Page 22 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    If disney did any of these they can be sued they aren't gonna risk it over captain marvel.
    on top of how obnoxiously bone headed it would be to spend money of "fake viewers" as if these movies aren't going to print money on their own. that is up there with the most retarded corporate conspiracy theories I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bright-Flower View Post
    I don't think I'd call Rogue 1 great but it's easily the best of the Disney star wars movies IMO.
    Hell, it beats the prequels too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Captain Marvel was just a requirement to understand End Game, and it was mostly getting backlash because of their horrible PR.. Wonder Woman controversies weren't SJW/Anti-SJW issues, except for the armpit thing, to my memory, which was SJWs attacking them because she shaved her pits. black panther was way over rated. Star Wars has been controversial since they made episodes 1-3.

Alita, a female lead movie, didn't get any insane controversy.

The problem with these movies is they are focusing on being empowering and socially progressive when they need to work more on having a good script.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    You have to try really hard to be offended by that once the full quote has been given to you. What was basically said is "I don't want to hear from person of X heritage when a film is written to resonate with people of Y heritage." It takes the most delicate of snowflakes to think that is an attack on people of X heritage.
    For some reason I find it hard to believe an actor silencing critics of color in the same way Larson did because the "movie is for white people" would be similarly defended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    The reason is that once you acknowledge race, gender, identity based grievances (instead of having a generic set of laws addressing everyone, and forbidding discrimination), you open up the dam for any group to have identity grievances. Like men. Like whites. I don't want that. I don't want to live in a world where there's a "price" on your skin color, and another for other dude's skin color. I simply refuse to judge anyone like that.
    The fact that being 'color-blind' is being classed as racism is a damning indictment of where the far-left are now, and how lost they are in their own hypocrisy.

What's really the alternative to being color-blind then? That you should see somebody's skin colour and make large assumptions about their life to see their place in the hierarchy of grievances? That you should see their skin colour and assume their viewpoints and experiences are different to your own? There isn't an answer to this that isn't a little bit racist.

This is why my signature is what it is. The far-left is as dumb and racist as the far right. Their idea of the white man as the "universal man" and oppressor and removing the autonomy from all people of other ethnicities and genders is the height of patronising. People argue for forced ethnic diversity in the workplace as people of other ethnicities bring "different" views and opinions to the workplace. I've still no idea what these different views are that they're meant to be bringing, based purely on the colour of their skin. Where the good chicken shops are?
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2019-04-09 at 10:17 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

No, because just like the sjw side of this "argument" it's an extremely small minority of people. Both sides push this notion that the other is much larger than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Nah, because unlike Larson, I'm not pulling out the race card.

- - - Updated - - -

How about adding said feminist bot as now being cannon to the original movies as part of the falcon, meaning they made that thing as always being part of the lore. Nice way to taint the film's everyone loved.
    All she did was mention inclusion and internet retards took her comments out of context to mean less white men and more women of color. Which is not what she said. But go one believing the BS.

the merchandise sales(lol) of the farce awakens were only out done by the last blunder and solo in the fact it had any at all.
    they couldn't even give the solo toys away as apart of a clearance deal by pairing them with other toys to avoid the cost of disposal.

disney, and marvel comics, have been selling items of such low-value that they've brow-beaten distributors to take an "L" into the red.
    fucking marvel comic's market-value(or lack there of) has even closed down stores by forcing at threat of slander their purchase of Marvel's garbage.
    in san deigo of all fucking places.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    Captain Marvel was just a requirement to understand End Game, and it was mostly getting backlash because of their horrible PR.. Wonder Woman controversies weren't SJW/Anti-SJW issues, except for the armpit thing, to my memory, which was SJWs attacking them because she shaved her pits. black panther was way over rated. Star Wars has been controversial since they made episodes 1-3.

Alita, a female lead movie, didn't get any insane controversy.

