Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Helping other people is illegal?
    Boost runs for real money were illegal in classic. They are not illegal anymore nowadays. Thanks to tokens.

And as i said, they are epidemic. Means, they are the standard nowadays. The gold tokens blizzard sells turned WoW into a marketplace for gameplay.

Oh, and you call boosting people for money "helping"?

What kind of understanding do you have for "helping others"?

Do you call buying services "helping"?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    OYu have no way of knowing if that will be true or not. For all you know, people level their toons to 60 then realize there is nothing to do and quit. Classic's inbuilt mechanics guarantee nothing.
    Well what crowd are we talking about here lol? The ~2million people playing retail or the vast pool of players that have played and quit this game in the past ~15 years because it isnt the game they originally fell in love with?

I think that is the problem we are running into with this conversation, you believe the only possible crowd for classic are people that are currently playing retail. The neckbeards are ready and waiting in droves, i think you will see that on august 27th

Quote Originally Posted by Methodd View Post
    In all fairness we haven't exactly seen gold sellers go away on retail anyway. Blizzard should have kept fighting the idea of paying real money for an in game advantage instead of grabbing a piece of the pie.
    They make a lot of money with tokens. It is very unlikely they will close that pandoras box again.

Quote Originally Posted by duselsteiner View Post
    They make a lot of money with tokens. It is very unlikely they will close that pandoras box again.
    They stated at the beta reveal event there is going to be no WoW token on classic

I never fought or talked to anyone from the "hur dur nostalgia" club, because when someone treats you like they know better than you do about your feelings, you can see what kind of person you are going to deal with.

Haters gonna hate. If you really like it, you probably will enjoy it again if you have the time. If you never tried it, well, you can always give it a go and check if you enjoy it instead of following the pack.

Personally, i really enjoyed it back then, and i missed it. The 2 times i gave it a go on private servers, i really enjoyed it aswel. Now that there is going to be an official way to play it, if i have the time i'll give it a go for sure. Couldn't care less about people hating, just like i don't really care about people making it sound so much better from what it really is. If you want to play it, and you can afford it (money/time), just do it. I don't understand why so many people is butthurt about others doing things different from their likings honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    They stated at the beta reveal event there is going to be no WoW token on classic
    So we will have a lot of job opportunities for gold farmers then.

Lets see if there will be more players than farming bots after the classic realms aged a lot.

Well what crowd are we talking about here lol? The ~2million people playing retail or the vast pool of players that have played and quit this game in the past ~15 years because it isnt the game they originally fell in love with?

I think that is the problem we are running into with this conversation, you believe the only possible crowd for classic are people that are currently playing retail. The neckbeards are ready and waiting in droves, i think you will see that on august 27th
    And when nostalgia wears off and they remember just how bad the game actually was, they will go right back to unsubbing. YOu are grossly underestimating nostalgia. Those neckbeards waiting in droves will get board, especially when nostalgia wears off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post

tl;dr - its one random on youtube who no one has ever heard of, and there are dozens of videos saying the opposite - ppl who wanted classic so badly, but after playing the beta dont like it.
    Lmao, Venruki is a random youtuber that nobody has ever heard of?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    And when nostalgia wears off and they remember just how bad the game actually was, they will go right back to unsubbing. YOu are grossly underestimating nostalgia. Those neckbeards waiting in droves will get board, especially when nostalgia wears off.
    I agree. When it launches, it will be the most hyped, watched, and enjoyed launch in the history of the game. Then it will crash so hard people's heads will be spinning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lunareste View Post
    Lmao, Venruki is a random youtuber that nobody has ever heard of?
    You'd be surprised how many people play this game have no clue who the big streamers/youtubers are.

I didn't know who he was until I started watching Method's streams recently.

Either way, he's one person. Let's see what happens when it launches.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    1. It's one guy.
    2. It's been, what, 3 days of beta? I don't think most "classic naysayers" were claiming it would instantly fail.
    3. Three days after new expansion launches, forums are usually filled with "this is amazing", regardless of how it eventually turns out. Hype works both for retail and classic.
    4. You could just as easily find people claiming the opposite, though I doubt making a video titled "I didn't change my mind" is nearly as exciting.
    Been watching multiple streamers having fun in classic. Most of them were vocal about how bad classic was going to be.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Ofcourse it's fun, ofcourse it's golden age. Only people who didn't play vanilla and TBC will say differently. Fuck them and fuck their overused meme rose tinted glasses. You were wrong and you can go fuck yourself in Boreanalus.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So just to be clear - this dude is a complete random that nobody has ever heard of
    Er....what?

