Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://old.reddit.com/r/nba/comment...rris_tackling/

Here's an alternative angle. Morris leg collided with Jokic's previously injured right knee. Morris should get the worse punishment, because it was intentional and targeted insitgation.

The Morris's are also pretty well known to play dirty.
    Last edited by Crissi; 2021-11-10 at 02:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaaand apparently hunting season on the other team's superstars is now open. Morris got a 50k fine, Butler got 30k for trying to escalate (dirty scumbag) and Jokic got 1 game suspension without pay (which in his case is many 100's of k's).

What a joke.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's laughable. Morris' klnees better watch out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Nah, Morris clearly blind sides him
    No.

I don't think you know what "blindside" means.

Jokic admitted in the presser after the game that he saw Morris coming. The only blindsiding was Jokic on Morris.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand apparently hunting season on the other team's superstars is now open. Morris got a 50k fine, Butler got 30k for trying to escalate (dirty scumbag) and Jokic got 1 game suspension without pay (which in his case is many 100's of k's).

What a joke.
    Ugh, that's horrible.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    No.

I don't think you know what "blindside" means.

Jokic admitted in the presser after the game that he saw Morris coming. The only blindsiding was Jokic on Morris.

Ugh, that's horrible.
    Seeing him coming doesn't mean he knows that Morris was going to try to level him. He blind sided him. Morris had no reason to do what he did, zero, Jokic didn't hard foul anyone there was nothing that would make him expect Morris to try to truck him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing him coming doesn't mean he knows that Morris was going to try to level him. He blind sided him.
    That's literally not what blindsiding means in this context, sorry. In order to blindside hit someone in sports, you have to be coming at them from where they can't see you.

It's not the same thing as the figurative use of "blindside" which is often used in other contexts meaning just "shocking surprise".

Jokic saw Morris coming. It's not a blindside, period.

And Morris didn't try to level him. It was a hard foul, a bad hit, but it wasn't the same force as Jokic used on Morris a few seconds later.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Shaq: When you hit me don't turn your head cause it's coming.

He hit Jokic, then turned around and sold a hit. If they wanna suspend Joker a game whatever, Morris should face 3-5x whatever punishment Joker faces. He is a dirty coward who tries to instigate something cause he was losing a game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    Shaq: When you hit me don't turn your head cause it's coming.

He hit Jokic, then turned around and sold a hit. If they wanna suspend Joker a game whatever, Morris should face 3-5x whatever punishment Joker faces. He is a dirty coward who tries to instigate something cause he was losing a game.
    This is the first time I’ve watched the actual incident. Ridiculous debate, Morris started what was worse than a flagrant foul, jokic hit back equally, and tbh pretty restrained. I expected a punch or something but it was a hard shoulder bump. I know the feeling of wanting to do worse and powering down to that little counter move in frustration but not wanting to go too far.

Morris 3 games and fine, jokic one. Arguing about textbook definition of words…Morris started it and his was worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    This is the first time I’ve watched the actual incident. Ridiculous debate, Morris started what was worse than a flagrant foul, jokic hit back equally, and tbh pretty restrained. I expected a punch or something but it was a hard shoulder bump.
    Morris led with his shoulder, Jokic led with his shoulder. But Jokic's hit was harder and from behind. Anyone suggesting otherwise is simply ignoring the truth. The video speaks for itself. Jokic saw it coming and was staggered a few steps. He then ran up and laid out Morris from behind.

Arguing about textbook definition of words…
    Lol. There's no argument. The word legitimately has specific meaning when it comes to hits in sports. It literally originated as a football term for being hit from the side in which you're not looking. Blindsiding a player is outlawed in many sports because it exacerbates the potential for serious injury.

The term has been co-opted outside of sports in a figurative sense to generally mean "caught unaware", though it's often debased to simply "caught by surprise", which is not the same thing. Jokic saw Morris coming and knew that there was going to be contact. He expected a take foul, but received an unwarranted hard foul by Morris. That foul was definitely an FF2 and Morris was properly ejected for it.

But Jokic took a running start and blindsided Morris in return. Morally, I don't have a problem with it, because Morris sure as hell provoked it. But from the league's standpoint, it was still a blindside and that's too dangerous to allow.

Morris started it and his was worse.
    Whatever you want to tell yourself. The tape doesn't lie.

- - - Updated - - -

That moment where you realize that the Cavs, led by... uh... Kevin Love?... Ricky Rubio?... Collin Sexton have a better record than the Lakers led by LeBron, AD, and Westbrook and nine(?!?) players taking a veteran minimum contract this year.

Also, remember when the Cavs offered Kevin Love that $120m 4-year contract extension and everyone thought it was a really good deal for the Cavs to lock down that top-tier talent?

No, neither do I.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Morris led with his shoulder, Jokic led with his shoulder. But Jokic's hit was harder and from behind. Anyone suggesting otherwise is simply ignoring the truth. The video speaks for itself. Jokic saw it coming and was staggered a few steps. He then ran up and laid out Morris from behind.

Lol. There's no argument. The word legitimately has specific meaning when it comes to hits in sports. It literally originated as a football term for being hit from the side in which you're not looking. Blindsiding a player is outlawed in many sports because it exacerbates the potential for serious injury.

