The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Beauty of streaming Alpha Beta is you have thousands of reinforced eyes watching your every move. So if you miss something, someone will see it and people will induce in mindless spam. Which is what we want. Guilds on Alpha like mine and Slootbag and Bajheeras etc have reported bugs for years. And people in our guilds actually mostly get reinvites. cause they report too.

Not sure what streamers you all are watching. Maybe you're watching Asmongold climb a mountain for 2 hours and then not play for 2 months? Maybe you're watching a variety stream er who got access for being famous then logged in got 2 levels and never played WoW again. There are lots of genuine streamers who report bugs. Feedback is different. That is a streamer by streamer basis.
    That's just pathetic, even for you.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I'm off tomorrow. Is it the day. Probably not.
    No. It'll be Wednesday (mah dudes).

Quote Originally Posted by pennem View Post
    no. It'll be wednesday (mah dudes).
    aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Maybe we will see the shadowlands after the hype died?
    When hype dies, it will go to Shadowlands.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by towelliee View Post
    Guilds on Alpha like mine and Slootbag and Bajheeras etc have reported bugs for years. And people in our guilds actually mostly get reinvites. cause they report too.

Not sure what streamers you all are watching. Maybe you're watching Asmongold climb a mountain for 2 hours and then not play for 2 months? Maybe you're watching a variety stream er who got access for being famous then logged in got 2 levels and never played WoW again. There are lots of genuine streamers who report bugs. Feedback is different. That is a streamer by streamer basis.
    Oof.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=03h07m30s
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=04h27m29s
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=06h58m11s
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=7h35m40s

Beauty of streaming Alpha Beta is you have thousands of reinforced eyes watching your every move. So if you miss something, someone will see it
    I'm sure it's easy to miss things when you "test" by spam clicking through quests and AoE zerging through quest areas as quickly as possible while not paying attention to anything going on around you.

5+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure sending everyone and alpha invite would keep everyone safely home. Do the right thing, blizzard.

Reminds me why I don't watch any streamers at all, that guy is annoying af. And vaping on stream...great example for the younger audience.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Funny how it's been a while since they released anything around that time, then...
    you dont get what i wanna say. ofc they have no problem with aug/sep/oct releases. but they do not delay a release to i.e. feb. do you know a blizz game that released in jan/feb in the last 5-8 years ?

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you dont get what i wanna say. ofc they have no problem with aug/sep/oct releases. but they do not delay a release to i.e. feb. do you know a blizz game that released in jan/feb in the last 5-8 years ?
    Given the total number of Blizz releases in the last 5-8 years, that's not much in the way of evidence. Your problem is that your point is bull.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Reminds me why I don't watch any streamers at all, that guy is annoying af. And vaping on stream...great example for the younger audience.
    Streamers entertain

Parents parent

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    When hype dies, it will go to Shadowlands.
    Omg I want Ray D. Tear to show up

Its stupid to limit it to Blizzard because 1.) its not up to them, but Activision and 2.) they barely release games anyway.

But yeah, Activision game Sekiro came out in March. Hearthstone came out in March. Diablo 3 came out in May. Overwatch came out in May. Original Starcraft came out in May.

do you know a blizz game that released in jan/feb in the last 5-8 years ?
    Warcraft 3 Reforged.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    Streamers entertain

Parents parent
    Well, then parents better keep their kids away from streamers. I'm not sure that's in the latters best interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Oof.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=03h07m30s
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=04h27m29s
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=06h58m11s
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/254276288?t=7h35m40s

I'm sure it's easy to miss things when you "test" by spam clicking through quests and AoE zerging through quest areas as quickly as possible while not paying attention to anything going on around you.
    Hahahaha that's funny. Thanks

Would be pretty funny if they had to talk about future of WoW before the short-term future of it actually managed to land, a la Shadowlands reveal at BlizzCon before 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

But I think they'll push for late October release, just before the Con. Otherwise it's a financial disaster of a year for them, a new product in Q4 would do a lot for the stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    There is no such thing as an unscrapped 8.3.5.
    We already got something with the xp bonus. If they asspull an 8.3.5 patch, I bet it would piss people off rather than please.

- - - Updated - - -

Because people latch onto buzzwords like flies to rotten fruit.
    Development doesn't happen on a whim, the contents and schedules of an expansion are not something you wing.

Not even WoD had scrapped patches, what we got was all that they were willing to give, with a nice chunk of empty hype fuel on top such as way more intricate systems and pure concept ideas...

- - - Updated - - -

Corona hit, that is why.
    There will be an Alpha.
    You’re reaaally gonna say WoD had no scrapped content? REALLY? You can’t possibly mean that seriously LOL. If you played WoD you know what was scrapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Would be pretty funny if they had to talk about future of WoW before the short-term future of it actually managed to land, a la Shadowlands reveal at BlizzCon before 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

But I think they'll push for late October release, just before the Con. Otherwise it's a financial disaster of a year for them, a new product in Q4 would do a lot for the stock.
    It doesn't really need to release to upswell subs. Prepatch will do that and since it's a decently disruptive one (will include the leveling changes and exiles reach in addition to the regular event stuff) it will probably get a good month+ before the expansion actually comes out.

just laughing my ass off at all the "oh we only don't have alpha yet because of the pandemic!!!11" ............... u guys really are the biggest ass kissers of the globe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    just laughing my ass off at all the "oh we only don't have alpha yet because of the pandemic!!!11" ............... u guys really are the biggest ass kissers of the globe
    How else do you explain almost 6 weeks of encrypted alpha. It's obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    How else do you explain almost 6 weeks of encrypted alpha. It's obvious.
    anyone that works in IT(yes i consider "gaming industry" IT aswell) and has ever had access to home office probably finds this to be a laughable excuse, theres literally no difference to working onsite. Obviously i dont know about blizzards workflow but i cant imagine them having to be in eachothers face to finalize a releasebuild that was presumably ready to be launched weeks ago(according to preach). There are enough tools nowadays to hold a decently sized meeting from home aswell. 1 Week delay wouldve been reasonable as to people getting used to home office, setting it up etc, but the now elapsed weeks with zero information/communication to be blamed on covid make no sense whatsoever. something else mustve went wrong imo(or they just want to take more time, maybe having realized potential with millions of people sitting at home maybe willing to dive into a more complete well rounded first alpha patch)
    Last edited by Dreen; 2020-03-25 at 12:43 PM.