Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Question How we earn gold in Classic ?

I know there was no daily quest in classic wow or world quest with emissary . So how we earn gold and where we find it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Grind, grind, grind, grind.
    what grinding ?

Probably selling dungeon runs and raid spots. As usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    what grinding ?
    Mobs that give 1-30 rep per kill and item turn ins.

10+ Year Old Account
    boes, cloth, ore

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Probably selling dungeon runs and raid spots. As usual.
    I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.

Pretend you're a shy (single) girl... your guild friends will help you out!

I always played the AH and added a bit of focused (on select goods) farming.

I know there was no daily quest in classic wow or world quest with emissary . So how we earn gold and where we find it ?
    well...professions matter in classic and raiders will want pots galore etc so that's one way to make gold

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    It pretty much never happened, I cannot recall once a spot being sold, and we were also the top raid guild on the server.

Only thing we had closest to it, was the AQ launch event, where the person who turned in the most items (for us to hand in) got taken on our BWL/MC run with a friend, and could have pick of 4 items of their choice (legendaries reserved). But that was more of a "Get the gate open" event crapshoot than selling.
    you're right I don't remember it either because as you say the economy wouldn't support it but mat farmers could grind out a living playing the AH as noted above

create warlock / hunter
    do maraudon princess runs solo

50g per hour

enjoy ur classic experience

(if u want the gold quicker, the chinese are always selling it Kappa)

Level 60 rogue. Enchanting.

Run Razorfen Downs in stealth, kill all bosses, disenchant all blues, sell shards in AH for level 19 twinks who make Fiery enchant. Do that several hours a day.

I was probably one of the richest players in Dethecus doing this with about 6000 7000g.

what grinding ?
    Tyr's hand was a nice spot to grind in group or even for solo with certain classes.

Darkwhispering gorge also was nice for the eye of shadow, which was needed for benediction.

Eventually, trolls from Jintha'alor ( hinterlands ) which dropped a herb whose name I don't remember ( I was able to sell em for 90s each, and its rarity was uncommon. The image could have looked like the "kingsblood" herb, but it wasn't kingsblood ).

Quote Originally Posted by joggerwearerlol View Post
    create warlock / hunter
    do maraudon princess runs solo

50g per hour
    Could you explain a little more?
    Last edited by Gatto; 2019-05-26 at 06:20 PM.

Grinding mobs is the only way to extract money from the game.

remember, selling stuff to players does not generate gold, it just redistributes it.

what grinding ?
    Your crotch, in Goldshire.

10+ Year Old Account
    There was some grey item turtle shells from the turtles in thousand needles I remember farming to make gold for level 40 mount/training. Think they sold for 45 silver a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Grosbill View Post
    I don't remember that ever beeing a thing in Classic because of how scarce gold was.
    That wasn't the reason, that culture just didn't exist that strongly yet.
    It'll be in classic, and there will be a ton of it.

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Grinding mobs is the only way to extract money from the game.

remember, selling stuff to players does not generate gold, it just redistributes it.
    What does this have to do with the thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatto View Post
    Eventually, trolls from Jintha'alor ( hinterlands ) which dropped a herb whose name I don't remember ( I was able to sell em for 90s each, and its rarity was uncommon. The image could have looked like the "kingsblood" herb, but it wasn't kingsblood ).
    -Wildvine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Your parents are assholes and so are you.

Professions are pretty steady. Crafting materials as well. Then you have the grind for random drops. It really isn't that hard because you don't need millions. The difference is the game just doesn't mile stone you at points where you already have the goods. So at 40 when you want that mount you won't just automatically have the money. You will have to work for it.

On release, gold just doesnt come out of thin air. If you put stuff on the AH right on release, you aren't going to be rich instantly, because while people need materials, they also need gold too, and they won't be able to afford your materials unless you put them for dirt cheap.

The only source of gold is from 1-time quests and their reward, and mob drops. There are no dailies/WQ's/similar in classic. You get 1 shot at completing quests, then you grind mobs for the rest of your gold and vendor the stuff you get (unless obviously if the item that drops is particularly rare and worth more to another player).