Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Classic is not for everyone, and there is no problem with that.
    Exactly.
    Some people were wrong about it, thinking that they would love it, and will in the end be bored.
    Some other were wrong about it, thinking they would hate it, and ended up finding it very fun.
    Some other were right about it, thinking they would love it, and actually loving it.
    Some other were right about it, thinking they would hate it, and, well hating it.

Just don't piss on the parade of those who like it, nobody is forcing anyone to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    It is (right now) objectively better than WoD, as there are three available raids and the expansion isn't over yet.
    Third raid has two bosses and is barely touched by anyone, not even mentioning that 17 bosses in T17 isn't that different from 19 bosses before 8.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I think this is what I'm always thinking when I tell people raids will be facerolled and they are extremely easy. Sure the actual fights might be easier than current fights, but the way people say it implies there will be full clears by week 2 by gobs of people.
    Sure, they aren't exactly hard. Mostly because we have done them, and we have faced similar challenges in different forms many times over the past 15 years throughout many games. We are seasoned veterans going back to the basics. But to gear up 40 people will take a very long time. Figure you might get 1 piece every 2-3 weeks. If you were getting them at such a frequency, that would be months to gear you up. Do that for 40 people, and it takes sooo long. Come time for BWL, AQ40, and Naxx, gear will be quite important. Molten Core can and will be done in pre-raid gear, so that one will be a breeze, but going to have to grind the hell out of that place to get ready for the next challenge.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by WowClassic View Post
    I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.
    That's entirely possible. But at the same time, perhaps you see now that swinging from one extreme to the other isn't going to do you (or anyone else) any favors? It might sound kind of boring, but the best way to look at things is usually to try to look at it from both sides. Certainly not to attack people for liking or not liking something.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's different.

There are people who are massive enthusiasts about the classic who end up disliking it once they get their hands on it. Meanwhile there are people who are vehemently against it who end up liking it when they actually give it a try.

A large part of the initial experience is honestly what class you play and how much time you give it. If you've never played retribution paladin in Vanilla but have played one in literally any other expansion, boy are you in for a rude awakening. If you love warriors but haven't played one in Vanilla, you better be prepared at having nearly 0 impact active abilities until you get whirlwind, and shortly after mortal strike. One or two button rotations actually don't bother me, but you can play some classes in the early levels with very little input (and IMO that feels bad). Don't get me wrong, warrior is pretty fun once you hit 40, but you might need to have your head checked if you think it's exciting in the earlier levels.

Most of the convenience things actually don't bother me at all. Flight paths? Perfect time to stretch or get up for a few minutes. Waiting for a boat/zepplin? Same thing. Long run distance? Line myself up perfectly and hopefully not auto run into mobs before I get back.

My opinion has always been that eventually the hype will probably fade away, but does it really matter? The resources they put into this isn't that large, and it makes people happy while giving people options. Options are never a bad thing to have.

Well I loved it so.

Hope you have fun with whatever game(s) you end up playing!

A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this".
    You were not wrong about Classic, you were just wrong about what you thought you wanted. There are many like you, sure, who won't want to touch Classic with a ten foot pole. But there are also many who do.

There was interest in Classic long before BfA and its issues. It's all a matter of what you want and like.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Well props to the OP for actually apologising. Judging by their posting history they were pretty damn condescending towards people who simply enjoy modern WoW and its convenience/ease of access, calling people newfags, uSiNG mIxEd cAsE to effectively call people autists.

I mean I can literally quote the OP here from a post he made on 27th May:

Charming man.
    Yup, I thought I was "fighting the good fight" so to speak. All I could see was attacks on Classic and felt it necessary to fight fire with fire. I now realise this was stupid and only further contributed to the toxic atmosphere. Classic enthusiasts need to realise that the guy who said "you think you do but you don't" wasn't pulling that out of his ass, he's been in the business a long time and probably knows the minds of players better than we do ourselves. It's a humbling experience to realise how wrong you were but I think it's better for me to be honest and potentially save others the same embarrassment.

QOL changes only made the game better. AOE loot being a prime example.

Classic deliberately waste your time - Its backwards design. They prolly didnt know how to code AOE loot or w/e back then.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

So I've been talking about how great Classic will be and have probably been one of the biggest fanboys around. However I recently got into the beta and I have to admit I got it completely and totally wrong. A few minutes after sitting there hitting mobs you get the sinking feeling of "I'm too old for this". Having to click each individual mob to loot them is painfully tedious. I got to level 5 on my Rogue and realised I couldn't play any more. I've realised that the quality of life improvements in the main game aren't the problem, it's just that BfA has been a lacklustre expansion and I believe this will rapidly change with the release of 8.2. I now think that 8.2 will kill Classic not the other way around.

I just wanted to apologise to all the people I attacked for doubting the success of Classic. I believe many, many people will go through the same experience as I have.

So you got to level 5 and decided that classic wasn't for you? That's fair enough, but I don't respect your opinion. Here's why: Getting to level 5 takes less than a single hour of gameplay... Furthermore, you played a rogue, Rogues don't get duel wielding until level 10, so you didn't even really experience the feeling of what the class is about. Thirdly... You finish your main point off with "Now I think 8.2 will kill Classic". That single line of text makes me believe that you're full of BS and you don't really have access to the beta in the first place.

