Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    If Love was at about $25m... solid All-star money, I'd say he was right where he needs to be. His ~30m contract is just a little too much. The best part of Love is you know what you get and you know he will perform, play-offs, clutch, championships, you want a guy like that on your team. But I don't know if that would carry a premium over typical $24-25m all-star money. I would think that would be icing on the cake, or something you would carry in to negotiations to get more performance bonuses.

I watched the Celtics game tonight... Nice of Walker to argue a flop and get tossed. I feel he cost them the game or at least a real shot at winning.
    NBA needs a hard-line no flopping/no creating contact rules. They should review calls between quarters and assess fouls for flopping players, and remove fouls for flagrant contact that gets a whistle (the team can keep their free throws, no need to change the score).
    Disagree completely that you want Love on a team going for a championship. Love was routinely terrible against the Warriors in the playoffs. His playoff totals look ok because he did well in the early rounds, but against good teams he was fairly useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Disagree completely that you want Love on a team going for a championship. Love was routinely terrible against the Warriors in the playoffs. His playoff totals look ok because he did well in the early rounds, but against good teams he was fairly useless.
    I can respect that, I still think he has solid post season stats. I think he is reliable in the clutch. He's also been playing as a PF/C, I think we often think of him as a SF or a ball dominate star, but that's not the role he's been playing. For PF/C to be shooting 43% from 3, and 85% from the line... you really don't find that from that position.

I can respect that, I still think he has solid post season stats. I think he is reliable in the clutch. He's also been playing as a PF/C, I think we often think of him as a SF or a ball dominate star, but that's not the role he's been playing. For PF/C to be shooting 43% from 3, and 85% from the line... you really don't find that from that position.
    True, but people are shooting 69% against him at the rim. That's terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

Well, that started poorly for the Celtics... I was hoping this game against the Lakers would be competitive and a bit of a measuring stick after a tough period and some injuries.

- - - Updated - - -

That's more like it

- - - Updated - - -

Lakers going to their bench for the final minutes. That was satisfying. Only wish the Celtics could play like this all the time, they looked amazing tonight.

Jazz have been on fire and I'm super glad that Conley's return went well.

There's been a lot of talk about Donovan and Gobert for the ASG and while I think both deserve it, ESPECIALLY Rudy, it's probably only going to be one of them if either gets in at all. And it would be Donovan.

Gobert is the best player on the Jazz. Period. His mere presence on the floor forces many teams out of the paint. But this kind of thing isn't measured with statistics or numbers. The ASG is for fans, and unfortunately as a result has become all about how flashy you are.

Gobert gets shit done, but he isn't flashy.

This has been the most fun I've had watching basketball. Ever. I admit it's far from my favorite sport, and I do tend to only watch exciting teams like the Warriors when they were unstoppable. But man. Every player on the Jazz is a star to me right now. Rudy is unstoppable at the rim, Royce is an amazing perimeter defender. Jingle has been down the past couple games in terms of points, but him starting always makes the team better. Bogey is accurate as hell from deep. Jordan Clarkson can score a ton when he wants, making the bench so much better. And if you made every quarter the fourth quarter, Donovan would be the highest scoring player ever.

Well at least you Utah fans are happy. *takes a drink* Nets fucking suck and Knicks are obviously trash.

It's kind of hard for me to even find games to watch because there aren't other super great teams, I think?? Just ALL and MIL? Idk, maybe that'll change after football season ends and especially after All Star weekend.

Titan
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Well at least you Utah fans are happy. *takes a drink* Nets fucking suck and Knicks are obviously trash.

It's kind of hard for me to even find games to watch because there aren't other super great teams, I think?? Just ALL and MIL? Idk, maybe that'll change after football season ends and especially after All Star weekend.
    Hey, New York has to be irrelevant in at least one major sport.

Congrats to the 11 fools who made the ignore list, your ignorance knows no bounds, bravo!

Just gonna leave this here:

We should have lost this game but Rudy made sure we stayed in it. Bless his beautiful French heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Kobe Bryant is gone........

Dunno how to feel right now. Time to hit the bar.

Holy shit. Kobe Bryant apparently died in a helicopter crash outside LA.

Woj tweeted it. https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1221521133608079368

Fuck helicopters man. They're stupidly dangerous and dont have the same ability to glide if something goes wrong as planes do.

Im still in shock

This sucks, I really hope his wife and daughter weren't with him.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    This sucks, I really hope his wife and daughter weren't with him.
    TMZ confirmed Vanessa wasn't. Think it would've been reported already if kids were with him.

And...my younger sister told me all 4 of his kids were with him. That would equal 5 victims reported dead per CA Sheriff's department.

Still Developing.....

I wouldnt believe anything besides Kobe dying atm really. Youve got people saying his kids were with him and people saying they werent. So...lots of conflicting info.

but man, i remember in 2004 (or maybe it was 2003? I know it was one of the years I was in HS) going to a mavs - Lakers game and seeing Kobe play. That memory is gonna become dear to me now.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    It was friends and colleagues, book it.

One of his kids is a newborn...why would he put her in a chopper?

5 victims reported dead. Fair to assume Kobe and whoever the pilor was so that makes 2...mathematically impossible for his 4 kids to be with him.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Man it takes me back to High School when even if you didn't know Basketball you knew what a "Kobe!" was.
    9.0 Speculation Thread #1 Leakbuster

Finally guessed the expansion right for the first time since MoP.

Retail - Wyrmrest Accord (A) | Classic - Bloodsail Buccaneers (A) | FFXIV - Crystal Datacenter

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    TMZ confirmed Vanessa wasn't. Think it would've been reported already if kids were with him.

And...my younger sister told me all 4 of his kids were with him. That would equal 5 victims reported dead per CA Sheriff's department.

Still Developing.....
    It's unfortunately being reported Gigi Bryant was with him. I can't even imagine...

Awesome road win for the Celtics. Miami a tough out at home usually. Grant Williams playing a great game, doing all the little things right. I think he can be Smart 2.0

Gobert and Donovan both made it in to the all-star team. Suns fans are pissed. Meanwhile, Jazz lost two in a row, and are at Denver tonight in a back to back. Looking at a good chance for three.Spurs couldn't miss last night, and I guess the Rockets just don't need harden or Westbrook.

Tatum made the All-Star team as a reserve and Celtics looked pretty decent in a win against the Warriors AND we got extended time for the bench players including 1st round pick Romeo Langford.

All in all a good night.