Poll: What's your favorite setting for the next expansion?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Black Empire, doesn't need to be underground though. Just cover Azeroth in darkness.
    Not really seeing how a Black Empire expansion would work given the current story unless there is time travel involved. Only 1 old God left and he is going to be dealt with this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Not really seeing how a Black Empire expansion would work given the current story unless there is time travel involved. Only 1 old God left and he is going to be dealt with this expansion.
    I guess we'll have to see. People are speculating that he will survive this, and there are Void Lords out there, they can toss more old gods or similar our way.

Non of them.

Rather see the shadowlands, an alternative version of Azeroth with alot of dead characters.
    I would love to finally team up with Grom, Sen'jin, Ogrim, Zul'jin and others from the 2e and 3e war instead of fighting them like in WoD.
    And beat the forces of death and ofc the dead forces of the old Alliance that have fallen in the past.
    You can have updated versions of Kalimdor. Eastern Kingdom and Northend in the shadowlands just with a different skybox.
    If ppl really want the Lich King story to continue then it might be far more interesting to see what Arthas and Ner'zhul are doing in the shadowlands rather then have Arthas wannebe Bolvar getting a spotlight.

Northrend 2.0, sounds so boring compaired to the shadowlands realm. (my opinion ofc)
    Last edited by tromage2; 2019-06-18 at 01:01 PM.

I don't care. I just don't want new theme to be about something generic, like just blue water, green trees and grass, lava, green fel crap, etc. I also don't want it to be about some overused things, like humans, orcs, trolls, elves. I don't want it to be about just another Warcraft mission. I want something NEW. May be new planet. And cat race.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2019-06-18 at 01:00 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I guess we'll have to see. People are speculating that he will survive this, and there are Void Lords out there, they can toss more old gods or similar our way.
    And it took 1000s of years to form the original BE. That is another reason I doubt it. N'zoth has only been freed from his prison relatively recently. Another reason. But you never know.

15+ Year Old Account
    WHAT IF.... at the end of BFA, Azeroth continues to die and we are forced to look for another planet to move and live in.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    And it took 1000s of years to form the original BE. That is another reason I doubt it. N'zoth has only been freed from his prison relatively recently. Another reason. But you never know.
    That's a good point you got there though. Personally I want a Void Lord expansion, with Azeroth being in some kind of darkness at least, and we'll save the world once again during that expansion. Maybe that is too soon. Whatever it is, I hope it's good :>

10+ Year Old Account
    The moon. I want to go where no orc and human has been. Yes, I am serious.

Imagine all the cool thing that can be done, completely alien cities, maybe a ruined civilisation, ethereals and the void done differently, maybe even remnants of the burning legion. And the best thing, azeroth has 2 moons, making it even cooler for a content patch.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The next expansion should be a follow-up for the current. Battle for Azeroth will end with N'Zoth to be pushed back (not defeated) and next, there will be...

"World of WarCraft: Civil War" (just a placeholder title)

Revamp the old world. I want Silverpine, Tirisfal, Gilneas, Hillsbrad, Western Plaguelands (Eastern Kingdoms) and Teldrassil, Darkshore, Ashenvale Forest, Felwood and Everspring (Kalimdor) to be endgame content. Stop creating time travel problems with phasing and Chromie. After reaching level 60, don't make us go to Outland and so on (this should be optional and whoever wants to do the old raids should quest there to reach the "BC maximal level" like with professions -> you are maxed at "BC leveling" and are maxed at "Current Exp leveling" -> you get the legacy buff).

5+ Year Old Account
    I want K'aresh, I'm tired of the "vanilla" -not the game- landscapes we've been getting since Cata (although I welcomed Deepholm and Vash'jir back then) at least. They are pretty and all, but a change of pace is required imo.

I envision K'aresh as a mixture of Netherstorm, Outland SMV and Telogrus Rift, with a weird, eerie Crystalsong-like forest here and there. I'd !@#&ing love that
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

1000% sick of the "void", lets get (back?) to some high fantasy themes. With High Elves, and Bards!

I voted "Dragons".

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo Hawk View Post
    I hope so. A new Outland with all the technologies they have been developing through the years.

It's a magnificent, magical land, worth revisiting to push left apart narratives from there.
    I am sure with all the Goblin, Gnome, and Ethereal tech they could find away to keep it from falling apart and maybe even pull it all back together.

5+ Year Old Account
    The realms of the dead. Even if it is on Azeroth. Like a portal to the shadowlands on some forgotten island that lets death flow out into our world.

It could even lead to an Old World, Northrend or even Pandaria revamp. Or all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    The moon. I want to go where no orc and human has been. Yes, I am serious.

Imagine all the cool thing that can be done, completely alien cities, maybe a ruined civilisation, ethereals and the void done differently, maybe even remnants of the burning legion. And the best thing, azeroth has 2 moons, making it even cooler for a content patch.
    FFXIV Will go to the moon. We don't know when or how, but we will go there eventually. It's basically a running gag that it comes up as a setting for every expansion reveal. It is bound to happen. Wether Yoshie-P is serious about 7.0 or that's just a joke is a different matter. We do know it will happen.
    Last edited by Wangming; 2019-06-18 at 02:34 PM.

Black Empire ... exploring massive underground caverns ... sign me up.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Revamped old world with WQ everywhere not only new locations.
    This. I really want them to totally revamp questing/leveling experience on all known continents.
    Adjust each location's themes (like, in Westfall you have four longass quest lines: Local wild life (boars, fleshrippers, coyots, golems), Brotherhood, Gnolls and Murlocs), with valuable rewards, after you complete all of them you unlock WQ for this location, with weapon, armor, transmog items, toys, in rare case - mount rewards.
    Do the same for all locations. Rotate Epic WQs (like five WQs in different locations in a week) with a chance to get cool mount/cool transmog and shit out of them.
    And you will get most locations alive and people will really level in open world.

Quote Originally Posted by SaneOstrich View Post
    To each their own. I hate the outland aesthetics, so glad I skip it completely while levelling these days. For all it's flaws BfA zones are fantastic imo.
    Honestly, I was just using outland as an example. I don't want more sci-fi and don't really like that look that much, but I want something a little more fantastical than another plain or coastland area.

I think Pandaria is closest to what I mean, even though it wasn't really "alien". Something with a clear and strong stylized feel. The BfA zones look great but aside from maybe Drustvar a lot of them are really lacking in character.

Well, not northend, but Sylvanas going Lich King 2.0, she would invade all azeroth with the scourge and we would have to defeat her.

10+ Year Old Account
    A planet-hopping expansion. Ideally, this would have been Legion: part 2, but the void gods could be the 'big bad' to fight here. Maybe, after saving Azeroth's world soul, she could send us out the find other World Souls in her quest to fight the void.

Since I can't have my Favorite Setting... "Elisande's Private Chambers", I'd love to see some Underground & Caves / Black Empire. I mean I love dragons and all, but blizzard would somehow screw it up, and make us kill them or something, and My Void Elves would love to see some more Old God Action not hidden behind the thin veil of "Horde Vs. Alliance" again...