Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The worst thing you can do is tell someone there art is perfect when it's not. Activision Blizzard made a really bad expansion and they need to be told that.
    You don't need to be an ass about it, though. That's just a good way of getting your critique ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Don't ask them why are people negative. They are because they are negative themselves for no good reason.
    I'm sure they will think they have a million one reason why BFA is shit but list is quite short:

1. Story is shit.
    2. Classes are shit.
    3. Gameplay is shit.
    4. Fire [fill in name of a dev]!!!
    5. [Pick something] is boring!!!

Now, when you look at the list, one who embraces shallow opinion like this and actually think that is an opinion, will come to a conclusion "Everything is shit, so game is shit". Shallow people are usually negative. Rotten apples.
    I don't disagree that the content is not good. I disagree in the way you explain it.
    "Story is shit", instead of shit, shit, shit, shit. Explain why is it shit. Seriously, i might love wasting my "breath" to just be pooped on. I might even consider being masochist or something because i put myself in this trying to get my point across and i know in the end people will just say what they want and not understand that communication is key and if you just shout out words as "it's shit" will bring nothing good or any ideas for blizzard to understand what is good and what is shit exactly.
    I need to name everything, a mega thread or something with the list detailed on classes, content, game-play and just post it. And i bet when i do that, there will be people still saying, nope this is not it and others saying yes i agree. Or "nope, just blizzard entirely is a shit company". Why ARE YOU HERE MAN? For real. Stop playing the game. At that point you're just here for the sake of it. I just want a pillow to hide and close my eyes, you know that meme: Fate in humanity restored? That's the opposite when i see stuff like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    There is nothing positive about BFA so what exactly do you expect? God damn white knight's.
    Not true

The musical score, the world design, mythic +, the raids, all very good this expansion and have received plenty of praise.

The only down sides I hear most about are class deisgn, azerite armor, warfronts, and inconsistent lore.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-05-03 at 10:47 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

If the expansion and Blizzard as a whole wasn't in the situation it's in then there would be less criticism.

You make a bad product you get criticised. That's how the world works. If we didn't criticise bad products then Samsung wouldn't be under fire for the issues with their folding phone for example.

Yes.

And it's been a fact for nearing a decade by now. The speculation threads and world first threads tend to be the only ones somewhat free, but even those the usual suspects (always the same crowd) will enter because they need to let everyone know they don't enjoy the game currently.

Reddit is also a good place to be, it tends to have constructive feedback rather than the knee-jerk childlike arguments of "Blizz dun care" filled with hyperbole and victim mentality. Such posts tend to be downvoted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You don't need to be an ass about it, though. That's just a good way of getting your critique ignored.
    That is very true. Some people get way to mad over shit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes.

And it's been a fact for nearing a decade by now. The speculation threads and world first threads tend to be the only ones somewhat free, but even those the usual suspects (always the same crowd) will enter because they need to let everyone know they don't enjoy the game currently.

Reddit is also a good place to be, it tends to have constructive feedback rather than the knee-jerk childlike arguments of "Blizz dun care" filled with hyperbole and victim mentality. Such posts tend to be downvoted.
    Anything negative gets downvoted to oblivion in reddit so you can't see it, same would happen here if such a system existed.

Negativity = drama = entertaining

Forced positivity + ass-kissing = zzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yes.

See? Words of wisdom. Constructive feedback, that is what the world needs. No one bear living in a world full of drama and negativity. It affects us and our moods way too much. Be less rough with yourself and others, no one is saying you can't say this product is not good, you SHOULD SAY this product is bad, but they will receive the feedback regardless, if it's said in a way it makes sense it will even make them think about it, rather than just ignoring due to the feedback having no content. Sit and wait, or bail. Help them as a community. Thank you for your understanding! It has put a smile on my face.

Welcome to the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

When public opinion starts to turn its obviously the public's fault. -white knight 101

10+ Year Old Account
    The community tried the constructive criticism approach during alpha and beta, look where that got us... Absolutely nowhere.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    The community tried the constructive criticism approach during alpha and beta, look where that got us... Absolutely nowhere.
    Exactly. Can't fault the majority of the community now for being annoyed when Beta feedback is being ignored when that's the stage they should be taking it into consideration.