Someone not enjoying Classic WOW is a completely fair stance. The game does feel old, it's very basic and it does take a long time, however... If you've only got to level 5 I don't think you opinion is worthy of a forum post on here. You've basically experienced nothing and you probably dedicated all most as much time on your post as you did the beta.

Some people like the slower leveling experience, to immerse yourself in the land, the quest, the character, and just relax and take your time exploring. That's something I miss when I reach max level in expansions. The leveling experience is usually the best part of each expansion, but it's also the shortest, where as in classic it could take a very long time over many lands to reach max level. Max level was more of a side effect than a goal, for me.

I'd love if they added 30 or so levels instead of the measly 5-10 per expansion, and made huge and many zones, instead of 3-5.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilbruz View Post
    Why does "X" always have to potentially kill "Y"? Why can´t we just agree that both "X" and "Y" is ok, and can live side by side
    Because there can be only 1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    I feel Classic is like going back to school. It might have been fun at the time but no way I would do it again.
    Same for me. I had a lot of fun in High School, but have no business being there anymore now that I'm older.

I'll still make a character to run the old Deadmines and maybe Scarlet Monastery eventually. But there's no way in hell I get to 60 in Classic, Live's endgame shits all over vanilla's and to me it's not even close.

Meh, I'm taking my sweet time in beta, play it on and off when I feel like it (level 24) and I FUCKING LOVE IT! I forgot about so many things I love, the music for the loading screen, the music in different zones, meeting people and grouping up for group quests or quest chains like the Defias one in Westfall, people running around giving me buffs I totally miss (mark of the wild woot!)and actually remembering names of other gamers when you see them in the next zone because you've seen them before. I forgot what it was like to have to melee as a hunter until I got some nice skills in ranged that actually did something. Getting aspect of the cheetah felt almost like getting a freakin' mount when I did finally get it at level 20, basically things feel like rewards, like my first green! Haha getting a 12 slot bag was also amazing. BoD is not a really great expansion and I've played them all except WoD for which I played the beta and was like nah. I plan on keeping up with retail and maybe the next xpac will be better but for now, I'm all about Classic come August.

You might want to hang on to that apology until Classic actually releases. While you may very have been "bored" with Classic when logging into the beta, the very fact that it takes time and effort to progress your character may have played into it.

A lot of people do not want to put much time in a beta that will be gone in 2 months. It's an entirely different story when we're talking a new, permanent server.

With that said, Classic is not for everyone... and for those people BfA is waiting with open arms... (and empty queues)

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    This is quite possibly the dumbest possible sentiment. If things like server infrastructure differences and Battlenet integration will "ruin" the vanilla experience for you, you're just searching for things to be mad about.

No wait, I was wrong.
    BfA isn't a "mega-flop" outside of an echo chamber of people who take the opinion of twitch streamers as gospel. It is (right now) objectively better than WoD, as there are three available raids and the expansion isn't over yet.
    Noooo I loved WOD! The raids in WoD were actually amazing... As were challenge modes. The leveling experience was really good too. It was just too short for an expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, I thought I was "fighting the good fight" so to speak. All I could see was attacks on Classic and felt it necessary to fight fire with fire. I now realise this was stupid and only further contributed to the toxic atmosphere. Classic enthusiasts need to realise that the guy who said "you think you do but you don't" wasn't pulling that out of his ass, he's been in the business a long time and probably knows the minds of players better than we do ourselves. It's a humbling experience to realise how wrong you were but I think it's better for me to be honest and potentially save others the same embarrassment.
    Im more annoyed by the people are insisting it only exists in the past yet retro gaming is more popular than ever. Bfa is not good period.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2019-06-13 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    BfA is waiting with open arms... (and empty queues)
    You are totally right. Nobody plays BfA. It took me 5 whole minutes last night to put together competent groups for mythic+. Dead game for sure.

Seriously though, I think this is the number one reason why some people want Classic to fail: the completely obnoxious and absurd fanboy community. Sure it is just a vocal minority but it is an extremely annoying and loud minority.

Classic will have its dedicated fanbase, that's all that matters. It'll be there as an option, only a select few ever hinged its existence upon "killing retail". Childish and delusional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    You might want to hang on to that apology until Classic actually releases. While you may very have been "bored" with Classic when logging into the beta, the very fact that it takes time and effort to progress your character may have played into it.

A lot of people do not want to put much time in a beta that will be gone in 2 months. It's an entirely different story when we're talking a new, permanent server.

With that said, Classic is not for everyone... and for those people BfA is waiting with open arms... (and empty queues)
    As per above, delusions.

Meanwhile, queue times for most content are faster than ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    You are totally right. Nobody plays BfA. It took me 5 whole minutes last night to put together competent groups for mythic+. Dead game for sure.

Seriously though, I think this is the number one reason why some people want Classic to fail: the completely obnoxious and absurd fanboy community. Sure it is just a vocal minority but it is an extremely annoying and loud minority.
    I did a warfront at 4 AM, queue time was 4 seconds.
    So few are playing that queues are filling quicker than ever!!

I think both versions can coexist.