Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnok View Post
    Right now this game hemorrhages gear. I have 5 120s and I can't name one piece of gear on any of them, its all generic. I'm pretty sure if anyone is being honest with themselves they can name 5 pieces of gear from vanilla before they can name 5 pieces from BfA even if you haven't played vanilla.

The only pieces I can name from vanilla are legendary’s same for every other expan other then wrath where I know the name of a whopping one item.

You really don't get 10 pieces of gear per day. This will get a bit deep and isn't meant for most, but if anything I think the intended design, at least for casuals outside of raiding, is 1-2 "guaranteed" upgrades a week with less than a single useful piece of gear per day. Keep in mind that gear from different sources has a different chance of warforging/titanforging. To us it all looks like RNG, but on Blizzard's end the gear progression is entirely deliberate and calculated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    The only pieces I can name from vanilla are legendary’s same for every other expan other then wrath where I know the name of a whopping one item.
    Then you didn't try too hard.

Vanilla: Perdition's blade, barman's shanker, headmaster's charge, bone bow, quel'serrar, benediction/anethema, etc.

I can name important items up til about mop then items became less and less memorable, now I can't name a single piece of gear i want or have anymore because the item doesn't matter, only the ilvl does.

I mean if you play for a few hours on the classic beta you'll get 10 pieces of vendor trash loot a day too. The only difference is in classic the vendor trash gear is green instead of purple.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then you didn't try too hard.

Vanilla: Perdition's blade, barman's shanker, headmaster's charge, bone bow, quel'serrar, benediction/anethema, etc.

I can name important items up til about mop then items became less and less memorable, now I can't name a single piece of gear i want or have anymore because the item doesn't matter, only the ilvl does.
    You know what your right I didn’t try hard enough because I can name a whole two items from wrath, Quel'Delar and papa’s bag from the forge of souls. I can name almost every zone every almost every dungeon every raid Proabbly even most raid bosses. But for gear those are the only two other then legendary’s.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I mean if you play for a few hours on the classic beta you'll get 10 pieces of vendor trash loot a day too. The only difference is in classic the vendor trash gear is green instead of purple.
    Most of the easy gear drops in BfA would be GREEN too, if ilvl resets would go with item color resets aswell.

This whole topic only shows, how some people have real difficultys to distinguish ilvl-ranges for the current content a la TF-max > (-10)mythic > (-15)heroic > (-15)normal. And since we all know the reality is, that the "old" normal content is called heroic now, we only got a very small ilvl-range for meaningfull gearprogression in the current content. If you got anything under ilvl 400 right now, its allready a "green" item at best or lets call it what we call it since 14 years, crafting mats.

Blizzard can never win against ignorance. If they change ilvl item color every content patch, the "never-go-full-epic" players would complain and if they don't mask the ilvl gaps with colors and everything is "epic" you get threads like this, where people are overwhelmed with reading the tooltips.

If you ever argue about the need for LFR, just think for a second, that players like this, not able to understand the easiest gear system in the easiest MMO would end up in your groups, if there was no LFR option left. Classic will be great, with blue-gear overshadowing low epic-gear and people use crappy epic gear because of the hidden ilvl. Maybe the best reason to stay far away from classic.
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-05-24 at 05:29 AM.
    -

why do you care about the name of the item so much? it's not like you cannot identify an item without a name.

i know my rogue wants the "Tol-Dagor Dagger", and my monk needs the "Azerite shoulders from Yazma", enough info for me.
    on the other hand, i know for most of my alts the name of each azerite trait they need or should avoid and what trinkets are strong for cetain situations.

Tier-sets were only called T12 or whatever and noone argued with it.
    or trinkets that dropped of certain bosses being called "the [insert bossname here]-trinket".

as for amount of loot: as an enchanter on most of my alts i prefer getting my mats from WQs instead of grinding mobs for cloth to craft stuff to DE.
    and since we don't have a way to buy Expulsum yet, the scrapper being the only somewhat reliable way to get that stuff without changing your professions, i don't understand why you complain about more scrapper fodder.
    anyone who leveled engineering knows how much of that stupid stuff you need-.-

Quote Originally Posted by Theangryone View Post
    I get too much stuff I can't use so therefore less stuff I can't use is better because less stuff is harder. Random streamer. Vanilla.
    If all of it is useless then wouldn't it be good to just remove it? There is no longer any joy in gearing a new char, it's way too fast and predictable. Do WQs, get 325 ilvl gear from most, do the same quests next day and get 340, repeat until 385+.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    why do you care about the name of the item so much? it's not like you cannot identify an item without a name.
    Its the old "BiS - list" thinking, if you are done with it, you are done. The more appealing endless endgame with random generated powerlevel for an item (TF/socket) a la Path of Exile is the opposit to this.

The current system is the best we got for the majority of the playerbase, because it allows alternative gearing paths. The mythic hardcore raiders and the most casual players hate it, for opposite reasons - one side wants an articial gear wall and the most ignorant people are often the most vocal about things they don't understand.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You know what your right I didn’t try hard enough because I can name a whole two items from wrath, Quel'Delar and papa’s bag from the forge of souls. I can name almost every zone every almost every dungeon every raid Proabbly even most raid bosses. But for gear those are the only two other then legendary’s.
    Congrats, you're one of the few people who apparently doesn't care at all about gear.