BfA deserves every bit of dirt slung at it.
    After WoW being a truly good & fun game for so many years the design/development team delivered a 1/10 expansion in terms of GAMEplay.

It all started a nose dive in WOD and Legion looked like it could be a start of something better but then BfA did a violent diarrhea in the playerbases face.
    Right now WoW/BfA is so shallow and boring that chinese-made hack&slash grind games have more class depth and interesting gameplay than what BfA offers.

Its a truly shameful display what blizzard has done with BfA and what they tried to sell as a blizzard product and a WoW expansion...
    Last edited by Aleksej89; 2019-05-03 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchPrime View Post
    Anything negative gets downvoted to oblivion in reddit so you can't see it, same would happen here if such a system existed.
    I sincerely doubt that would happen on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Annka View Post
    Music team, art team, developers team. Why being so negative? Have we all forgotten what it means being a human? Are you the best in your job? You try but are you? Criticism is part of us to develop in our career, our personality, social practical and theoretical but when too much negativity comes around saying everyone should be fired seems more like a desire of wanting for Blizzard-Activision just completely disappear and take them down from one way or another, simply because they don't exceed your expectations as a gamer, that's childish, uncreative, shows lack of respect. In the second you try take a company down, your advantage to have a reason on the arguments just vanish. Because it stops being arguments to just talk bad and have no sense, since the only objective is to destroy the company from it's core.

Wake up! You're no god to be disrespectful to blizzard the way you are. Decontaminate, purge all that anger you have inside yourself. Come up yourself with concepts, structures, detailed explanations and try it best yourself and in the end you'll see you probably you have the same issues as blizzard and give them more value. They want money, ye and so what? So do you. Do you work for what? Because you don't need money? You don't have taxes either? That's even the reason why you don't like to give them money to their game when it doesn't reach the state you want to reach because you need it for in real life bills and taxes and not waste in something you can't enjoy. Marketing and merchandising will always be part of the present days now more than ever and there's nothing you can do about it but to accept, that's the system we have in the whole world. Having passion in what they do and pleasing everyone it's not a simple thing to do as some people paint it to be. As you do all like different things, maybe so does the team. New workers maybe don't even have much experience but if the company don't take anyone then you'll have the company destroyed forever. Is this what you want? In all honesty? Talk about the issues, do what you please, but DO NOT tell blizzard who they need to fire, that's between the company and the company itself. This much negativity surrounding everything blizzard do ends up being the reason why we can't appreciate anything they do at some point because "we" are so used to criticize "them" that will instantly be disqualified everything they do.

They failed on expansions? They failed on content? Comment about it, say you're not enjoying it but to the point you start criticizing Ion in the most horrible way possible, saying they are terrible, you even put down the positive spirit he might have, even if it's a little, and the more you complain and say the company sucks, the less effort they decide to have because "no one is happy with anything we do". With this kind of pressure there's only 2 options you might see:
    1. They get so tired of being criticized and stop trying and you'll see everyday more lazy design, content, etc or
    2. They will actually try and get better

But the 2nd one is so hard to keep up when you feel you let down a whole community and you don't know how to get out of that hole.
    Please, have more conscious to what you say and think before you speak/type. When i say "you" i mean in general cause i really don't know how to talk in particular when it's a big part of a community, if you feel you're not part of this, don't take it personally.

I mean I get what you want to say, but you are so entitled that I can only laugh.

5+ Year Old Account
    I still play out of self hate....

Yeah, people are pretty negative. They always have been on the forums. You are right, there is a difference between being critical and being negative and a lot of people fail to walk that line well. I'm just as guilty of this. The answer is no, they are not helping and are in fact making things worse for everyone by endlessly stomping their feet and whining. That said, making a big and long ranty post also serves to fuel those flames more. The best you or I can do is be fair, level headed, and point out when they're not being honest.

I would give a lot to retcon BFA into a "lazy" plot that does not totally fuck over a universe i have loved for 15 years.

Nobody is perfect, sure, but if you come in and destroy something people love just because you think you are better at writing than anybody before you...then sorry: you are an asshole. If you truely believe in your skills so much, create a spinoff, throw it at your audience and see how it fares. No need to destroy the original.

Blizzard has gone to shit. They are ruining games that were once great and made most of us fans of them. That's why there is negativity everywhere.