The problem with these movies is they are focusing on being empowering and socially progressive when they need to work more on having a good script.
    Dude, the fracking SW movies are about, in order

A)Crushing space capitalists
    B)Crushing space fascists
    C)Crushing space fascists, but more fascist than the previous ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    No, because just like the sjw side of this "argument" it's an extremely small minority of people. Both sides push this notion that the other is much larger than it is.
    right, which one again got the soon-to-be-defunct EU's ear cause someone called her a sell-out whore?

size of groups don't matter, power projection does.
    the party politic of the soviet empire was less then 1% of the total population, yet they held all the legal and military power and so when it fell they became oligarchs richer then any king on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    the merchandise sales(lol) of the farce awakens were only out done by the last blunder and solo in the fact it had any at all.
    they couldn't even give the solo toys away as apart of a clearance deal by pairing them with other toys to avoid the cost of disposal.

disney, and marvel comics, have been selling items of such low-value that they've brow-beaten distributors to take an "L" into the red.
    fucking marvel comic's market-value(or lack there of) has even closed down stores by forcing at threat of slander their purchase of Marvel's garbage.
    in san deigo of all fucking places.
    I know Americans are obsessed by money, but I think new abysses are reached when people loudly complain that SW ''is dead'' because they are not selling 150$ apiece Lego sets.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Soooo this is all like EU (legacy? legends? fuck i dont even know what to call it anymore fuck you mickey mouse) stuff, because in terms of the movies yes would can assume that all droids are sentient...but for most part NO they are not. however, when a droid does become sentient, that droid has generally looked at the state of droids around them and then go on organic killing rampages of death until they are destroyed. So the practice of routine memory wiping is commonplace, the restraining bolt tech and yeah the "obedience" programming. i think it had been few 100 years since the last droid uprising by the time of movies. So who knows. its a sci fi fantasy universe. But personally id say Droids are not made sentient but every droid can become sentient.
    Of all things, this was explained in a ''The Clone Wars'' episode. A certain young Jedi knight never ''reset'' his droid, which in addition to ethical issue….make it a terrible security risk, since R2-D2 knows the inside out of every Republican software security system. And it shows later on. Oh, it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    --
    no, it's dead cause some dumb cunt made it into a soap-box for her feelings.
    and now, the witless hack who's only gotten by on cheap manipulative plot devices has a mess the size of nebraska to clean up and an army of furious investor lawyers to worry about suing them into the ground.

no, it's dead cause some dumb cunt made it into a soap-box for her feelings.
    and now, the witless hack who's only gotten by on cheap manipulative plot devices has a mess the size of nebraska to clean up and an army of furious investor lawyers to worry about suing them into the ground.
    Oh yes, it's true that Star Wars I to VI clearly had the message that fascism is great and especially leads to military competence. And what are feelings, for the record ? What your handlers order you to believe over Kathleen Kennedy ? Of course, crying like a little girl that ''they ruined Luke because he is not like I want him to be'' is totally not feelings, since it's YOUR feelings, and they are thus ''FAKTS'' (People pretending that the sequels massacred Luke clearly have not read ''Legacy of the Force'', were Luke is WAY more callous toward his nephew, and sick his niece on him to off him without any undue anguish)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-09 at 10:48 PM.

Oh yes, its a ''fallacy' to point out that screaming ''LUKE RUINED BY SJW'' kinda boil downs to feelings, since I hate to tell you that, Luke does not exist and magic space wizard monk don't exist, thus making complicated arguments ''proving'' Rey is a Mary Sue a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-09 at 11:09 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    It didn't have zero advertising. I kept seeing TONS of ads before it came out (I think quite a few were on youtube)...

