Poll: Who are you rooting for to claim QUEEN AZSHARA?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

3 humiliating 2nd place finishes in a row for Limit. How much sheer humiliation can one guild take?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    true, we can't declare a winner just yet
    The winner is who kills the boss first, friend.

I do think it's a shame that this is where it "ends" for most of the community, though. It really diminishes the hard work of all of the top 10+ guilds that competed.
    Really feel bad for Pieces. I like them quite a lot but they were mostly ignored this whole race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    I'll be honest, I kinda hate Preach after he did his MoP hate video, but I really enjoyed him in Method's stream. Sadly, the Method's stream itself was so terrible that I often floated to Red Bull's instead. However, their stream was just awkward and weird, so I watched Max instead + he's kinda hot anyway
    Hahaha that kind of describes my experience, minus hating Preach. I've always like the guy, he even read one of my drama time submissions!

He was the only positive for Method's stream though, imo. I watched mostly Red Bull's stream, and embraced the cringe. Sometimes Max's if I wanted to hear talk about strategy. I hope Method considers open comms next time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keysta99 View Post
    3 humiliating 2nd place finishes in a row for Limit. How much sheer humiliation can one guild take?
    You're right, all of the guilds who don't get #1 should disband immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Keysta99 View Post
    Ask Method, after all they had 3 straight humiliating second place losses in a row to Paragon as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    I didn't mean difficulty. I meant her involvment in the fight. A more extreme example is Deathwing in Cata. We just killed tentacles basically.

The azshara fight feels more centered towards the adds and the room, less about her.

That's what i meant
    Yeah, that's something I dislike in terms of theme. Jaina basically solo'd the raid after phase 1, almost every single mechanic was her casting stuff at us or even creating the arena we fought on. Lorewise her being so outrageously OP is dodgy, but it did make for a super cool and thematic fight.

Azshara is kind of all over the place. She's supposed to be an insanely powerful Mage -the most dangerous one on Azeroth, probably- but most of the mechanics revolve around her adds or the room she's in. She does cast four impactful abilities on Mythic, two of them instakills, but even then the most worrisome mechanics are the wards, the two add types in ph3, and the console in ph4.

Elisande felt more like Azshara than Azshara herself did.

I wonder what the raiders think of Eternal Palace & especially Azshara as the last boss, though.

Anyone know if there's a vid of their thoughts, or clips? I haven't managed to catch all the interviews and looking through Twitch is annoying.

I wonder what the raiders think of Eternal Palace & especially Azshara as the last boss, though.

Anyone know if there's a vid of their thoughts, or clips? I haven't managed to catch all the interviews and looking through Twitch is annoying.
    Deepshades said the raid was fine and azshara was something new but not very exciting - but he understood the devs for trying lots of new things and he's looking forward to the last tier.

they are doing interviews now on method main channel, scripe is on right now

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I'm sure if you were only second best in the world at your profession, you'd be upset too.
    He probably seen Seinfeld on becoming seond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAxsAO8Yzf8

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    Well, GZ Method. But if we take the whole raid into account it's really hard to say who is the best performer overall.

Yes, Method killed Queen Azshara first, but Limit got to last phase pre nerf. Method wasn't even close at getting into last phase pre nerf.
    Limit killed Za'qul 26h prior to Method, thats big plus in points if you ask me.

All in all I think the end result is pretty much tie between Method and Limit if you ask me. Now let's cheer up the Limit to finish this boss!
    A tie, right

Alright, thanks for the answers! Glad to hear the raid was well tuned, it definitely didn't look like a one-boss raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    *method got world first

"Well, I guess it's a tie"

lmfao priceless
    We got peeps like that trying to win a gold medal medal in Mental Gymnastics every raid.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    Method proves yet again they are the best guild in WoWs history
    Second best, Paragon were miles better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, thanks for the answers! Glad to hear the raid was well tuned, it definitely didn't look like a one-boss raid.
    It wasn't perfect but it was a huge step in the right direction.

Even though our guild didn't really struggle on it, I think that the first boss of this tier is where the difficulty should start. We really shouldn't have mythic bosses that are easily puggable in the first week. If Radiance and Behemoth were around the difficulty of boss 1 or preferably harder I would think this is one of the most well-tuned tiers to date.

The fights themselves, though...I haven't made it to Azshara yet but it truly looks like an ass-tier fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Entirely unsurprised Method won. I want to say they've won all but 2 raids in BFA and Legion, but I can't honestly remember how all of them ended.

Method got world first, even though they had a 16 hour disadvantage. Just proves their superiority

Limit W H OMEGALUL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Different guilds for different times. Paragon was awesome, but they would have a very hard time building a roster with the time requirements that exist in world first raiding right now.

Paragon's reign was also very short lived, basically 4 tiers. They took over in TOC, cemented it by ICC, lost in in Dragon Soul when they got banned, and disbanded.
    didnt they also win imperator?

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Entirely unsurprised Method won. I want to say they've won all but 2 raids in BFA and Legion, but I can't honestly remember how all of them ended.
    They lost Emerald Nightmare and Nighthold in Legion, and Crucible of Storms in BFA. Apart from those they won every single tier since BRF.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    I still think Limit aint killing this boss with their current strategy this reset. They're most likely gonna get world 2nd though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    I still think Limit aint killing this boss with their current strategy this reset. They're most likely gonna get world 2nd though.
    A guy from pieces saying they are going to change to a 2 heal, maybe Limit might give in and change as well