Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You do know that the opposite also rings true, right? Just because you don't enjoy it doesn't mean it's bad.
    Absolutely.

You can enjoy DH or FURY and despite RETRI and FROST DK, you enjoy X but no Y yet Class Design is shitty atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Absolutely.

You can enjoy DH or FURY and despite RETRI and FROST DK, you enjoy X but no Y yet Class Design is shitty atm.
    Why? Because you don't like how some classes play? Or because some streamer said they don't like it?

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Why do you think every DPS class is a builder/spender type design now?
    Because the majority of casual players LOVES that type of class design, spam Y for build resource and spam X to spend them.
    The lowest common denominator is FUN hence no complex spec, no customization, no progression, just XY classes that can do the same stuff but some are better.

But FUN is subjective so if the majority find "FUN" in playing gutted classes with builder spender rotation, Blizzard will proceed on this route.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Because you don't like how some classes play? Or because some streamer said they don't like it?
    No because I played since before this mess, and clearly there is a drop in quality regarding class design.
    I have played the same class since vanilla and I had to be blind and mentally challenged to not notice it.

But writing "DURR YOURRR STREAMER" {like if people cannot share same opinion} makes you dumb af because I can just say "so you find the game ok because some streamer said it and a lawyer playing dev told you so?"
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-14 at 10:34 PM.

No because I played since before this mess, and clearly there is an issue.
    So it's "because you don't like it." I'll just refer back to my original statement: "Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad."

But writing "DURR YOURRR STREAMER" {like if people cannot share same opinion} makes you dumb af because I can just say "so you find the game ok because some streamer said it and a lawyer playing dev told you so?"
    You could... if I ever bothered to watch any streamers or cared for the opinion of others about what I like. (hint: I don't)

And saying "your streamer" is a valid point because many people berating WoW usually end up pointing at at least one streamer in an attempt to validate their claims about the game by implying the streamers' opinions somehow hold more weight. (hint: they don't)

So it's "because you don't like it." I'll just refer back to my original statement: "Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's bad."
    Ok so since you seems to trolling or not be able to understand.

You find "FUN" ALL the current classes?

You could... if I ever bothered to watch any streamers or cared for the opinion of others about what I like. (hint: I don't)

And saying "your streamer" is a valid point because many people berating WoW usually end up pointing at at least one streamer in an attempt to validate their claims about the game by implying the streamers' opinions somehow hold more weight. (hint: they don't)

If streams opinions don’t matter why did blizzard ship in a ton of influencers minus preach (even if it ends up being a pr stunt)

Trashing on streamers/influencers simply because you don’t like them blatantly disregards the actual influence these people have
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreatin View Post
    Remember when they said that they will do a class rework in 8.1? I remember. . . . and still waiting.
    Class design takes alot of dev time so i dont think they will do any changes, they would rather take older system add layers of rng on top and give us that.
    What older system are they adding layers of RNG to in 8.2? Don't worry, I'll wait.

You find "FUN" ALL the current classes?
    What does having to like ALL the classes has to do with anything? If I have to like EVERYTHING for class design to be considered "good", then no game ever was ever good nor ever will be.

Of course there are some classes I don't like. But that doesn't mean it's bad. You're taking a subjective opinion and stating it as objective fact. "Class design is bad" you say, and when asked to elaborate, you say "because I don't like how the classes play".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zaino View Post
    If streams opinions don’t matter why did blizzard ship in a ton of influencers minus preach (even if it ends up being a pr stunt)
    Because Blizzard wants as many people to check the game. That doesn't mean their opinion holds more weight than yours or mine.

Trashing on streamers/influencers simply because you don’t like them
    Thank goodness I'm not doing that, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They still spam a lot of instant spells... shit Fire mage today is more mobile then fire mage in mop.

It's still besides the point... I'd take MoP fury over BfA fury any day.

And good lord was MoP demo a lot more fun then "pet management simulator".
    I enjoy fury. Quick reaction + muscle memory = better dps. Rottation is smooth as long as you do it right as well. Animations look cool too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by huehuehue View Post
    Design isn't the problem. How they allow you to access your class power is. When you have the traits you need, everything really does feel great. There are plenty of my specs are good IMO, and there are some meaningful combinations you could make with traits. If you have the options.

