Thread: Home Invasions

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    City I live in has 1.5M people.

2017 - 74 Home Invasions
    2018 - 58 Home Invasions

So there's what? around 0.00005% chance of being a victim of a home invasion?

I don't understand the desire to own a gun and dream of the day someone walks through your front door so you can murder them ... must be an American thing.
    That's probably a big comfort to the people it does happen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    I never suggested it was a comfort to the people it's happened to, but living every day in fear (or in excitement?) that you'll need a gun to protect yourself from something has such a statistically low chance of happening is not a life I'd enjoy living.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    You mean they dont allow you to buy 56 different guns ''because a lunatic told me on the radio that the gubinment is going to turn the frog gays with fluor and somehow I need a big manly gun to fight against that'' ?
    Nice tone! No point trying to have a discussion with you. Thanks for warning me

Yet the usual suspects peddles that someone who don't go to the bathroom with a huge glock is not really a man, since ''liburals'' or ''terrorists'' could attack him there. You need to hide tons of guns in every room, cause bandits can attack you anytime ! They need an AK-47 to go to the Walmart in Wisconsin, in case there was a second slaver uprising and they need to join in.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-06 at 09:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    A lot of non-home owners in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dubious_doomhammer View Post
    I never suggested it was a comfort to the people it's happened to, but living every day in fear (or in excitement?) that you'll need a gun to protect yourself from something has such a statistically low chance of happening is not a life I'd enjoy living.
    I dont look forward to it happening but I'd rather be prepared in case it does. Rather own a gun and never need it than need it and not have it. House fires arent super common either but I keep fire extinguishers.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    If the sun exploded and in eight minutes the shockwave was going to hit the earth... would you be prepared? This is why everyone needs an interstellar ship. Insanely uncommon and low odd things happen. Be prepared.
    It would be late since the guy entering my house before would be an kind alien keeping me and my family safe on another planet to repopulate, with some friends and nude lingerie models !

Yet the usual suspects peddles that someone who don't go to the bathroom with a huge glock is not really a man, since ''liburals'' or ''terrorists'' could attack him there. You need to hide tons of guns in every room, cause bandits can attack you anytime ! They need an AK-47 to go to the Walmart in Wisconsin, in case there was a lynching and they had to provide security for the event.

(Yes, I'm flat out saying that lunatic with guns never lifted a finger to defend American citizens threatened by the government, unless they are child molesters like David Koresh. I wonder why this sow that killed actual cops is lionized by the usual suspects as a martyr. I really wonder why)
    Koresh isnt lionized. Waco is used as an example of the government heavy handedness and willingness to lie to cover up their fuck ups. Ruby ridge is another example.

Actually the ak47 in Walmart is a good idea. Might get decent service that way.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    A lot of non-home owners in this thread.
    Property values must be abysall, below ones in Caracas, if you ACTUALLY need a gun in every piece to ''fend of an all star team of international terrorists''

- - - Updated - - -

Koresh isnt lionized. Waco is used as an example of the government heavy handedness and willingness to lie to cover up their fuck ups. Ruby ridge is another example.

Actually the ak47 in Walmart is a good idea. Might get decent service that way.
    Oh yes, because child molestation and firing on federal agents is not grounds for immediate execution, if you have lots of big boom-boom sticks. Unlike robbing 50 dollars of liquor at a convenience store if you are not white.

(Because yes, don't play pretend : the usual suspects advocate for the immediate execution by random gun owners of people robbing convenience stores, but cry that the poor David Koresh was a victim of the mean police. That must be because he had so many big and manly boom boom sticks that make lots of noise that he was ''a gud guy'' and thus had permission.)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-06 at 10:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Property values must be abysall, below ones in Caracas, if you ACTUALLY need a gun in every piece to ''fend of an all star team of international terrorists''
    Not necessarily true.

And that's somewhat disingenuous of you to equate it that way.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yes, because child molestation and firing on federal agents is not grounds for immediate execution, if you have lots of big boom-boom sticks. Unlike robbing 50 dollars of liquor at a convenience store if you don't have the most valuable gun of them all, the one in your pants, of the correct color.
    So killing koresh was worth the collateral damage of burning a bunch of kids alive and others as well?

Quote Originally Posted by FaceYourself View Post
    Not necessarily true.

And that's somewhat disingenuous of you to equate it that way.
    Simpsons, ''And Maggie Made Three''.

- - - Updated - - -

So killing koresh was worth the collateral damage of burning a bunch of kids alive and others as well?
    Well, I dunno, if this had been in other countries, the same would advocate for dropping MOABs on the town.

What gave Koresh a free pass to commit child molestation and impregnate teenagers ? Does this work with the manliness of his arsenal, a Desert Eagle giving him permission to get them younger than a mere Beretta ? I'm asking because the usual suspects usually advocate for immediate execution of petty thieves (if Americans) or random dudes (if they have names like ''Amir'' or ''Manuelo'') and are curiously lenient and understanding for a pretty major criminals. For people who advocate drone strikes on protesters with ''frack white people'' t-shirts, they are very open minded for a cult leader who killed actual cops.

