Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So, there already might be the first case of the new law being... Lets say, misused:
    https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...dismissed.html

"A woman whose unborn baby was killed in a 2018 Pleasant Grove shooting has now been indicted in the death.

Marshae Jones, a 27-year-old Birmingham woman, was indicted by a Jefferson County grand jury on a manslaughter charge. She was taken into custody on Wednesday.

Though Jones didn’t fire the shots that killed her unborn baby girl, authorities say she initiated the dispute that led to the gunfire. Police initially charged 23-year-old Ebony Jemison with manslaughter, but the charge against Jemison was dismissed after the grand jury failed to indict her."
    You have done fucked up. And this, obviously, will not be the end of it.

The 5-month fetus was "dependent on its mother to try to keep it from harm, and she shouldn’t seek out unnecessary physical altercations,” Reid added.

5 months is pretty far along. It's not murder on her part but it could be one of the lesser charges, like when you accidentally back over someone with your car and kill them. It was an accident but you can still go to jail.

It might not have anything to do with abortion.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I guess it's time to triple the size of police departments so they have the manpower to investigate every woman's late period and miscarriage.

Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    The 5-month fetus was "dependent on its mother to try to keep it from harm, and she shouldn’t seek out unnecessary physical altercations,” Reid added.

5 months is pretty far along. It's not murder on her part but it could be one of the lesser charges, like when you accidentally back over someone with your car and kill them. It was an accident but you can still go to jail.

It might not have anything to do with abortion.
    But it does though because it considers the fetus a person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    So, there already might be the first case of the new law being... Lets say, misused:

i thought the law considered the death of a fetus during a crime a murder?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

These types of things have always been criminalized, so I can't say this is the new law in action. She started the fight that caused it so she ended up being charged.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i thought the law considered the death of a fetus during a crime a murder?
    It still does, but they somehow turned it against her. Sure, she made a huge mistake, but the "translation" of the law is just retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    These types of things have always been criminalized, so I can't say this is the new law in action. She started the fight that caused it so she ended up being charged.
    Yeah, but she did not kill her own child. If this passes, it will open a huge can of worms. Fell down of stairs and miscarried? To jail. Just an example.