Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    You see, people (including me) have been writing about it for days, that it's a bait. Players literally bought empty subscriptions - but does Blizzard give a fuck, if people were actually playing playing through these 6 months? Nope, they got their 6-months-worth money in advance, and that's all they wanted.

And yet, if anybody said 'it's a bait', white-knights have been raising an alarm, and shouted that it's a bullshit. And honestly, I am sorry for you, and your money. I would never like to be cheated by Blizzard, but this is how it works now
    Aye. It's pretty sad that all they care about these days is how much money they can squeeze out of the game.

Although with the player count at it's lowest these days I guess they have to..... Wouldn't mind it if the game we got was a quality 10/10 one but it's just not.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Figures it would appear only amount of time. Don’t even want this mount at all. Be nice if blizzard refunded me the amount for the boat and they can take it back.
    The mount was free if you didn’t get it in the shop, you want them to refund you 0$?

- - - Updated - - -

You see, people (including me) have been writing about it for days, that it's a bait. Players literally bought empty subscriptions - but does Blizzard give a fuck, if people were actually playing playing through these 6 months? Nope, they got their 6-months-worth money in advance, and that's all they wanted.

And yet, if anybody said 'it's a bait', white-knights have been raising an alarm, and shouted that it's a bullshit. And honestly, I am sorry for you, and your money. I would never like to be cheated by Blizzard, but this is how it works now
    Litteraly no one was cheated. They told us it was coming back if any thing people played them selfs for subbing to a game they didn’t like bu that’s not blizzards fault.

15+ Year Old Account
    You see, people (including me) have been writing about it for days, that it's a bait. Players literally bought empty subscriptions - but does Blizzard give a fuck, if people were actually playing playing through these 6 months? Nope, they got their 6-months-worth money in advance, and that's all they wanted. And yet, if anybody said 'it's a bait', white-knights have been raising an alarm, and shouted that it's a bullshit. And honestly, I am sorry for you, and your money. I would never like to be cheated by Blizzard, but this is how it works now
    But it literally isn't bait. It isn't some grand conspiracy. It was a reward and incentive to subscribe for 6-months. They out right told everyone that you can wait to purchase it separately at some point in 2019. You could play for 6 months and get it at no extra cost. Or you could wait and pay the assumed (at the time) $25 for it. Blizzard didn't cheat anyone. What is BS is all of those people that hate so much that they try to twist everything into something and think less of people who are not equally blinded by hate.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Figures it would appear only amount of time. Don’t even want this mount at all. Be nice if blizzard refunded me the amount for the boat and they can take it back.
    Tried to refund it myself personally. They wouldn't sadly.

Could have put the money into something better but alas my own fault for thinking BFA would be a good expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    So much for it being a promo only mount.

Who wants to bet the "see you later" bundles back in a month or two?

Absolutely disgusting hook tactics.
    You do realize that from day one they said up front that it will be back in shop later on if someone doesn't want to get it with the 6month sub? If you wanna be outraged, at least check your info, otherwise you just look like an idiot. Though looking at other posts here...I suppose I should say you look like an average MMO-C poster.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    So much for it being a promo only mount.

Who wants to bet the "see you later" bundles back in a month or two?

Absolutely disgusting hook tactics.
    it wasn't ever going to be a promo only mount, you are wrong.

So Blizzard releases the 6 month sub mount they said they would be putting into the store at some point. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. :thinking:

Some of you really do come off as being a bit unhinged in your hatred for this company. Imagine having over 20k post and whining daily about a game you likely don't play. What a sad life some of you must have.

one of the stupidest mounts ingame beside the jeweled panthers
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tried to refund it myself personally. They wouldn't sadly. Could have put the money into something better but alas my own fault for thinking BFA would be a good expansion.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50782228

Its funny how quickly you went from "don't buy it if you don't want to and you can easily find the state of the game out to be informed" to full on hate and its a scam and tricks.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50782316
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50782379

Heck here you call promotion isn't dirty. It is always amusing how certain posters come full circle when discussing WoW. The like, to indifference, to hate is always fascinating to see unfold.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    How was anyone cheated? People really do twist facts to act outraged these days.
    @Daemos daemonium, @rhorle

I can agree, cheating wasn't the best word for that. No denial that they said the mount is going to be relaunched in the shop.
    And nope, it's not about twisting the facts. They already knew that BfA is not going well, so they released this 6-months sub pass. People could make their decision freely, fully agree. From personal experienced, had few friends who bought it and stopped playing. Blizzard simply wanted to get the money in advance, before people decide to retire. This is simple as that. And it's smart. But also disgusting when we take into account the fact, that they released 3 shop mounts within 4 months: Vulpine Familiar, Hogrus and now The Dreadwake. In the meantime they released 2 toys.

Now, if I bought the 6 months pass, I would at least expect some decency, that they launch The Dreadwake after these 6 months. But nope. So yeah, it is a bait. Blizzard is being bombarded like never before, especially when it comes to microtransactions. But they do not really care much about it, since they have enough impudance to flood the shop with shit how many more mounts are they going to release this year?

