View Poll Results: How invested are you personally in fighting climate change?

Voters
123. This poll is closed
  • Need more info

28 22.76%
  • I would be willing to cut my driving in half

24 19.51%
  • I would be willing to have power cut 4 hours a day

9 7.32%
  • No, such programs are not for me, let someone else do it

62 50.41%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Cool story. You seem to be of the delusion that things aren't going to start requiring increasing levels of taxation and public infrastructure to sustain.

If the Bundy rach goons were anything to go by, colour me thoroughly unworried.
    Behind every tree, behind every blade of grass.....

7+ Year Old Account
    What are you doing to resolve the problem of people not entering the STEM, rather than complaining about it?
    Hmm, one thing I did was go into STEM. Also I try to help my niece and push her in a good direction.

People who truly care about the environment are not waiting around for the government to save the world. Governments are underpayed, understaffed and underskilled, they do not have the resources available to save the planet. Unfortunately most people who proclaim to care about the environment are hypocrites - I doubt any of them have changed the way they live, they only care about the issue to the extent someone else is doing something about it.

Reminds me of this story: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-48-million-p/

48 million pounds of garbage hauled away from "environmentalists" protesting the Dakota pipeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Hmm, one thing I did was go into STEM. Also I try to help my niece and push her in a good direction.
    That's nice.

Please answer the question. What are you doing to resolve the problem of people protesting rather than entering STEM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

When I was a kid, if they had a "Strike" day for any reason, even if it was to build the biggest hydrogen bomb, I'd be all for it. I wouldn't be outside with picket signs either, I'd be having a grand ol' time.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's nice.

Please answer the question. What are you doing to resolve the problem of people protesting rather than entering STEM.
    I just told you, I entered STEM and encourage others. I can't force these protesters to stop wasting their time and get back to studying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just told you, I entered STEM and encourage others. I can't force these protesters to stop wasting their time and get back to studying.
    Exactly what do you think raising awareness is, besides "encouraging others"?

What you can do, is stop shitting on people because their available means of political expression are limited and start taking climate change seriously. But you won't, because doubtless you'll continue insisting that everything is okay and that America is better than ever.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what do you think raising awareness is, besides "encouraging others"?

What you can do, is stop shitting on people because their available means of political expression are limited and start taking climate change seriously. But you won't, because doubtless you'll continue insisting that everything is okay and that America is better than ever.
    lol are you suggesting these protestors are raising awareness in any meaningful way? Signs with "save our world" and "save our future" does jack diddley to raise awareness.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol are you suggesting these protestors are raising awareness in any meaningful way? Signs with "save our world" and "save our future" does jack diddley to raise awareness.
    One would think after the Civil Rights movement you people would have learned dismissing protests stemming from legitimate grass roots is generally kinda stupid, but I guess not.

students around the world skip class because they dont want to be in class. and this is the cool kid thing to do, so theyre all over it.

Personally disgusts me that the pathetic left uses kids as political pawn pieces for bullshit. Whats worse is at least here in Australia it was shown they were threatened with grade failures if they didn't go out like the good little chess pawns they are.

Kids don't even have a fucking clue what they are talking about, they are just recycling bullshit from their mentally ill teachers that also have no idea.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Cool.

Please do not complain when we ask you to pay carbon taxation to subsidise the environmental impacts of your lifestyle, then. You're perfectly free to pursue that aspiration, but humanity has reached the point where such has to carry a premium.
    It worked out real well in France.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Kids tend to parrot things without verifying anyways, which is why kids are prime targets for propaganda and manipulation via fearmongering.
    Don't be silly, that's not about kids. That's about people in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    It worked out real well in France.
    Resistance to such measures doesn't disprove their necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post
    Personally disgusts me that the pathetic left uses kids as political pawn pieces for bullshit. Whats worse is at least here in Australia it was shown they were threatened with grade failures if they didn't go out like the good little chess pawns they are.

Kids don't even have a fucking clue what they are talking about, they are just recycling bullshit from their mentally ill teachers that also have no idea.
    Once again, prove it. I'm seeing a lot of assertions here.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishingAct View Post

It’s a classic tool used by Marxist. Look at the propaganda machine of China or North Korea, always children handing flowers to their dear leader. Or Facist governments of old that used to always show youths crying and praising their fuhrer. Look what they did to set up Sen Feinstein. They get a group of clueless kids controlled by liberal teachers and do a political hit job and move on when confronted with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

Here's something we could do right now that would have a huge impact on climate change, drive our cars, buses, trucks on alternate days.

If you're license ends in an even number, you drive on even days, don't drive on odd days. If it ends in a odd number, you drive on odd days. Car pooling is fine and is expected.

Would you accept and follow such a program?

How about the power company turns the electricity off for 4 hours a day? Like from 5pm to 9pm?

How invested are you personally in fighting climate change?
    Them skipping class isn't going to help. Not using electric for 4 hours doesn't will not stop the production of it.

What we really need to do is eliminate frivolous use of resources and that goes for everything from video games to joy rides to unneeded international travel, etc. But there is no government that is in control enough to make such drastictic changes

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post

If they don't want to be in class they could have stayed at home.
    And last sunday there was a march with 40.000 people attending it, most of them students.

Your argument is defeated by facts.
    you missed the second part. its the cool kid thing to do, so theyre all over it. which was actually the important part of the sentence. are you one of the cool kids trying to fit in?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love what they stand for and am actively taking part. Demo yesterday was awesome!

Nice skip class excuse.

So what? Nothing happens. We can't just solve the problem by turning of lights a bit or something. Nothing will happen unless technology advances far enough that we can generate most of our power by fusion power (which isnt happening any time soon).

Solar panels, wind power, ect. These are just jokes. They dont always generate power. Its hard to store that power.

We would need to replace cars with electric cars or at least hybrids. Power. More power.

We use more and more computers, phones, ect. every day. More power. More power.

Electiricity doesnt just come out of the plug, right?

Nothing will happen any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Solar panels, wind power, ect. These are just jokes. They dont always generate power. Its hard to store that power.

We would need to replace cars with electric cars or at least hybrids. Power. More power.

We use more and more computers, phones, ect. every day. More power. More power.

Electiricity doesnt just come out of the plug, right?

Nothing will happen any time soon.
    Wow it's like someone swallowed every outdated argument against renewable energy and threw it up in one post.