Have a word with yourself. Venruki is one of the best PVPers the game has seen.

Its a success already my dude
    Saying "it's a success already" barely a week into beta is... disingenuous at best. Remember the "success" that was Fallout 76 at launch/early release? Or Anthem? "Success" can only be determined by looking at the number of active players throughout the months after its release and see if the population holds up. And considering we don't have access to such information, claiming either way is, again, disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post

You'd be surprised how many people play this game have no clue who the big streamers/youtubers are.

I didn't know who he was until I started watching Method's streams recently.
    Come on dude, he's one of the most famous Mages of all time that has in-game characters and achievements dedicated to him. I was going to give that guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trolling (it was a pretty good troll tbf)

It's a bit sad that the haters have no idea what they are missing out on, Classic is already generating some incredible organic moments. For example there was just a 40v40 world PvP battle between streamers in Arathi Highlands

This is going to reinvigorate WoW in a big way, everyone should be happy, even retailers who just do world quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong?

Depends on what sections.

Naysayer?

Depends on what we said 'Nay' for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

beta didn't change my mind

yeah it's nice to see world before changes but gameplay is still bad

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviant010 View Post
    For years I have read people (who probably pretend to have played vanilla) on this forum saying vanilla was bad and people think it was great because of nostalgia. Now classic beta is open we can finally have a fair comparison and it's funny to see how the nay sayers admit they were wrong after playing beta.

and when he hits level 60 then starts doing nothing but frostbolt in raid, we shall see if he still enjoys it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    Come on dude, he's one of the most famous Mages of all time that has in-game characters and achievements dedicated to him. I was going to give that guy the benefit of the doubt and assume he was trolling (it was a pretty good troll tbf)

It's a bit sad that the haters have no idea what they are missing out on, Classic is already generating some incredible organic moments. For example there was just a 40v40 world PvP battle between streamers in Arathi Highlands

This is going to reinvigorate WoW in a big way, everyone should be happy, even retailers who just do world quests.
    I'm being legit serious. I barely pay attention to WoW "personalities." In fact, I only watched Finalbosstv casually, and watched Sco and Sloot's streams from time to time. So no, I had no clue who he was until recently.

I do not know what i am missing out on. Because I did not play in Vanilla. But I certainly have reservations about playing it due to the amount of scathing vitriol I saw from the pro-classic crowd during the heyday of the debate. If they are that nasty online, who knows how bad they will be in-game.

I honestly hope it does well. Anything that gets people to WoW is a good thing. Because when I do have a chance ot play again, I want to take my son through dungeons and raid with him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    and when he hits level 60 then starts doing nothing but frostbolt in raid, we shall see if he still enjoys it then.
    Game.

Set.

Match.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post

Game.

Set.

Match.
    I am fine with this kinda play style, i will play classic alot, but for a man like him, once he hits raiding, the game changes, its no longer "cast firebolt, then forst bolt to slow, and use cone of cold, and..."

its literally just frostbolt, constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HavokHeart View Post
    Been watching multiple streamers having fun in classic. Most of them were vocal about how bad classic was going to be.
    Again, people were hyper about WoD during the first week and look how it turned out in the end. This is also how many MMORPG "reviews" look like, judging the whole product based on the first impression. Hell, you could start leveling a new class and everything seems so much better and more fun at first.

I'm pretty sure none of these people even hit the actual "hard" points in the leveling, where you had to travel a huge amount for piddly exp, unless you knew all the obscure areas. Especially if they didn't save enough money for a mount yet. It was quite a nuisance when compared to the earlier levels.

Also (since I'm not about to watch some random people on Youtube) don't they play with friends/in groups? That's quite a bit different from a random nobody play the game on their own and relying on pugs... if at all.

There's zero proof that Classic is a success or a failure yet - even ignoring the fact that it's merely a beta. And, to be cynical - Asmongold certainly made a ton of money in just few hours of streaming. Who knows if "naysayers" didn't see that and go "hmm... maybe hyping it up a bit more than I actually feel like is a good idea"?

Again, four days now. Huge hype. Too early for rational analysis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    beta didn't change my mind

yeah it's nice to see world before changes but gameplay is still bad
    Same here... did it all 15 years ago. I'll probably play it a bit once it launches, depending on how many guildies will be interested - but I don't see it as a second coming of WoW.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2019-05-19 at 10:27 PM.