I hate that they're continuing down the path of looting for your complete potential class ability/synergy/power. It's such a fucking flawed system. When you don't have what you want, its awful and not fun. It's pretty clear that this isn't going to change this expansion, looking at these essences.

edit: rofl there's different rarities of the same essence so you can continue the feeling of never being complete and not having the good one.

bring me back to the time where we didn't play for abilities, but with those fun abilities by default for gear and shenanigans.
    This has to be a troll comment. The essence are not really "drops" but are more like achievement rewards aside from the legendary reputation one which will have a tiny bit of RNG to it. Everything else is a system where you can actively work towards an objective to unlock a certain essence at a certain rank.

The glyph system. LOL

The Essence system for the HoA is literally Glyphs with RNG added on top of it. You can't collect it from buying it from a scribe anymore. You must get it from an RNG boss drop.

Thanks and bye.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually no - we don't know that yet.

All they said it that you have to collect the Essences. They didn't say anywhere that they will be 100% drops or gains from things.

The new Blizzard loves RNG. Safe to assume this system will have it too since they tend to learn nothing from other failed systems like Legendaries.
    Are you a ding dong that just read/listened to the Blizzard information and didn't hear what all the streamers/youtubers who were invited to play had to say? They confirmed that the only essence that has RNG to it is the reputation one. Every single other essence is unlocked from an objective based thing. Examples include completing a M+ 10, kill a certain boss on a certain difficulty in the raid, reach 2200 in arenas, etc. WHAT LAYERS OF RNG!?!? Stop just saying crap without having any of the correct information. So annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and how is the essence system glyphs? Glyphs just augmented abilities and the only ones that added new abilities (that I can remember) were cosmetic type ones that had no impact on combat. The major slot gives you an actual clickable ability that is not one you currently have, and in most cases will actually change up your rotation. The minor slots are the only thing I can see that looks anything like glyphs, and even then they are not really glyphs. More like additional passive abilities that your class gains.

Quote Originally Posted by zolfare View Post
    Are you a ding dong that just read/listened to the Blizzard information and didn't hear what all the streamers/youtubers who were invited to play had to say? They confirmed that the only essence that has RNG to it is the reputation one. Every single other essence is unlocked from an objective based thing. Examples include completing a M+ 10, kill a certain boss on a certain difficulty in the raid, reach 2200 in arenas, etc. WHAT LAYERS OF RNG!?!? Stop just saying crap without having any of the correct information. So annoying.
    If that really is how it ends up launching (i'll believe it when I see it) that sucks just as much. You want you bis essence? Fuck off you need 2200 in arena to get that one! even though you don't touch pvp, ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    If that really is how it ends up launching (i'll believe it when I see it) that sucks just as much. You want you bis essence? Fuck off you need 2200 in arena to get that one! even though you don't touch pvp, ha ha.
    Lmfao, the pvp one is related to pvp. It is not BiS for PvE activities. If it is then I will gladly accept it as a bad system, but at least that is how it seemed when they viewed the content at Blizzard HQ. I just don't understand why you are bashing this system when you obviously don't know how it works and are just assuming everything. You have no facts.

Mists was a gay expansion. The whole panda theme was horrible. A few good raids but that's it. I'm sure everyone that falls back to MoP for examples is when they actually started to understand/play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    Mists was a gay expansion. The whole panda theme was horrible. A few good raids but that's it. I'm sure everyone that falls back to MoP for examples is when they actually started to understand/play the game.
    Exactly this. I enjoyed MoP only because it had my favorite raid ever made (Throne of Thunder), and there were some funny PvP moments (even though it was mostly broken). I mained ele shaman since vanilla (even though I never hit 60 in Vanilla), and I can say that MoP elemental was not the best it felt. Legion was the best elemental felt to play, WoD was a close 2nd, and BfA is a really close 3rd.

Personally I'm not particularly enjoying my class (balance druid) and really haven't been for much of the expansion at all. The problem is, I kept putting more time into it hoping it would feel better as I got geared - but it never really did. Despite the fact that balance is parsing and ranking well, it just doesn't feel fun to play.

I wish they'd bring back the iconic full moon and make it actually feel good, instead of it just wasting away as a 100% unpicked talent.

On top of all that I love playing 3-4 different classes through out the expansion, but I haven't been able to bring myself to do it because of how far behind I would feel, and I have no interest in grinding 15-20 WQs a day to try to catch up on AP. Then we have other issues like campaign quest progression not being account wide - oh and let's not get started on the fact that I'll never be able to run meaningful mythic+ because no one is going to take you if you don't have a 1450 io score.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2019-04-14 at 11:59 PM.

You don't have any facts either.

You are taking the word of T&E as fact. Two known streamers who have Blizzard dick so far up their asses that they have literally dismissed every issue BfA has and blamed the community as "whiney ragers".

I am quite happy to be proven wrong but I know what their track record is.

Yes the system is literally Glyphs with one major slot being an "added generic boring ability". Glyphs were rotation altering too. It even re-used the Glyph UI.
    You are wrong yet again. I am not going off of just T&E, I am going off of what Sloot said too. Is he known for saying nothing but possitive remarks about Blizzard? NO!

Just stop dude. Admit you jumped to conclusions and don't have the information yet.

Oh, and I am questioning whether you played back when glyphs were a thing because they were the very definition of generic and boring by doing things like 15% increased frost strike damage. The passive procs can actually change up rotations, the actives change up rotations, the effects look pretty cool (tbd, but that is what the streamers have all agreed on), etc. THAT IS NOT THE GLYPH SYSTEM. Stop rehashing crap that spews out of the idiot people like Asmongold.
    Last edited by zolfare; 2019-04-15 at 12:21 AM.

Im having fun with my spriest, prot pally and mist monk. They are enjoyable to play and ive played the game since early BC. 8.2 will be quite successful from what ive seen so far. You act like youre speaking for this massive group of people in what you say but i play in a whole guild who enjoys at least one of the classes they play. Stop eating the memberries and youll be fine.

They only brought in streamers who are not critical of the game. Which really says a lot about their arrogance.

You could argue Preach was invited but it was kind of convenient they found a way to easily un-invite him.

Why wasn't Bellular or Asmongold invited, just to name two examples? Bellular pumps WoW content out faster and in more depth than the pathetic T&E. Asmon is the biggest WoW streamer on twitch by far as well.

Oh maybe because they're too critical of the game?
    Sloot, as an example, is critical and they brought him. They also invited Asmongold, but he declined to go. Not sure what you are talking about.

I don't understand what this witch hunt is seeking to achieve. 8.2 is a vast improvement on the crap that came out with BfA, and you guys are still hating on it. Just take a break from the game and come back in a few months if you hate it this much. That is exactly what I did, and it worked out great.

Also, Bellular gets a TON of information complete wrong along with heals vs babyface and Asmongold. T&E are not perfect either. They bash other people like Bellular on the regular which is childish. None of these people should be idols or the representative. It is when you get a collective of differing opinions that represent a larger group that it becomes representative, and that is exactly what Blizzard tried to do when they invited all of these different people to the HQ.
    Last edited by zolfare; 2019-04-15 at 12:27 AM.

I agree with you, OP but sadly Blizzard doesn't rethink class design mid-expansion so what can they do?
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-04-15 at 12:30 AM.

Just stop dude. Admit you're going off second hand information of streamers about a system that we haven't seen implemented yet.

As I said - I am happy to be proven wrong. I hope they've learnt from their mistakes of locking character progression and abilities/playstyles behind RNG item drops.
    As I said, I am more than happy to be proven wrong, but maybe don't say crap that literally nobody that has ever SEEN the content has said. I love it when every single person that sees the content says there is no RNG to the system, the abilities look cool, the content was really interesting and they can't wait to try out more, etc., and your go to is to call them all liers and burn Blizzard at the stake. F@#&$@# dumb.