Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Sylvanas maybe never made it fully to the maw or the valkyr have to sacrifice to bring her back from it whenever she dies. I mean do they have to sacrifice for every single soul they bring back or just the maw ones?
    ALL souls go to the maw now, and they have been ressing a ton of other fodder without dying during cata, something about Sylvanas is special

Edit: ...They have been ressing a ton of other fodder... Guess the Val'kyr are just fine getting people out of the maw despite it being a one way street?

Quote Originally Posted by NotTrihard View Post

Shadowlands has no content from the looks of it but it's still early so we just gotta wait and see
    Randomized solo-5 player dungeon endgame is huge. Why do you keep ignoring it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    Simply put, yes.
    already far more complex in simplified terms than:

kill other faction
    kill garrosh
    kill lich king xD

shadowlands will be glorious!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Pretty much. Not unlike a certain other Shadow expansion boils down to "Restore the Night."
    So just like almost every WoW expansion could be boiled down to restoring something...
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

So in a week in Shadowlands. I do my Mythic+ 10 run, raid two nights a week (this is what our guild does) do my Torghast run (I choose how much time I spend on this) and cap my Anima for the week outside of that whatever else I want to do (PVP,WQ,etc) I'm fine with this. I feel like this will be easy enough to complete without having to spend so much time in the game all week or else you fall behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean this might be the last expansion of Sylvanas and we're directly dealing with Death so a Dark Ranger class is basically dead (so is Necromancer but that class never had a chance to exist).
    No idea why you claim Necromancer is dead, we already have it in the game. It wears plate and is called unholy, it has all the abilities a Necromancer should have.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this might be the last expansion of Sylvanas and we're directly dealing with Death so a Dark Ranger class is basically dead (so is Necromancer but that class never had a chance to exist).
    To be fair, they could have given some classes another spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    No idea why you claim Necromancer is dead, we already have it in the game. It wears plate and is called unholy, it has all the abilities a Necromancer should have.
    I always said a DK is a better Necromancer so don't use that argument against me.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Honestly, I wish they'd make unholy DKs more into Necromancers.

But that seems to be exactly the opposite of the train of thought they're employing with regards to classes in Shadowlands.

I always said a DK is a better Necromancer so don't use that argument against me.
    Shame we didnt get any confirmation of the removal of armor restrictions on transmog. I would have made the most kickass necromancer set on my DK, kit it out fully with ranged talents and have fun with the ultimate Necromancer.

WoW dev story by Monte Krol coming up on Stay Awhile & Listen panel, starting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Honestly, I wish they'd make unholy DKs more into Necromancers.

But that seems to be exactly the opposite of the train of thought they're employing with regards to classes in Shadowlands.
    The ony way they could make them more of Necromancers is making them ranged.

Honestly surprised they have not done it yet, they clearly want to, given the large amount of abilities and talents that function at range.

Whelp, guess I was wrong about Torghast's rewards. Seems weird to limit it to legendaries only.

The ony way they could make them more of Necromancers is making them ranged.

Honestly surprised they have not done it yet, they clearly want to, given the large amount of abilities and talents that function at range.
    Make them uniquely capable of "taming" undead pets like hunters can with beasts, make them more ranged, let them use int plate.

But Blizzard has taken the stance of bringing the specs closer together to have a unified DK, or Paladin, or Warrior experience, so I don't expect them to do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien Handler View Post
    Whelp, guess I was wrong about Torghast's rewards. Seems weird to limit it to legendaries only.
    Pretty sure it will have cosmetic rewards and more generic rewards eventually, sounds to me like the runes you use to make legendaries is just the main selling point of it. Similar to how dungeons are for gear, not mounts and transmog, despite both those things being available from dungeons.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Vol'jin was saved though, possibly by the Arbiter. It's clear someone intervened in his case.
    But we didn't see it (like how we saw Elune taking Ysera to the dreak, or Valkyr taking valarjaar to the Halls of Valor, or Eonar when we died) and he was clearly under the influence of Slyvy's allies at the beginning of Bfa. SO it was probably something between legion and bfa in lore
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

Dark ranger is literally just a hunter though? I'm yet to see any dark ranger in game do anything that doesn't just say "Hunter."
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

I am still at a loss for what the secondary plot of the expansion is going to be. I have to assume Void lords or Elune, but other than that i have no idea. Hopefully someone can help me out here, otherwise i will keep having to repeat my earlier point that an expansion set entirely in the Shadowlands is a bad idea thematically.

I am still at a loss for what the secondary plot of the expansion is going to be. I have to assume Void lords or Elune, but other than that i have no idea. Hopefully someone can help me out here, otherwise i will keep having to repeat my earlier point that an expansion set entirely in the Shadowlands is a bad idea thematically.
    Probably something to do with Dragons to seed the Dragon plot of the next expansion. Maybe Murozond?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Thinking about it... has to be something in legion or after, since we can talk to Voljin from the afterlife in BfA
    Yes, the as the Valkyr put it, they followed Arthas, & now Sylvanas & not Bolvar because "only someone who's seen real light & darkness can hold sway over Life & Death"

But her motive is still not clear here: It seems like breaking the crown, then freeing the jailor, to assume "freeing us all" is her goal, Freeing (or killing) "The Jailor" will effectively free all the souls from the maw. It seems her goal (and considering "where the hell do we as players go from here after ascending death itself?") is that by the end of Shadowlands, the Shadowlands itself will be destroyed, the Maw will be empty & an entirely new dichotomy will need to replace it. Maybe Sylvanas will be made the jailor in his place.

I mean effectively she will be made very weak again once the Jailor is released.