Page 1 of 3
LastLast

If you were to move, which would you prefer?

A smaller city/town by the ocean, an inland big city, big city by the ocean or an inland small town?

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Big City by Ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of land and beautiful space a few acres generally cold year round know inland or island. Modern self sufficient state of the art home. Something with a view of the Pacific and of course a workshop. Rural but easy enough access to small city.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Small city by the ocean. Except if its a hurricane/typhoon/whatever prone ocean. Then the small inland city.

Small Inland city, preferably a mountain town.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Small town by the ocean.

I grew up in a small coastal town and living 15-20 minutes from the sea on foot was pretty neat during the summer. A cooler full of beer and nice sandy beach makes for a great summer night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yingluck View Post
    A smaller city/town by the ocean, an inland big city, big city by the ocean or an inland small town?
    By the ocean, prefered smaller town because quietness but, by the ocean wins.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty happy with the type of area I live in now. Small to medium sized town that's far enough inland to not get hit with the worst parts of stuff like hurricanes. I live close enough to a big city that I could get there in a couple of hours if needed, but I'm far enough away from it that I don't have to deal with its problems (insane traffic, crime, crowds, etc) on a daily basis. We have our share of meth heads and such (just like anywhere else, I guess), but otherwise, it's fairly quiet here.

I usually take vacations on the beach, but I don't know if I'd want to live right on one. Or if I did, I'd have a "backup house" further inland where I could retreat quickly if weather got shitty (this is all assuming a scenario where I've won the lottery and can actually afford to have a home on the beach and a second house further inland, of course).

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inland small town on a lake. Best of both worlds!

looking over the sea would be nice. especially in a large appartment building.
    hit & run posting lol

Inland Small town, however Id really like to move someplace like Texas or southern US so it can be year round decent weather and I can drive my Hot rods year round, that and it's a much better business climate than MN.

Small city in the middle of nowhere as long as I can get highspeed ISP and deliveries.

Outside a small village located on an ocean-facing mountainside.

Inland small town, prefer lots of land or forest around.

Small town by ocean if I'm retired. Big town by the ocean if I still need money. And trees, lots of trees.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Small town by a body of water, ocean or lake will do. I like fresh fish

Small city by the ocean.

If I could move anywhere in the world I would want to say Auckland, NZ. It's beautiful and the people love sailing. However, it is also built on a volcanic field that has 50 vents with more expected in the future.

Why does beauty seem to always be linked with danger?

10+ Year Old Account
    Inland big city, of these options.

Personal desire: really good internet, cabin in the woods.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

10+ Year Old Account
    Small city/town by the ocean. Have lived on or near the coast all my life and want to keep it that way.

Small town by the sea... so where I currently live.