Quote Originally Posted by Henx View Post
    YAAAH!! Only a victory against Lichenstein at home will be enough for Finland to qualify! Never 100% but this feels like it!
    You probably got it now. I always like to see new teams qualify for final tournaments.

So far we have:

Belgium
    Italy
    Russia
    Poland
    Ukraine
    Spain

In a month we should know the rest of them, other than the final four who need to play the play-offs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    It's hard to care about a qualification match for a tournament you're already in.

Beating the shit out of Bulgaria with all that happened in the crowd after goals from Rashford and a Sterling double felt good yesterday. Was a far better team performance than the week before.
    Portugal isn't qualified yet. That whole nation's league didn't give a ticket, it just gave you an extra chance at acquiring the ticket. If Portugal doesn't qualify, they get another chance in the nation's league playoffs. It's extremely silly at the end of the day but I do see their point.

It's hard to care about a qualification match for a tournament you're already in.

Beating the shit out of Bulgaria with all that happened in the crowd after goals from Rashford and a Sterling double felt good yesterday. Was a far better team performance than the week before.
    Like @Cairhiin (you changed your name?) said, we are not qualified yet. But the last 2 games are against Lithuania and Luxembourg. And Serbia still has to play Ukraine. Even if we don't qualify, we have play-offs secured so... But we really wanted to win against Ukraine and qualify in first place but they are playing well and their GK had an inspired game, you should see his saves.
    Ukraine and Turkey can go far in this EURO, imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    Like @Cairhiin (you changed your name?)
    Nope. Have had the same nick, and avatar since I started my account. I'm just not that active in this thread because I don't care that much for PL football. I follow it at times, but I don't really care enough about any team. Just a diehard Ajax fan, and no one cares about Ajax here anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Nope. Have had the same nick, and avatar since I started my account. I'm just not that active in this thread because I don't care that much for PL football. I follow it at times, but I don't really care enough about any team. Just a diehard Ajax fan, and no one cares about Ajax here anyway.
    I still recognize you from the avatar but was not sure about the nickname anymore. Same, I only come here now during International matches or when the European Competitions get interesting, starting in the Quarter-Finals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah my bad. I assumed winning the top tier gave auto qualification.

Still, makes it harder to give a monkeys when you have a fall back plan.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Ah my bad. I assumed winning the top tier gave auto qualification.

Still, makes it harder to give a monkeys when you have a fall back plan.
    No excuse in my opinion. We are both European and Nations League champions. Shouldn't give away wins because of lack of concentration. If for nothing else, for honor.
    But again, even tho the match went their way, Ukraine is playing well. If they can keep it up in a final stage, that's another story altogether.

Pogba hanging out on the beach with Zidane "injured" instead of gearing up for an important match.

Makes more money in a week than 99% of the world do in a year and cant even turn up to play footy. Makes me sick

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754

I was at the Yeovil game today, and I was close to the bunch of morons throwing stuff. There were no monkey chants and I heard no racist epitaphs. That doesn't mean there wasn't some but the current media narrative is we're guilty so I don't think it really matters.

A small group of our fans were morons, but it would be great if we aren't thrown under the bus without proof just to show the FA look like they're doing something.

I hope wales does well.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50111754

I was at the Yeovil game today, and I was close to the bunch of morons throwing stuff. There were no monkey chants and I heard no racist epitaphs. That doesn't mean there wasn't some but the current media narrative is we're guilty so I don't think it really matters.

A small group of our fans were morons, but it would be great if we aren't thrown under the bus without proof just to show the FA look like they're doing something.
    From the very article you linked:

""It must be said that 99.9% of [Yeovil] fans are also disgusted by what's happened as much as we are. One club, one community.""

From their opponents. Maybe you should stop assuming the media is out to push a narrative without reading the full article.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    From the very article you linked:

""It must be said that 99.9% of [Yeovil] fans are also disgusted by what's happened as much as we are. One club, one community.""

From their opponents. Maybe you should stop assuming the media is out to push a narrative without reading the full article.
    That was from the club...The club aren't the media. At one point sky sports headline was 'horrendous racial abuse cancels FA cup game'

That's not even going in to the social media aspect where we're already clearly guilty and people want us banned for 10 years.

A group of 6 or 8 fans were dickheads who threw beer, spat on a goalie and lobbed glass bottles, we deserve scrutiny and scorn, but lets face it, someone has to be thrown under the bus at some point and we'll be an easy target with the current climate. Once the report comes in, then we should be judged, but in the world of social media, we're guilty and all our fans will be guilty.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2019-10-20 at 07:16 AM.

So the BBC, whose article you linked, isn't the media?

I mean, I haven't spent much time in England, but my recollection was that Sky Sports was kind of the ESPN of the UK - hot take central. IE, something no one takes seriously.

Also, social media is not reality. In any way, shape, or form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving VAR so far.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

This first half is so weird. Feels like Liverpool are treating us with respect which honestly they shouldn't. This is a team that got beat by Newcastle and Crystal Palace in the league this season, not the team that won the treble under Fergie. We have been a bit lucky with VAR as well, not saying the decisions we're wrong - but you have seen similar decisions go the other way and in that regard I'm surprised our goal was allowed and their wasn't.

Still, 45 mins left and anything could happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get what is happening with Liverpool, they've not been convincing for a while. Can still see them doing something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    This first half is so weird. Feels like Liverpool are treating us with respect which honestly they shouldn't. This is a team that got beat by Newcastle and Crystal Palace in the league this season, not the team that won the treble under Fergie. We have been a bit lucky with VAR as well, not saying the decisions we're wrong - but you have seen similar decisions go the other way and in that regard I'm surprised our goal was allowed and their wasn't.

Still, 45 mins left and anything could happen.
    Liverpools goal i dont agree with at all. All handballs are disallowed now with the new rules this season so that one was obvious.

United's goal is abit weirder tho. In normal play id say it's a freekick, but i dont think VAR should go back to far and change decisions unless it's a very clear fault from the ref.

But credit to United. Really didn't they could play this well against one of the best teams in the world. Still alot of time to play, but United have been better than they have all season so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    The perennial problem that’s never learned. Sit back, invite pressure, concedes goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cren View Post
    Liverpools goal i dont agree with at all. All handballs are disallowed now with the new rules this season so that one was obvious.

United's goal is abit weirder tho. In normal play id say it's a freekick, but i dont think VAR should go back to far and change decisions unless it's a very clear fault from the ref.

But credit to United. Really didn't they could play this well against one of the best teams in the world. Still alot of time to play, but United have been better than they have all season so far.
    But it clearly was a fault with the ref. Kicking the back of a player is a foul. Which what happened to Origi, which in turn was the start of the build up to the goal. Even Gary Neville said the goal shouldn't have stood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But it clearly was a fault with the ref. Kicking the back of a player is a foul. Which what happened to Origi, which in turn was the start of the build up to the goal. Even Gary Neville said the goal shouldn't have stood.
    Not a clear and obvious error.