What if Anduin is Azshara?

Anduin has been portrayed as the perfect protagonist in recent times, almost too perfect. What if this almost too perfect demeanor is to conceal the fact that it is in fact Azshara behind the veil? This would be the big Azshara twist we didn't see coming.

Sylvanas has known this all along with the Xal'anath whispers and is why she has been pushing hard to defeat the Alliance, when it is in fact Azshara that she is after. Defeating this major threat is the only way she feels she could save Anduin, the Horde and Azeroth from the even bigger imminent threats. BFA is hence all about Sylvanas' battle FOR Azeroth. This is why she has bolstered her undead numbers. This is why the devs keep on insisting that she is in fact morally grey, as she has to make difficult decisions for the greater good.

Sylvanas hasn't disclosed this to anyone due to fears that no one would believe her and that other Horde leaders might think she's crazy, and cause greater civil unrest which is exactly what Azshara wants. As a result of her actions, Sylvanas will not be trialled in chains or sentenced but will continue to lead the Horde as Warchief and command both the Alliance and Horde through the battle of the old gods.

Then where is the real Anduin? That makes no sense.

Can Azshara ressurect an entire battlefield like in the cinematic? that's some weird mental gymnastix over there buddy

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    In Nazjatar, where we think we're going to fight Azshara but end up saving Anduin.

This is a very high level thread

None of what you said made any sense even by Blizzard's current standards.

I like the idea, but she would have confess in Nathanos.
    And Blizzard will never do that, it will enrage all the alliance boyz.

It is possible Saurfang is Azshara in disguise. She wants to destroy the Horde from inside. If she does so, there is only Alliance to save the world and this is not enough. This would make a good piece of story.

Of course, in Naz'jatar we find real Saurfang being used as chanelling beacon for the spell and we free him. Then Blizzard can show us real Saurfang's reaction to faction war.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Can Azshara ressurect an entire battlefield like in the cinematic? that's some weird mental gymnastix over there buddy
    That's why it's more plausible to believe that she is Saurfang. Everybody can swing axe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 1 + 1 = 3 View Post
    I like the idea, but she would have confess in Nathanos.
    And Blizzard will never do that, it will enrage all the alliance boyz.
    I wonder if fake Saurfang will enrage Alliance crybabies.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    With all the power she has amassed in the last 10,000 years.

While I think the idea that Anduin is Azshara is a huge stretch to say the least, I like the idea that maybe Anduin is really someone else. The first character to enter my mind is Wrathion. He has been suspiciously absent for the past 2 expansions, and while there is evidence to suggest he is on the Dragon Isles, I wouldn't put it past a black dragon to attempt something like impersonating the king. Not to mention he knows Anduin well enough to be able to convincingly pull it off.

Me when I enter MMO-Champion for a nice Lore discussion:

This thread makes me uncomfortable.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Me when I enter MMO-Champion for a nice Lore discussion:

This thread makes me uncomfortable.
    LOL well played sir.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    While we are at it Azshara is also Baine, Genn, Moira, Jaina, Katherine and Tyrande.. Pretty much all the major lore characters are Azshara in disguise, hell even your playable character is Azshara you just do not know it..

Nothing to see here. Just the Old Gods trying to prank the comment section.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Anduin isn't even a protagonist in this expansion yet. Jaina and Shaw have been more of that.

Not gonna comment on the rest cause I've been covered by others.

Oh, is it already time for more tin foil hat theories that just happen to exonerate the waifu? She's totally not going to be the one who burns down Teldrassil, you know. Stay woke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Feanoro View Post
    Oh, is it already time for more tin foil hat theories that just happen to exonerate the waifu? She's totally not going to be the one who burns down Teldrassil, you know. Stay woke.
    It was the only way to disperse the Alliance leaders so she should achieve her goals for the greater good.

I think it's more likely that Sylvanas has been Azshara in the events of BFA. In fact, that's one of the first things I thought of when burning of Teldrassil happened.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Azshara is wearing Anduin as a suit. He is going to grow and bulge and explode revealing Azshara.