Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    WoW could be way more successfull probably if it would focus on the solo player part more than it does now.

What do you think?
    is it not already?

i played the first guild wars and i enjoyed controlling a few characters at once so solo play can be fun, i find myself playing solo more in wow due to the difficulty of finding groups. i can spend 20-30 mins forming/finding groups when i would rather play.

I think id prefer a better matchmaking system to play with others over better solo play

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    The thing about WoW is that it's one of the best single player RPGs out there. It's an endless videogame. This is a good thing.

First, it isn't the best not at all......
    Next it is a MMORPG, not a RPG (Every single player RPG outclass WoW in any case)

I would rather say that WoW as a MMORPG is a better single player RPG than most single player RPG, simply because most single player RPGs are just pure shit.

Play Sen no kiseki or Valkyria and say that again^^
    WoW is in case of single player 1000 times worse.
    WoW has a terrible class design, a boring world since MoP garrosh and a very bad daily routine

Quote Originally Posted by Yagyu4k View Post
    First, it isn't the best not at all......
    Next it is a MMORPG, not a RPG (Every single player RPG outclass WoW in any case)
    I'm aware of the MMO aspect. How else would I sell my junk on the AH?

I would like to see them make a proper follower system that is a feature of an expansion with less focus on mission tables and more on the actual followers and their skills and abilities. They could use that as a base to make mini dungeons that can be done with just followers and maybe one other person and each follower could have mini specs to choose from as well as being able to gear them up within said mini dungeons to make them more powerful.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I would like to see them make a proper follower system that is a feature of an expansion with less focus on mission tables and more on the actual followers and their skills and abilities. They could use that as a base to make mini dungeons that can be done with just followers and maybe one other person and each follower could have mini specs to choose from as well as being able to gear them up within said mini dungeons to make them more powerful.
    That would be quite cool actually. While i am very much against making large features in the game soloable, making 2-3 man dungeons, where you fill the rest of the roster with followers would be very cool, especially with their improvement in AI tech.

On topic, for solo content, i would love for them to just make the original Garrison idea come to life: a feature, where you are a raid manager, keeping a large number of followers, that you can gear out, send into dungeons/raids for you and bring back cool cosmetic items and improvements for your base. It could be a nice closed system, that would add fun for people who really put energy into it, while still allowing people to ignore it if they don't like it
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Yes. Maybe they could do it like this: you can use your alts as followers. That way you can gear them, enchant / gem / whatever, select talents. Maybe even put the spells you want them to use while they are being followers onto some special action bar.

Then you could do:

* instances, including mythic+ - to whatever level you will be up to,
    * raids in the current expansion - there will need to be a separate difficulty mode for that,
    * PVP! 1v1 except we are talking team vs team!

It could add *a lot* of depth. You'd be able to compose your own small team, choose specs for synergy, etc.
    Last edited by rda; 2019-04-30 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Yes. Maybe they could do it like this: you can use your alts as followers. That way you can gear them, enchant / gem / whatever, select talents. Maybe even put the spells you want them to use while they are being followers onto some special action bar.
    Ya, and you could have unique cosmetic unlocks for both you and your followers through doing the solo dungeons or something like that, it just adds more for people to do outside of the regular content and would not be a replacement for classic dungeons obviously.