- - - Updated - - -

People who vote on metacritic are hardly majority tho. Especially considering that people are more likely to downvote stuff than upvote. Disgruntled consumer is more likely to leave negative review than satisfied consumer to leave a positive review
    Sure thing, but just judging my sub counts and sub retention it's not up for debate that MoP/wod/cataclysm are the "worst" expansions in the eyes of most players.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only people in denial are those who keep shouting "stop enjoying the game" at others. They bought into their own narrative that WoW is the game in existence so it's completely impossible for anyone to like even a single aspect. Instead of "I like X, but I don't like Y(say, raiding vs azerite)", they only see the former, foam at their mouth and furiously call the other side fanboys or white knights.

It's basically "why don't you hate the same thing I hate?!"

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    If it wasnt for their cash shop services the game would be dead.
    Are you sure you've updated your graphics drivers, because the game works quite well for me.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not hating on the people who enjoy the game, id love to know what content they partake in.
    pvp? tmog farm? lfr/norm? HC/mythic raiding? M+ ?

When ever i ask ppl what content they do when they are defending the game, i get no replies.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Funnily, it seems more like the people who still LIKE the game are not allowed to say that, without being yelled at.
    You know why? Because the game is shit, and to change that the whole community needs to send a clear "FUCK YOU" signal to blizzard, maybe then they'll return to the old roots and find different paths of progress. The whole "huh you just dont like changes" crowd is braindead tho, its not about the changes themselves, rather about their quality.

There are still people defending LFR and loot boxes