(Yes, I know, the usual suspects, because of their guns, have the permission to choose which laws they follow and which ones they don't and thus who are ''GOOD COPS'' and ''BAD COPS''. GOOD COPS include alleged law enforcement in the deep south in 1960 for instance)
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-05-06 at 10:23 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I dunno, if this had been in other countries, the same would advocate for dropping MOABs on the town.

What gave Koresh a free pass to commit child molestation and impregnate teenagers ? Does this work with the manliness of his arsenal, a Desert Eagle giving him permission to get them younger than a mere Beretta ? I'm asking because the usual suspects usually advocate for immediate execution of petty thieves (if Americans) or random dudes (if they have names like ''Amir'' or ''Manuelo'') and are curiously lenient and understanding for a pretty major criminals. For people who advocate drone strikes on protesters with ''frack white people'' t-shirts, they are very open minded for a cult leader who killed actual cops.

(Yes, I know, the usual suspects, because of their guns, have the permission to choose which laws they follow and which ones they don't and thus who are ''GOOD COPS'' and ''BAD COPS''. GOOD COPS include alleged law enforcement in the deep south in 1960 for instance)
    Koresh deserved to be arrested or killed if he resisted. But I expect more from the government than driving a tank into a building and starting a fire that killed children they knew were in there.

Koresh deserved to be arrested or killed if he resisted. But I expect more from the government than driving a tank into a building and starting a fire that killed children they knew were in there.
    It depends. From the Canadian government, yes, answering with brutal firepower to any threat would be peculiar. In other countries….

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exuberance View Post
    If someone were to walk in your front door and refuse to leave, and start roughing up your family, would you be prepared?

Or, what if you invited someone over, and things turned ugly, and they refused to leave, what would you do?

Or what if you didn't invite someone over, and they were just creepy and were stalking you, and they snuck into your house, and refused to leave you alone? What would you do? Would you be prepared?

As someone who has always advocated against guns and always tried to look for solutions around using violence, I've constantly wondered exactly how I could deal with a situation like you can see in some horror movies or in the news when I'm not sure if I'd want to use such force. I know the automatic solution is just to call the police, but exactly how do you do that if you're pinned down or things go down pretty fast?
    If you live in the US it depends on what state you live in. Some states there are castle doctrine laws where I can blast your ass with out thinking twice. Others that I could only use lethal force if lethal force was an imminent threat against you or others. Otherwise any action could cause you to be the criminal. Then there are those that you really can't do jack no matter what and you'll end up in prison longer than the perpetrator would.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smityx View Post
    If you live in the US it depends on what state you live in. Some states there are castle doctrine laws where I can blast your ass with out thinking twice. Others that I could only use lethal force if lethal force was an imminent threat against you or others. Otherwise any action could cause you to be the criminal. Then there are those that you really can't do jack no matter what and you'll end up in prison longer than the perpetrator would.
    Yes it does depend on what state you live in. But to make a point, 32 states have a castle doctrine law, to help protect the home owner if they take lethal action to stop a intruder. So most states have such a law. Your other points are well taken however. But like the old saying goes, " I rather be caught with self protection ( insert tool ), than without it. "
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Darya View Post
    I don't trust the police at all after an incident I had when I was younger. I had dropped of a friend at home after a party and this guy just starts following me, I made weird turns to see if he was following me or not, so I called the police to tell them I'm being followed by someone. Did they care to send anyone? No. I ended up calling my father to go meet me and he brought his rifle. I stopped where I told my father to meet, called the police again and said he's still following me, my father had parked further down the road and this guy comes and blocks my car off, gets out and starts walking towards my car when my father fires the rifle. They heard my father firing the rifle and suddenly they had a shitload of patrols to send. What the fuck? We only had to resort to that because of them not sending anyone to deal with that guy.
    First off, props to your dad. That's how you handle business. But you're right, it shouldn't have to have gone down that way. Did your father get in trouble? It would be a travesty if he did and the creeper who tried to attack you didn't.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    First off, props to your dad. That's how you handle business. But you're right, it shouldn't have to have gone down that way. Did your father get in trouble? It would be a travesty if he did and the creeper who tried to attack you didn't.
    Would depend on where his dad discharged the weapon I would think.

And to make the dependence on the police for protection even less of a way of self preservation, the US Supreme Court ruled the police departments have no legal requirement to save anyone. Their job is to enforce the law.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Would depend on where his dad discharged the weapon I would think.

And to make the dependence on the police for protection even less of a way of self preservation, the US Supreme Court ruled the police departments have no legal requirement to save anyone. Their job is to enforce the law.
    Oh I know, but she's not in the US, so I don't know how that would go down where she is.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

i think sarah tasher's algorithim is broken again.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.