Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Best solution for me is to ROLL on item if needed. But only if this is really upgrade for your main spec. If no one need for main spec than rolls for offspec. Just like that. And if you won 1 item and need 1 more you should pass roll action for other needers. This work on guild runs pretty well with pugs could be a problem :P

Loot council is honestly what I've had the best experience with. When it's run properly (and it's easy to see if it's not), it's by far the best way to distribute loot. This is especially true from a progression standpoint as people will get gear as needed rather than worrying about spending DKP or any other currency on just what they want for themselves.

Well I have permission from my wife to raid classic so DKP by miles.
    Honestly DKP is the best for classic because you had 40 people and like 2 or 3 drops per boss.
    Of course core tanks and heals get preference here and there

Vanilla raiding only gets serious for cthun and naxx anyway. Everything else is a farm. Unless you had warriors like our guild had that would headbutt their demo shout keybinds so we constantly fucking wiped on twin emps.

Loot council or DKP type where the DKP depreciates is what I agree with. DKP is great because when MC and bwl is on farm, it keeps enough ppl actually going to the raid. Usually mages are the first to drop MC n BWL because once they go fire they don't go back
    Last edited by VanishingAct; 2019-04-26 at 05:45 AM.
    “to wear an improper expression on your face was itself a punishable offence. There was even a word for it in Newspeak: FACECRIME, it was called.”

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Personal loot! :P
    How about Public Loot? When loot drops everyone in the same zone will be able to roll - not just the group that killed the mob.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    How about Public Loot? When loot drops everyone in the same zone will be able to roll - not just the group that killed the mob.
    You're thinking too small. The entire server or the entire region should be eligible to roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You're thinking too small. The entire server or the entire region should be eligible to roll.
    Should auto roll and mail you the item if you're offline when the kill happens, otherwise it would just encourage people to be online all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Loot council because it actually rewards dedication and performance, and allows distribution of loot to who needs it the most, rather than who stockpiled the most DKP.

I was in a DKP guild all throughout retail WOTLK, and it sucked. There was frequent drama over loot, people bidding each other up and pushing bids super high just to drain other peoples' DKP, having to pass on loot to save DKP for other things you wanted, etc.

The whole DKP meta-game was just an unnecessary layer of stress/tension/drama in the raid environment. Loot council can keep track of attendance anyway and use it to help make decisions, so DKP isn't really needed.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2019-04-27 at 09:31 PM.

I prefer EPGP. It worked fine for my one of my longer term guilds over the years. We maintained a bench, which allowed manipulating who gets to go/get the loot.

Personally I do not like loot council because experience with it. In short, despite my reliability and performance I got denied a certain legendary over and over, because of fear that I may leave to a better guild. So I let go of them & lived happily ever after.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Personal, tradable loot thanks. DKP and loot council always cause unnecessary drama.
    VOTING IS MOB RULE AND MOB RULE IS MEDIA RULE AND
    MEDIA RULE IS CORPORATE RULE

Quote Originally Posted by Axxil View Post
    Personal, tradable loot thanks. DKP and loot council always cause unnecessary drama.
    Personal loot isn't vanilla.

DKP is drama-intensive, sure, but loot council only causes drama if it's a shitty/corrupt loot council.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link item, call for people who need it to /roll. Winner gets item.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    U get these shitty loot council when u do loot council in a normal/hc "raiding" guild

Actual mythic guilds got proper lootcouncil, but im guessing u have zero experience with that
    And that's why blizzard removed it. Because mythic raiders never abused it and there were never problems with distribution. Oh wait. There were massive problems. There was a minority that had tantrums when personal loot was finally forced on mythic raiders but there were more that applauded the move.

Loot council invites corruption by its very nature. The level you raid does not determine the level of corruption.

I will be (if I even bother) will just go with rolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Let me change it from mythic guild to "actual raiding guild and not one of those cesspool guilds" will have proper lootcouncil.

People who will be fucked by "shittty lootcouncil" are in these cesspool guilds and they should see all the redflags even before they set foot in a raid.
    Except not really because the players who do this get blacklisted and their guild dies. They won't get into another decent guild and they won't be able to run a guild either. With no realm changes and no name changes(hopefully they keep through with those in terms of no changes) they'll be essentially fucked without releveling. This is how it worked in actual Vanilla, it's how it will work in Classic. Reputation was EVERYTHING in Vanilla.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Personal loot. It killed so much guild drama

If your guild doesn't use LC it's a huge red flag.

I think any serious guild in Classic will need to use DKP/EPGP or something similar. I didn't raid Vanilla but in BC my guild was a mix of EPGP and (thankfully unbiased) Loot Council. They would take things like overall guild contribution into consideration, so if you helped guildies in Heroics and the likes for gearing/attunements that put you above someone who simply logged in for raid and pissed off afterwards, even if they have more EP than you. If 2 equally valued members needed an item, it went to EP to buy it, that system worked flawlessly for the entirety of BC. It built a great roster of players who were willing to help if needed and there was a lot of trust between us all.

I personally won't be joining a guild that exclusively uses LC or Need/Greed rolls as it's far too convoluted and as so many others have said, wide open to corruption especially with loot trading being a thing in Raids.

The guild I was in that had DKP caused a lot of drama because whomever was in the lead would sit on their DKP in order to get juicier items, like binding or Drakefang Tailsmen or Neltharon's Tear or whatever. The better guilds were done with loot council, we had a system where if an officer was in on an item they were not involved in determining the recipient, which worked out fairly well. Most of the time it was deciding between two people, or we would just have people roll if it was something particularly contentious but not particularly valuable.

10+ Year Old Account
    loot council is best for server first guilds, some form of dkp/epgp is best for regular guilds

the problem is when bad guilds think they're good enough to succeed with loot council

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Rolling on an item when it drops.

I always favour loot council.

When I do loot council it essentially ends up being a round robin with priorities, you take something this drop then the next drop is 99% going to someone else. Your raid should be there for each other and the experience not just to snuffle loot with a DKP system, all of which seem to(especially in Vanilla whereby from an individual perspective loot is scarce) prompt antithetical raid progress behaviour. Suicide kings is by far the worst imo the penalty for taking loot can be far far too great. I have always approached this from the perspective everyone is going to get everything they want eventually or something better and not only that, by being in my raid that is actually part of your obligation.

We adopted loot council in wrath but honestly that was easy because of the smaller raid sizes and we could actually wing it. In a 40 man you are nigh guaranteed a couple of problematic differences: More people will be absent and the experience will be a lot more drawn out(basically loot scarcity) so people are going to get a lot more antsy when there is a system they cannot keep track of.

No one knows what the situation is going to be with vanilla just yet. If you are going to have a high turnover raid with a lot of casuals you really need a DKP system. I ran a late night 25 man pug in ICC and it worked with the hybrid DKP system + casuals because the core raid had everything off our regular cleared bosses that they could possibly want so it was free rolls.

That *might* still work in vanilla where I am personally expecting there to be a lot more cases of people turning up then just not. No matter how much you stress the point it seems that you always find people who revert to "wow is just game" so they can freely piss over your organisational effort and tell you to get over it.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.