The term has been co-opted outside of sports in a figurative sense to generally mean "caught unaware", though it's often debased to simply "caught by surprise", which is not the same thing. Jokic saw Morris coming and knew that there was going to be contact. He expected a take foul, but received an unwarranted hard foul by Morris. That foul was definitely an FF2 and Morris was properly ejected for it.

But Jokic took a running start and blindsided Morris in return. Morally, I don't have a problem with it, because Morris sure as hell provoked it. But from the league's standpoint, it was still a blindside and that's too dangerous to allow.

- - - Updated - - -

That moment where you realize that the Cavs, led by... uh... Kevin Love?... Ricky Rubio?... Collin Sexton have a better record than the Lakers led by LeBron, AD, and Westbrook and nine(?!?) players taking a veteran minimum contract this year.

Also, remember when the Cavs offered Kevin Love that $120m 4-year contract extension and everyone thought it was a really good deal for the Cavs to lock down that top-tier talent?

No, neither do I.
    It's more Rubio than Sexton, he's been really good. Love was a great player, he'd be pretty great as a role player somewhere, but his team leading days are years behind him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, now we have a fracas in the Pacers/Jazz game. Gobert and Turner going at it, but nothing as serious as the Morris/Jokic incident.

EDIT: Two technicals, four ejections: Turner, Gobert, Mitchell, and Ingles.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2021-11-12 at 04:26 AM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I think in general the league is still hostile and unaccepting of foreign players, especially if they are better than 99% of the league (cough Doncic had multiple issues, his 2 playoff series against Clippers, not to mention the Bitch ass white boy comment)

- - - Updated - - -
    To be fair, Doncic might just be a guy now that the James Harden Rule is in effect. He's approaching Westbrookian shooting numbers this year.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

No, neither do I.
    Yup, Joker hit a lot harder. I say good for him. You need people to think you're a little crazy in order to get respect sometimes. Maybe this will stop the next guy from taking a bitch ass cheap shot at you at the end of the game. One game suspension is a good price to pay for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    Yup, Joker hit a lot harder. I say good for him.
    Yeah, I can't find any sympathy for Morris. Like, at all. He should have gotten his own suspension, though, too.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

BTW, speaking of Westbrook... guy shot 82% from FT line first 9 years of his career (through his pointless MVP season). Since then he's shot 70%, including 65% over the past two years. Anyone else remember someone who just keeps getting worse and worse at shooting over his career? It's just weird - to me might speak to lack of interest as he continues to give zero fucks about playing winning basketball.

10+ Year Old Account
    So people have been nay-saying the Warriors' early success based on their relatively easy strength of schedule so far. Tonight was going to be the real test of that with the 10-1 Warriors going up against the second-best record 8-3 Bulls.

The Dubs are demolishing the Bulls, leading by as much as 27 in the 4th.

EDIT: Ended with a +26 margin at 119-93. There were a rash of early turnovers that led to the Warriors being down 10 in the first, but then they started taking care of the ball and then just rolled.

Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2021-11-13 at 05:35 AM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Knicks falling back to earth. Neither Randle nor Barrett is shooting well, which is very concerning, especially Barrett, because he can’t be a star unless his shooting improves (and 68% career ft% indicates it prob won’t).

Is something going on with Utah? They're usually quietly doing their thing but all I've heard about lately is fight after fight and they seem to be losing a lot of their games.

Also, hopefully Trae has finally figured something out. My Hawks been struggling

I happily watched the Lakers, my number one pick for the worst managed franchise that won a Championship, get blown out by a team that is based on 3 out of 4 players who could have been in Lakers uniforms this season for less than what Westbrook costs. Lonzo, we all know that story, 18m. DeRozan, 26m. Caruso, 10m or 8.6m... Westbrook, 44m. Anyone of the previous players would have taken less, especially if they were still on the team, and all of them are better than Westbrook, except for the occasional night when he plays like it's 2013.
    Imagine a line up of Davis, LeBron, DeRozan, Lonzo, and Caruso. Literally the best line up in the NBA, wouldn't even be close to any other line-up another team had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are tearing the Nets to pieces; they're up 27 a few minutes into the 4th. Curry is rolling with 34 already, Durant is only at 19 and Harden is at 24.

- - - Updated - - -

Curry departs now with 37 points, a little over 5 minutes left and the Warriors with a 28 point lead.

I doubt we'll see Durant or Harden for the remainder, either.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the thing that gets me the most about this game was the fact that Curry was in foul trouble early. He got his fourth foul with 7:00 to play in the third and Kerr sat him for the rest of the quarter. When D.Lee came in for Curry, the Warriors were up +13 and the lineup was Draymond Green, Jordan Poole, Damion Lee, Kevon Looney, and Gary Payton II. Late in the quarter, Iguodala came in for Looney, and Jonathan Kuminga came in for GP2.

Durant and Harden were on the floor for the entire remaining 7 minutes of the third while Curry was gone, and when it ended, the Warriors had stretched the lead from +13 to +22.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it wasn't exactly pretty, but the Warriors improved to 14-2 in a game where Steph Curry, Draymond Green, Andre Iguodala, and Otto Porter Jr. all sat for rest. Including Klay and Wiseman, that's $122m of this year's salaries off the court for this game. The combined salary of four of the five starters today was only $10.7m.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils