Poll: How would you pay for Diablo 4?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    You realize you are saying this about a company that sells virtual horses for twenty five dollars, right?

While also charging a subscription and selling the base game and expansions?
    And all of those are cosmetic stuff. The mounts aren't faster than the mounts we got in the game, nor do they have special effects like not dismounting when dazed.

My trust in their ability to fairly monetize the game will cease the moment they add game-play changing things like selling heroic/mythic raid gear in the shop. Things that would affect my progress in the game.

"Buy once, free forever" is a weird creepy statement to me.

Also, don't you have phones?

What the fuck is going in this world. Are you so desperate to throw cash? You can just send it to me if buying the game is not enough and you feel the need to constantly feed it cash.

Or just find some fucked up pay to win crap and go all out there. Why do you need to spread the cancer?
    Last edited by Firedemon; 2019-10-15 at 03:02 PM.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i literally have no hope for Diablo 4 be any good or any different then D3 if im honest here .. the sheer difference in D3 Compared to D2 was just sooo huge that it made D3 not even a Diablo game besides that there is Diablo lore characters in game but thats it.

IF by any chance Blizzard pulls off Miracle and made D4 like a real Diablo game with regular Content Updates and not these shit Season Themed garbage that is now which does literally nothing to keep it fresh instead in a scale of PoE's League i gladly pay for the game + even sub fee but this won't probably happen anyway

Seeing gaming is headed to the shitter in general.. As long as there won't be an rng based microtransaction system am fine with anything really. Though not, if they aren't selling shortcuts or power.

I am currently playing Division 2 and i am genuinely happy about the pricing system. You pay the full game - every update is free. You can get the season pass but this only unlocks cosmetics and 1 week jumpstart on new story content, which is completely and totally negligible in the game structure. You have lootboxes (meh) but they're cosmetics only, and you drop plenty of keys to get your stuff without buying anything; you can buy more keys but that's it. Events are perfectly doable without spending a dime - i don't play much and i am able to do everything.

So, something like this can perfectly work. Everyone gets the same content. Paying more adds more cosmetic frisk but nothing more than that (really, the only annoying thing was the season pass automatically unlock the new specializations, but they have reworked the whole questline and now it's much much better and absolutely doable in a short time for who doesn't own the season pass).
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I believe that the RMAH could have worked (still can, possibly). The problem in D3 was that it made the game actually pay to win. The trade/sell system should have been different, I guess.

Same as Diablo 3. Base game + eventual expansions.

I already responded, but I'd like to add that they should make Diablo 4 with many worthwhile content to buy every x months.
    I like Content, and I am ready to pay if it is -worthwhile-. Emphasis: worthwhile; not like content that should have been in the base game for example.

Good Content>farming in my book. I don't even know I will play Diablo 4 because apart the Crusader, I am not a real fan of demons and such, but a few dollars/Euros for new content every x months/weeks is priceless if you factor the time you pass in the game... I am actually surprised this route doesn't get any vote here.