Almost everyone can name major items from every expansion, except the last few where ilvl means more then anything.

I don't WANT ilvl to be the end all be all.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.

How is this healthy for the game? How is the game going to keep pace next expansion? 20 pieces of loot a day? Then 50? Items are already at that point where we simply don't care about them anymore. And with gear at the forefront of character progression this is alarming. Compare this to MoP where you'd be doing world quests (ie. dailies) for at least a week or two to get an item. And the item you'd get was actually decent. Now with RNG littered throughout the game you may never see an upgrade.

At some point Blizzard needs to completely scale down the astronomical gear inflation, beginning with Titanforging. We need to get back to sensible numbers of loot being distributed so we feel something when we get an item.
    Its not but blizzard doesnt care because it keeps the casuals around.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You are doing it wrong, if you compulsory go out and do every WQ that gives loot. Especially when you are already a higher ilv than what it rewards. Seek help ^^

Seriously. It could say "43 gold" as a reward, because that is how it vendors for. "Oh, this gives War resources or AP - I don't need it. How is this good for the game?"

And daily 5 mans have always given you the odd peice of gear. So buzz off, activities give a reward and my freshly dinged 120s alts like it.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the solution to this? Remove gear from WQs and the incentive to repeat them for ....a week to get to around ilv 360 (add three cycles of Warfronts).

Would it be to put gear only on warfronts? Oh wait, can't enter without a certain ilv, so have to wait for the portal and do a world boss...and that is it. Would it be to only come from 5 mans?

What is this thing with people wanting to remove stuff because suddenly gearing AN ALT is " way too fast and predictable". Yeah..it is so unpredictable when I go into a 5 man or raid and totally don't know the loot table. Oh wait, nobody will take me because ilv. (Also OBVIOUSLY it is not useless, because my alt can use SOME of it)

Guess I wait till my main funnels me some BoA gear. The game definitely needs to be more of a chore to remotely gear an alt. But it is an alt, right? Why does it need gear at all.
    What s horrendous thought that gear progression for a fresh alt should be a little longer than a few days. I played because of the progression from zero to hero, when thats over in a few days it makes it quite boring. Just my opinion of course. Last time the gear progression felt decent was in WoD, coincidentally it also did not have WQs.

This game is churning out absurd amounts of gear for every player on a daily basis. There are about 10 pieces of loot on offer daily from world quests alone. Add in a couple of dungeons, etc. and you're looking at much more loot per day.

How is this healthy for the game? How is the game going to keep pace next expansion? 20 pieces of loot a day? Then 50? Items are already at that point where we simply don't care about them anymore. And with gear at the forefront of character progression this is alarming. Compare this to MoP where you'd be doing world quests (ie. dailies) for at least a week or two to get an item. And the item you'd get was actually decent. Now with RNG littered throughout the game you may never see an upgrade.

At some point Blizzard needs to completely scale down the astronomical gear inflation, beginning with Titanforging. We need to get back to sensible numbers of loot being distributed so we feel something when we get an item.
    its kinda weak argument considering how shit that gear is.

Right now this game hemorrhages gear. I have 5 120s and I can't name one piece of gear on any of them, its all generic. I'm pretty sure if anyone is being honest with themselves they can name 5 pieces of gear from vanilla before they can name 5 pieces from BfA even if you haven't played vanilla.
    I've played since Vanilla.

I'd be very hard pressed to name more than a few pieces of gear ever. The only pieces that come to me are Wall of the Dead, my first epic world drop I got in Sunken Temple, and the various legendaries across the expansions (except for Legion's legendaries). I can tell you where some good pieces of gear some of my characters cared about over the years, but those memories are more frequent for recent expansions. I.e. I farm Waycrest10 for a +10 Warforged Scythe polearm on my monk and druid tanks. I remember being excited about the Saurfang trinket for my rogue back in ICC. My warlock loved the trinket off of Gul'Dan, and my druid loved the trinket off of Lei Shen.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    And those ten pieces are some garbage 360 items.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

my rogue need new weapons, rings and a trinket. i am not getting upgrades and haven't in close to 2 months now, you know what i am getting ? scrap trash. Just because you get a lot of items, doesn't mean its good

wont be long till they make loot work like it does in Diablo

10+ Year Old Account
    So? The loot is increased randomly from a selection pool. You don't take long as a new alt to out gear it and you basically just use the scraps/disenchanting more.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I get maybe 3-4 pieces a week. All useless. So I don't target them. Unless they are close to a War resource one, or an Azerite power one, I don't even bother.

But really it is about the choice and option. This is not meant for somone to go get all of those items every day. Of course some do. But once again, a chronic complainer will post nonsense.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. I hate it. The gear has been completely generic since WoD when a lot of this RNG everything started and to be honest I hate it.
    I want my gear to matter. I don't want to get 20 pieces of useless gear I'll just end up selling or grinding up for mats I will never use. I rather wait a little and get one good upgrade that will stick with me.

And yes, I can't name a single piece of gear in BfA but I can name a bunch from MoP and back to Vanilla.