Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    If you actually WANT a Lightbound invasion then you don't get an opinion.
    I dont want it persay. But when it happens i want it to be the best it can. Like for instance themes of the Alliance facing the shitter aspects of thier faith.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2020-05-10 at 10:33 PM.

I'm sure there will be a Lightbound fight eventually in some cosmic expansion (just like the inevitable Old God Council Fight) but it won't be anything drastic, because they can't come up with enough variety of aesthetics for the Light to make it a patch or expansion.

I'm sure there will be a Lightbound fight eventually in some cosmic expansion (just like the inevitable Old God Council Fight) but it won't be anything drastic, because they can't come up with enough variety of aesthetics for the Light to make it a patch or expansion.
    Sure they could, they just won't have the entire thing be Light themed, similar to Legion and not making everything Fel themed.

The only question is really just where said expansion would take place. Having it on an entirely light-centric world would get tedious, but Azeroth is always available to cough up another continent or two that could serve that purpose.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I dont know i reckon they could, mostly because i reckon i could. But i also wouldn't be shocked if it was just a smaller part of a larger expasion.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can if they wanted to, Shadowlands is proof of it. As much as I detest the whole stuff that Xe'ra brought up, I know that the day is coming. I can already see one of the phrases they use in said era/expansion. "Faith will be tested."

Back to the spoilers though... I hope they are false.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sure they could, they just won't have the entire thing be Light themed, similar to Legion and not making everything Fel themed.

The only question is really just where said expansion would take place. Having it on an entirely light-centric world would get tedious, but Azeroth is always available to cough up another continent or two that could serve that purpose.
    Next cosmic expansion will likely take place on multiple planets similar to what they're testing with the dimensions in Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The game really is in desperate need for another world revamp expansion where we can actually go back to EK and Kalimdor and figure out what has actually been happening there when we were off busy in Draenor, when the world was invaded by demons, what the world looks like after the last war and subsequent peace, and after Shadowlands the ramifications of an unleashed Scourge.
    Yes please.

There would be so much to explore.
    Is Bloodmyst still red?
    How are the Ghostlands doing?
    Is Deathholme still a thing?
    How cleansed are the plaguelands by now?
    How are the kingdoms holding up?
    Did the dwarves repair Loch Modans dam?
    Where did the night elves and forsaken settle down?
    Are the Twilight Highlands less of a void infested clusterfuck?
    Is Uldum ok?
    How dried out is the WoE?
    Is Westfall actually stable and how big is Sentinel Hill now?
    How green is Desolace now?
    Should we still call it Desolace?
    How's Gilneas doing?
    How flooded is Thousand needles?
    What the fuck is happening over in Duskwood?
    Did Darkshire get repopulated at all?
    Is Nethergarde back into alliance hands?
    Is Menthil Harbor still flooded?
    Is Winterspring still as cold as it was?
    Is the base of Mount Hyjal still a lava bath?
    Is Ashenvale now alliance or horde territory?

And most importantly:
    Did the vineyard in Northshire ever stop burning?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    If that happens before the Lightbound invasion I'm going to scream.
    Uuuuh, no thank you.

The Lightbound should stay on AU draenor for all eternity.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    -Snip-.
    The one question ive wanted to know since Wrath that cata ignored. All those taunka refugees that the Horde welcomed. Where the fuck did they end up?

- - - Updated - - -

Uuuuh, no thank you.

Gonna happen regardless of what we want. Might as well be interesting when it does.

And most importantly:
    Did the vineyard in Northshire ever stop burning?
    That Vineyard will never stop burning, the world revamp will have a subplot where the Gnomes and Mechagnomes realize they can use the heat generated to power their engines.

Speaking of power stuff though, I wonder how interesting it would be if the game touches more on the idea of technological progress. The Gnomes definitely have an understanding of electricity and artificial lighting, would be neat to have a world revamp show Stormwind with electric lampposts.
    Yes, it would be a bit of a blow to the style of WoW, but it would also be kinda realistic to have the Gnomes share their non-comabt technology with their allies.