And yeah, cashing money worth 2 months of playing for a mount is another story for another time.
    And be aware, that they intentionally inflate the market, so that people are willing to buy gold for cash and buy in-game mounts (gryphons worth 50k). If they really cared for the market, they would go with quests for 100g in the first place. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Nebron; 2019-04-24 at 11:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now, if I bought the 6 months pass, I would at least expect some decency, that they launch The Dreadwake after these 6 months. But nope. So yeah, it is a bait. Blizzard is being bombarded like never before, especially when it comes to microtransactions. But they do not really care much about it, since they have enough impudance to flood the shop with shit how many more mounts are they going to release this year?
    It still isn't bait. They offered a promotion for paying for a 6-month sub. Otherwise you would have to pay for the mount ahead of time. Stop blaming Blizzard because players are unable to accept resonability for their own purchases. There was no bait and switch. Everything about the promotion was clear. You get it for free or you wait till some time in 2019 to buy it.

Also some people are already off of their 6-month promotion. I have been off it for around a month now. The promotion first began on 9/19/2018. They put the mount on the store on 4/23/2019. That is more then a 180 day difference. 216 days if I am not mistaken in math somewhere. That is 36 days over the amount of subscription you were required to purchase.

You are also ranting about gold sinks as well? Because that is why 50k gryphons, 1 million pets, and the auction mount exist. To take gold out. Blizzard inflated the amount of gold the last two expansions. BfA is an attempt to correct it. It sucks if you didn't make easy gold while you could.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The mount was free if you didn’t get it in the shop, you want them to refund you 0$?

- - - Updated - - -

Litteraly no one was cheated. They told us it was coming back if any thing people played them selfs for subbing to a game they didn’t like bu that’s not blizzards fault.
    Mount was free if you purchased 6 months which the price varies depending on your countries currency. Can take 25$ or 32$ in my currency exchange rate and just remove it from my book and add it to balance.

If I were an evil Acti-Blizz Executive I would give this mount inherent water-walking, no equipment required, but also give that ability to the Mythic Jaina mount in order to preempt any "pay-to-win" accusations.

@Daemos daemonium, @rhorle

I can agree, cheating wasn't the best word for that. No denial that they said the mount is going to be relaunched in the shop.
    And nope, it's not about twisting the facts. They already knew that BfA is not going well, so they released this 6-months sub pass. People could make their decision freely, fully agree. From personal experienced, had few friends who bought it and stopped playing. Blizzard simply wanted to get the money in advance, before people decide to retire. This is simple as that. And it's smart. But also disgusting when we take into account the fact, that they released 3 shop mounts within 4 months: Vulpine Familiar, Hogrus and now The Dreadwake. In the meantime they released 2 toys.

And yeah, cashing money worth 2 months of playing for a mount is another story for another time.
    And be aware, that they intentionally inflate the market, so that people are willing to buy gold for cash and buy in-game mounts (gryphons worth 50k). If they really cared for the market, they would go with quests for 100g in the first place. Pathetic.
    As pointed out, it's past the 6 month period now.

And on top of that, if someone really wanted the mount but to also quit the game in the mean time, it would have been cheaper to quit for the 6 months, and just buy the mount outright.

So I'm really confused as to this kinda complaint.

Tried to refund it myself personally. They wouldn't sadly.

Could have put the money into something better but alas my own fault for thinking BFA would be a good expansion.
    Refund what exactly?? The mount was free...

Quote Originally Posted by Discard View Post

They could have but they didn't have to either. There is no malice to the tactic here. People who bought a 6 month sub got the mount for free. THAT is the incentive, not the exclusivity. Anyone saying otherwise is being dishonest.

No, they didn't have to release it later - but that is where people have the right to claim shady behavior. Nobody would assume they'd release it literally right around the time the 6 month sub thing ended.

Blizzard knew entirely what they were doing here.

I'm currently majoring in Marketing / Economics and there are a crap ton of buzzwords placed in the original announcement to make the buyer think they're getting an exclusive purchase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

Also some people are already off of their 6-month promotion. I have been off it for around a month now. The promotion first began on 9/19/2018. They put the mount on the store on 4/23/2019. That is more then a 180 day difference. 216 days if I am not mistaken in math somewhere. That is 36 days over the amount of subscription you were required to purchase.

Actually, if you go by the end of the period in which the promotion was available, October 21st, it's literally about 180 days.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50782228

Its funny how quickly you went from "don't buy it if you don't want to and you can easily find the state of the game out to be informed" to full on hate and its a scam and tricks.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50782316
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post50782379

Heck here you call promotion isn't dirty. It is always amusing how certain posters come full circle when discussing WoW. The like, to indifference, to hate is always fascinating to see unfold.
    There are people who are looking for a reason to argue about most anything, and people who enjoy inciting arguments whenever they can. Does wonders for keeping the forums alive i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    Actually, if you go by the end of the period in which the promotion was available, October 21st, it's literally about 180 days.
    Right but you also have to factor in the start time. Some might still be on and some will be off. They even gave the mount to people that had a auto-renew six month prior to the bundle offer. So plenty of people would have been off for a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are... are people really complaining about this? People will spin anything I guess.

If you bought the 6 month sub, you saved money compared to month to month, and the 25$ this mount now costs. They also said it would be coming back, who cares how soon, if you bought the 6 months you saved money.

But yeah, no, Blizzard just wants your money, they only enticed people to pay less sub money and gave them a free mount for it. If a mount enticed you to sub for 6 months when you wouldn't have otherwise, you're addicted to this game and should step away.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What games I like is irrelevant.
    Well it isn't irrelevant, since a lot of the shit you straight up complain and shit on Blizzard for doing you disregard when others you like do it. I get you have a hate boner for Blizzard these days but like a lot of others on this site you dial up the hyperbole to 11 constantly.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want them to refund you $0?