Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW tokens in Classic WoW?

Hey.

Imagine Having WoW tokens in Classic WoW, So instead of having to farm and struggle you can just click a button and get instant rich.

Well, not the token shoulden't be the usual 100k-ish gold, But maby something like 500 - 1000g.

I would like that.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I didn't play in Vanilla, but this one thing, alone, would ruin Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Token money comes from other players, not from nowhere. That means someone has to pay 500-1000g for token. That means lots of players focusing on AH playing or botting or boosting. That toxic stuff doesn't belong in Classic.

So hell no.
    Well, any amount is good i guess dosen't have to be super high. Just take gold from the rich and give to the poor (and lazy)

Which would you prefer tokens or gold farmer spam? Keep in mind either way there will be a way to buy gold with RL $ in Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappidoo View Post
    Which would you prefer tokens or gold farmer spam? Keep in mind either way there will be a way to buy gold with RL $ in Classic.
    Yeah, it's basically that, but Blizzard is a lot more diligent about gold farmer spam. You'll see guilds selling raid runs for gold like they do now, or dungeon runs for T.5 as well.

Part of me wants the token just so when I can't afford something like mount training, suddenly I can. However, that also defeats the grind that Classic is known for. It also creates a lot of issues with gearing since a lot of gear and items can be purchased on the AH early. Look at beta where people are raiding 55+ dragons or doing dungeons 10+ levels higher than the cap. Considering a lot of decent items come from both world drops and mid-range dungeons, being able to purchase them using your money to buy gold doesn't sound good for Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    Well, any amount is good i guess dosen't have to be super high. Just take gold from the rich and give to the poor (and lazy)
    Literally the antithesis of Classic WoW.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappidoo View Post
    But Blizzard have upped their detection to the point it put one of the biggest bot makers out of business. The token did not remove gold seller spam on its own, blizzard stepped up their game and broke the major botting programs.

So why will gold spam appear again?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Tokens as they exist in BfA would murder Classic.
    Whole idea in vanilla was slow pace with rewards you have to earn, and mount/awesome BoE gear were significant achievement for a majority of players. Giving them instant gratification would ruin that experience and decrease interest faster than Asmongold hair escaping their master.

There might be alternative, game time for gold directly with the Blizzard. You pay, say, 1000-2000g and get your month free. That's it. But this would be bad for a company, in the end this game is their business and you can't pay rent with WoW gold. It would be good for gamers, help with gold inflation over time but I would totally understand if they won't choose that route.

I would rather have tokens than gold farmer spam.

Having said that they can try harder to combat the gold farmer spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I would rather have tokens than gold farmer spam.

Having said that they can try harder to combat the gold farmer spam.
    What gold farmer spam? I have not seen any gold seller spam in wow for years.

Didn't they already announce that there won't be tokens coming to classic? I might have imagined it but I'm sure I saw that somewhere.

Either way, I don't want tokens myself. The grind and sense of achievement when actually getting a good idea or enough gold to buy what you want is part of what makes Classic appealing. If you can just buy a token and sell it for gold, it takes away that entire point. Sure gold sellers will no doubt try and profit from Classic but

1. Blizzard are much better at detecting bots/suspicious trades and banning people
    2. Even if someone buys gold from a gold seller, if they get caught they'll be banned and the gold/items they get won't effect the game.
    3. Players can help fight against gold sellers by just reporting any spam they see.

So while it'll happen, it'll be much less of an issue than in Vanilla and a much smaller impact than introducing tokens would be.

Quote Originally Posted by vbnm247 View Post
    What gold farmer spam? I have not seen any gold seller spam in wow for years.
    Ok why do you think that is? The answer is in the title of this thread.

many threads on this... search before creating a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Ok why do you think that is? The answer is in the title of this thread.
    Lol you think the only reason for gold spam to end was the token?? Blizzard also became more aggressive in targeting bots so they couldn't sell gold at a cheaper rate. The upgrades to warden are still on going and classic will be protected by warden (one of the major reasons they had to make sure classic worked on the modern infrastructure.

I remember ban waves occurring within weeks of new updates to the bots, the tears on the bot forum were sweet.

WoW Token i Classic would make it a Pay-To-Win game, therefore it will never happen. It's just such a stupid move even Blizzard knows it.

And when it comes to the gold sellers, they will always be there. No matter if there's a WoW Token or not, they're always cheaper.
    And by now, Blizzard has way better tools to get rid of both BOT's and people buying gold.

While I agree all the things stated has put a heavy dent on gold spammers and botters, they still exist. I still see spammers on heavily populated realms (Though admittedly I can't remember if its gold or other stuff they are trying to sell). If there is a profit to be made expect to see them in Classic. Hard as it might be to believe people will setup literal sweat-shops where people farm around the clock, bot or no bot. Gold will be handed out in game and not mailed and will be divided up between different characters when being delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Castration View Post
    many threads on this... search before creating a new one.
    If you're not gonna contribute to the discussion then please refrain from writing. Don't want to derail the topic

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey.

Imagine Having WoW tokens in Classic WoW, So instead of having to farm and struggle you can just click a button and get instant rich.

Well, not the token shoulden't be the usual 100k-ish gold, But maby something like 500 - 1000g.

I would like that.
    Wouldn't happen for classic. Then again, never say never. If in classic, I guess, 10k.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you're not gonna contribute to the discussion then please refrain from writing. Don't want to derail the topic
    This topic has many threads... why are you creating new ones?

Why don't you create threads about how WoW is dying too? It's original, just like this one.

Don't blame castration for your shit thread. You have said nothing and offered nothing that has not already been mentioned here:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...be-a-WoW-token

So I guess if you are not going to contribute to the forum then please refrain from making shit threads.