Now, they may have studied their intended demographic a lot better and utilized their advertising money much better *shrug* Idk about that
    It had not nearly the push as Captain Marvel and unlike CM it wasn't piggybacking on an established franchise of films.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Now, I haven't even watched any of the movies that were mentioned thus far because I've never had any interest in Ghost Busters, Marvel (or DC) stuff, nor in Black Panther or anything Star Wars aside from the first three movies. Maybe the one with the Yoda-Palpatine fight in the Senate wasn't horrible, but that's about the extent my liking for modern Star Wars stuff goes.
    But, I did watch some Netflix series that caused these kind of discussions. I'll name the most controversial one: Death Note, because of the whole black L business. Now, aside from the fact that the plot was butchered and the actors all sucked (and L perhaps sucked the least), there was simply no need to cast a black guy as a character as him other than shoehorning a political statement in there. One could say that the Japanese live action featured a Japanese L and that's the same because L is a Westerner; and that'd be an idiotic observation, for the simple fact that such a live action was thought for the internal market, and they at least casted a guy who specializes in portraying "weird" or "eccentric" characters, as well as a portrayal of an autistic guy who won him some accolades. And he did a good job acting as weirdly as L does, even for the low standards of such Japanese live-actions. The Netflix version, on the other hand, was thought for an international audience, and people don't take kindly when you strip a character of all of his defining characteristics - whiteness, weirdness (and him being white contributed to the character being weird to the Japanese public, which is something that eludes those who evidently don't know one bit about how the Japanese collective unconscious works), autistic-like behavior. Did Stanfield (and whoever decided to butcher the character script-wise) put any effort into trying to be L-weird? Nope. Not at all. On the contrary, they had/he acted very emotionally, angrily, and was surrounded by an aura of teen angst.
    Really, him being black wouldn't even factor in had the producers decided to take one of the two acceptable routes: one, stick to the original. Which would've meant not altering the plot nor the characters in any way. Two, they could've remade the same exact thing, but transposed into a completely different time and context. Think of Apocalypse Now. I don't think Conrad would've minded it. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone worth their salt would dare criticize it on the basis that it butchered the essence of Heart of Darkness and turned it inside-out. Of course the producers opted for neither of these ways, and instead went for the kind of shoehorning which is also plaguing contemporary British plays (I wonder whether there's a connection to that), and sure, they might've tried to alter the context, but in a such pitiful, half-assed way it would've been better for them to refrain from it altogether and save some dignity. Yet with all this, the outrage was only about people complaining about L being black, and more ridiculously, about people being upset because fans didn't like seeing such an iconic character getting butchered in all of his defining aspects. That apparently made them a bunch of racists, a bunch of "anti-SJW crusaders". What absolute twaddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    I really don't mind diversity, but i do dislike diversity for it's own sake.
    I don't go to movies for diversity or social programming, I go to be ENTERTAINED; and I don't find being force fed an agenda to be entertaining.
    So call me one of them, see if I care, I vote with my wallet and don't worry about it one way or another.
    Yeah, the TL;DR is pretty much this I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    They are already predicting that the movies released after endgame won't be received as well...but it has nothing to do with being "woke" and everything to do with Endgame being on such a grand scale that anything released after is going to naturally pale in comparison.
    The new woke comics havn't been selling well IIRC, the Avengers movies worked out great because you could make a few spin offs of the heroes and marvel was always smart to tie them to the avengers movies. I think it would be wise of them to try and work towards another major marvel arc, although I'm unsure of what arc that would be. The onslaught storyline could be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    It had not nearly the push as Captain Marvel and unlike CM it wasn't piggybacking on an established franchise of films.
    you're talking to the kind of people who ignored 'spawn', 'blade', and yes even 'steel' to wave 'black panther' around as "da furst blak uperhero moobe evar!!1!".

all they want is a flag to wave around, no matter who they have to skin alive to make one.

10+ Year Old Account
    What would they accomplish anyways?

The people launching these "crusades" are manufacturing out rage and making mountains out of molehills 90% of the time.

Like Captain Marvel for example. As a straight white male, I watched that movie, thought it was alright and not once did I feel like "feminism was being pushed on me" or that I should be "offended" for being white and male.

There's nothing to accomplish because there's no substance to their efforts.
    Putin khuliyo