Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It doesn’t appear the majority of democrat voters felt the way you do.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. You have to win to make any political gains. You’re not going to lose your way to a more progressive future. You’re just going to keep losing.

The only way to move America towards a more progressive system is by having the more progressive party win, even if it they aren’t as progressive as you’d like.
    No. The Dems capitulate and panic which causes them to push candidates like Biden and Hillary. Most people are only paying a passing attention and will go with the popular candidate.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Maybe compared to the rest of the world, but not the United States.

Other than Carter and FDR, who was more liberal?
    Eisenhower?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No. The Dems capitulate and panic which causes them to push candidates like Biden and Hillary. Most people are only paying a passing attention and will go with the popular candidate.
    Biden was a natural choice for a possible candidate, because he's one of the most high-profile Democrats in the country. His choice to run (and win the nomination) shouldn't be surprising in the slightest.

Maybe compared to the rest of the world, but not the United States.

Other than Carter and FDR, who was more liberal?
    The US doesn't have its own definitions of liberal and conservative. Thinking liberal and conservative are relative is part fo the problem. When we make the terms pliable, it becomes easier for conservatives to embrace facism, like is happening now.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Eisenhower?
    I'd consider him more of a centrist and pragmatist. Not only that, he was a Republican, so that wouldn't really help the other poster's case.

Now, compared to the rest of the world, Obama may be a centrist. In the United States, he's a liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

The US doesn't have its own definitions of liberal and conservative. Thinking liberal and conservative are relative is part fo the problem. When we make the terms pliable, it becomes easier for conservatives to embrace facism, like is happening now.
    Of course they do. Thee's Trumpsters who consider themselves conservatives, who don't have a conservative bone in their bodies.

America has long had a screwed up connotation of those terms.

Biden was a natural choice for a possible candidate, because he's one of the most high-profile Democrats in the country. His choice to run (and win the nomination) shouldn't be surprising in the slightest.
    Who said I was surprised?

The POTUS elections always come down to independents. Independents didn't;t vote for Obama then Trump, because fo policy or political ideology, they voted that way because they want different from same old same old politician.

The mistake is acting like who the Dems like is important. It isn't. Dems will vote Dem regardless of who is on ticket just as the Repubs will do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd consider him more of a centrist and pragmatist. Not only that, he was a Republican, so that wouldn't really help the other poster's case.

Now, compared to the rest of the world, Obama may be a centrist. In the United States, he's a liberal.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they do. Thee's Trumpsters who consider themselves conservatives, who don't have a conservative bone in their bodies.

America has long had a screwed up connotation of those terms.
    You're not really making sense.

Something either is or isn't conservative or liberal. You don't get to redefine them. This country has leaned right for a very long time. But being to the left of the current right doesn't make something liberal. I cannot stress this enough, this capitulation is why we are where we are.

Who said I was surprised?

The POTUS elections always come down to independents. Independents didn't;t vote for Obama then Trump, because fo policy or political ideology, they voted that way because they want different from same old same old politician.

The mistake is acting like who the Dems like is important. It isn't. Dems will vote Dem regardless of who is on ticket just as the Repubs will do the same.
    In reality, the election boils down to a very small group of independents in a few states. It also depends on how enthusiastic voters are. In the case of Bernie supporters, they are no longer enthusiastic, their guy lost. Now, will they get enthusiastic for Biden, will they stay home, or will they revolt, and shill for Trump? At the end of the day, I think the DNC has decided trying to appeal to Bernie supporters may be a waste of time. They are historically unreliable, and many are simply Trump supporters in disguise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    You do know not one person here cares or bothers with what you say about Bernie right? Expecting you to say anything meaningful about bernie would be like expecting Trump so say something meaningful.
    You bothered, so you care.
    Thanks for the free rent

BAck on point.
    Bernie just ran an awful campaign. He was just going through the motions for weeks, if not months. He played his supporters and donors.

Now we seethe hard core supporters. They're so ashamed of getting played, they're still lashing out at Biden. Instead of admitting they misread the primaries.

I admitted months ago, one of the key reasons I couldn't support Sanders is that his campaign was full of bad staffers. Better at grifting his naive supporters than actually building a coalition.

Sorry, people tried to warn you.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    You bothered, so you care.
    Thanks for the free rent

BAck on point.
    Bernie just ran an awful campaign. He was just going through the motions for weeks, if not months. He played his supporters and donors.

Now we seethe hard core supporters. They're so ashamed of getting played, they're still lashing out at Biden. Instead of admitting they misread the primaries.

I admitted months ago, one of the key reasons I couldn't support Sanders is that his campaign was full of bad staffers. Better at grifting his naive supporters than actually building a coalition.

Sorry, people tried to warn you.
    He still ran a better campaign than your dearest that got 3rd in her state, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Ohh still throwing shade at Warren I guess?

Proves two points about the most toxic of Bernie supporters.
    1. More interested in their personal grievances with Dems that dropped out weeks ago, than with actual policies.
    2. The unshakable air of chauvinism, lacking any dignity to call Warren by name.

Not good looks guys.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Milchake was a Bloomberg stan for a little while here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Hillary, who won the popular vote by millions of votes, and Biden, who swept the democratic primaries?

Setting the United States on the right foot starts with removing Trump from the white house as soon as possible and casting who he is, what he stands for, and the clout of people that support him into political obscurity and an embarassing footnote in the history books. Everything else can follow after that, but that step is the most important one.

Obviously, democratic voters felt Biden was the best to do that. Was he my first choice? No. But I know for a damn fact that I want Trump to not be president more than I care about... uh... "sticking it to the poser libs" or whatever people's pissant motivations about "abstaining" are going to be, by not voting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I see why you parrot what others say.

Bloomberg Stan is terrible.

Man, all those non-toxic Bernie supporters are making #DemExit trend in the U.S.........fueled by......you guessed it, Jill Stein.

Reading that hashtag is truly horrendous. I'm glad on days like this that I can easily remind myself that Twitter means less than nothing, in politics.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Man, all those non-toxic Bernie supporters are making #DemExit trend in the U.S.........fueled by......you guessed it, Jill Stein.

Reading that hashtag is truly horrendous. I'm glad on days like this that I can easily remind myself that Twitter means less than nothing, in politics.
    So the bar for "Toxic" is not voting for Biden. Man no wonder everyone is Toxic to you people.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Citation please. I mean if your posts are plagiarism, then they just sheer fabulism. Bloomberg was like the last choice, a failsafe above a concern troll like Tulsi.

Far cry from being a stan.

THough Bloomberg did have nice anti-trump Ads. They were visceral and on point.

You always like to point out that you didnt support Trump. But unlike Bloomberg, you never seem to be interested in criticising Trump or McConnell.
    I mean 20k posts of bad faith attacks on Dems. Which is basically carrying water for the Right.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the bar for "Toxic" is not voting for Biden. Man no wonder everyone is Toxic to you people.
    Yeah, you aren't fooling anyone with that feigned ignorance.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Yeah, you aren't fooling anyone with that feigned ignorance.
    Was not voting for Hillary then also toxic and voting for Trump?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was not voting for Hillary then also toxic and voting for Trump?
    I don't want to play in your reindeer games, sorry.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    I don't want to play in your reindeer games, sorry.
    Yes, well I grow tired of yours as well.

I will continue to advocate for the position I think is best.

If Bernie voters want any power, than not voting for Biden has to be a credible threat. The vote is the only power you've got and it only works if you are willing to withhold it.