Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Wouldn't say it's shit... nonetheless I use mine still because the damn ps5 doesn't have a Web browser to stream videos off websites...
    I would rather play on a PS4 Slim then a PS4 Pro, worse graphically but at least it doesn't sound like it's lifting off for mars. Playing on either though when a PS5 exists and runs a good number of PS4 games better then either of these systems while being nearly silent is a silly option to take though(if the person had a PS5, not for people who can't get one).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I would rather play on a PS4 Slim then a PS4 Pro, worse graphically but at least it doesn't sound like it's lifting off for mars.
    Which model do you have? I got whatever the refresh was that came bundled with RDR2 and while it's been a while since I did any serious gaming on it I don't ever remember the fans getting noisy. It was actually a helluva lot quieter than my old roommate's OG base PS4. Which was a jet fuckin engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    While not PS5 related I felt this was the best place to put this.

https://www.vg247.com/ps4-cmos-batte...firmware-9-0-0

Hopefully the PS3 gets a update that does the same thing and honestly with the PS5 it doesn't matter. Every PS5 is a ticking timebomb as it is since the internal SSD is soldered to the system so when that fails the system is dead.

On a different note: I honestly feel after nearly a year of having one the PS5 isn't worth it right now and won't be for quite sometime. So if u own a PS4/PS4 Pro just stick to that. I've actually sold my PS5 (wife has one if I really want to play a rare exclusive) and went back to my PS4 pro.

Feeling like a beta tester for a year has sucked and I hope they do a revision in the future that doesn't solder the SSD to the system.
    Only reason to still stick to a PS4/PS4pro for PS4 games is if you can’t get your hands on a PS5 yet.

It runs damn near the whole library of the last generation flawlessly and better than the last gen did in many cases too, while being far quieter at it.
    Last edited by zealo; 2021-09-24 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which model do you have? I got whatever the refresh was that came bundled with RDR2 and while it's been a while since I did any serious gaming on it I don't ever remember the fans getting noisy. It was actually a helluva lot quieter than my old roommate's OG base PS4. Which was a jet fuckin engine.
    Ya my Death Stranding model was mostly quite, Not dead silence but not the jet engine the launch model was. Later revisions helped a lot plus so does cleaning them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Only reason to still stick to a PS4/PS4pro for PS4 games is if you can’t get your hands on a PS5 yet.

It runs damn near the whole library of the last generation flawlessly and better than the last gen did in many cases too, while being far quieter at it.
    If I'm mainly playing PS4 games I rather get my money back (I did without scalping) and play on a Pro. I can put the money towards something else but that's just me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Dying Light 2 got delayed from December to February... nooooo!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Thats the one I have and its not loud at all.
    Last edited by Dakhath; 2021-09-24 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya my Death Stranding model was mostly quite, Not dead silence but not the jet engine the launch model was. Later revisions helped a lot plus so does cleaning them.

- - - Updated - - -

If I'm mainly playing PS4 games I rather get my money back (I did without scalping) and play on a Pro. I can put the money towards something else but that's just me.
    And honestly, just get a PS5 slim/pro version when that comes out or a version that has at least a larger internal SSD.
    And if you need to play the most recent games, your still set for the next year or so since most major releases are cross platform right now

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-ac...tion-exclusive

PlayStation Officially Acquires Bluepoint Games, Next Game Planned to Be an Original, Not a Remake

Sony Interactive Entertainment has announced yet another studio acquisition - Bluepoint Games, the developers of the Shadow of the Colossus remake on PS4, and, most recently, the PS5 remake of Demon's Souls.

Bluepoint and PlayStation have worked closely together for years, but the news comes after the studio's latest successful release, as Sony confirmed Demon's Souls has sold more than 1.4 million copies since release. IGN spoke with PlayStation Studios Head Hermen Hulst and Bluepoint President Marco Thrush to learn more about the acquisition, PlayStation's overall studio strategy, and about how, though Bluepoint is steeped in PlayStation remaster and remake expertise, it wants to explore original ideas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are eye pee metal gearers O7

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I feel like I already heard this news like a month or two ago?

The first native 8k/60fps game on console is here.

The current firmware of the PS5 doesn't allow display at 8K yet but the game is running at native 8k and being downscaled to 4K. They go into how come it can be achieved on PS5 over Series X (that is 6k). Really neat and honestly its a cool game so give it a look if u own a Switch,PS,XB console.

I think its on PC as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Why do I feel like I already heard this news like a month or two ago?
    Cause PS Japan twitter leaked it by putting up wrong graphic when they purchased Housemarque lol...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Cause PS Japan twitter leaked it by putting up wrong graphic when they purchased Housemarque lol...
    Ohhh that's right lol. Good purchase though. Bluepoint makes some pretty games and Sony definitely has a solid back catalog worth remaking/remastering.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ohhh that's right lol. Good purchase though. Bluepoint makes some pretty games and Sony definitely has a solid back catalog worth remaking/remastering.
    Their next game is going to be an original so if its sony over the shoulder 3rd person story driven slow walking sim with meh combat that might or might not be open world #3738393, it's nothing i want. Legend of dragoon/alundra or bust

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Their next game is going to be an original so if its sony over the shoulder 3rd person story driven slow walking sim with meh combat that might or might not be open world #3738393, it's nothing i want. Legend of dragoon/alundra or bust
    I'm mad how true this post probably is.

"Welcome to the team. Now make us a 3rd person shooter "

Resident Cosplay Progressive

DO they? A honest question because what I've seen is that they do remasters and remakes but fundamentally they haven't done anything original unlike for example Obsidian who has done original even if they didn't own the IP.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    DO they? A honest question because what I've seen is that they do remasters and remakes but fundamentally they haven't done anything original unlike for example Obsidian who has done original even if they didn't own the IP.
    Well he said pretty. Yes to this point they are just known for remaking other games but both SoC and Demon's Souls Remake are gorgeous. In fact Demon's Souls remake is something that From Software wouldn't of even been able to pull off graphically if Sony had asked for them to do it instead. It's one of the best looking games on the market right now. So him saying they make pretty games ain't really up for debate.

Bluepoint has went from porting games, to remastering games to remaking games and have been great every step of the way. Logically speaking there is no reason they will fail at making their own game assuming of course they don't hire a complete dud set of writers or combat designers.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    That is so jokes.

Imagine a Bloodborne remake along the lines of Demon's Souls. Good purchase. It should be surprising that a remake the level of Demon's Souls is possible of any From Software game considering the legacy code jank just that we see translated into the gameplay. That jank makes the games the masterpieces they are originally, but recreating that jank to keep the spirit of the original game intact, seems a near impossibility. Bluepoint pulled it off, and then I knew, they are the real deal.

That Demons Souls remake certainly wasn't an easy job, or a port. It was impressive on a technical level that is hard to describe. A perfect recreation working from a picture of a picture. A love song to the original game and a respect for all the details, with a goal of perfection. I love that remake. You can tell their unwillingness to compromise just by playing the game. That remake made the beginning of this gen magical when nothing else did.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, lol, if that is the Nioh 2 team making that Origins game(not sure?), no matter how it looks now, I expect awesomeness. Nioh 2 was done right, and not lazy either.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2021-10-04 at 09:09 PM.