If Turalyon will be killed in the book, then I expect him to return in the form of the infamous Lightforged Undead.
    When this inevitable "evil light" expansion will come, one of the raid tiers will probably be dedicated to LFU (Naaru will help to produce more of them) with Calia as an end boss.
    Maybe there will be storyline where LFU Turalyon comes back to his senses when Calia orders him to execute Alleria (cuz he still loves her). He defects and after Calia's demise - leads LFU allied race for the Alliance (he is from Lordaeron, IIRC).

I shouldn't have written this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velcor View Post
    Maybe there will be storyline where LFU Turalyon comes back to his senses when Calia orders him to execute Alleria (cuz he still loves her). He defects and after Calia's demise - leads LFU allied race for the Alliance (he is from Lordaeron, IIRC).
    While that may never happen, i do think that we'll at some point probably end up with a Naaru mind controlling her.

In the context of her rebelling because she doesn't want to enslave others, then some Naaru (probably Saa'ra) taking over her.
    She'd be a puppet, a puppet for the light.

Formerly known as Arafal

Yes please.
    -snip-

- - - Updated - - -

Uuuuh, no thank you.

what are you talking about? Alleria already saw that entire planets were already imprisoned by the light, and Xera is from our universe. what happened on Draenor was just forshadowing of a major problem that is very likely going to be a thing that will happen.

---

In regards to the other thing people are talking about this...yall need to look at like...any expansion.

Northrend, not every zone was covered in snow. Argus not every zone was covered in Fel. Outland had 3 zones that had pristine wildlife

It would be plenty easy to make a light dominated planet. You have your Maw/icecrown/suramar zone that is all Light prison, most likely the main area of civilization taht got doomed, and then you have 4 or 5 zones. Classic Scary place(swamp, big monsters), pristine wildlife area (with few sentient beings there is no need for them to attack trees and animals). A devistated zone like Hellfire, netherstorm, or Valsharah, maybe where the Civilization made its stand and got decimated by a superweapon.

as for the idea of it NEVER happening? They mentioned the idea in general that BOTH horde and alliance should be worried about going to far. The Humans, Elves, Draenei, Dwarves are all lead by priests. Void elves and Kul tirans have ties to the void. Worgen are corrupted by out of control nature magic. And Humans, Void elves, dwarves, dark irons, gnomes and mechagnomoes are all void tainted. The planet has been tainted by 4 old gods and there are entire bastions of power from the void all around the planet. Furthermore its apparent that Naaru are individuals, with their own agenda.s the ones in Outland are more altruistic, while Xera is more fundamentalist, not even being willing to work with void tainted entities.

I can easily see a scarlet crusade faction that Xera was a part of coming to azeroth and seeing void stuff...literally everywhere. finding our attempts to control it 'quaint' and declaring martial law. There are MANy directions they can go with this. The priests could lose their powers, the void elves could go 'to far' in fighting back. the priests could get mind controlled.

they could initially invade here, and then we take the fight to a planet. it could be legion/cata like where the main threat is 'here'. we could come back from SL to find the planet occupied. We could have the threat 'here' and we go to several Light controlled planets as the 4 initial zones and liberate them so they can help liberate us, and the "argus' zone like...a Light transfrormed stormwind or something. Ooo or hyjal. We know from Stormrage that the world trees roots are so deep that affecting them can alter the planet. so a great way to alter the planet would be to lightforged the world trees.

there are many things they can do and many ways to make it work.

and thats why its so annoying to act like what happened with Yrel is some story abomination. I'm sad she's evil now too, but thats the tragedy of it. She was a VICTIM of an elder evil that is still roaming around our universe. the fact that we saw it happen, and the fact that only a few members of the horde saw how horrible it was, is a form of Foreshadowing.
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

10+ Year Old Account
    Yrel and the whole narrative that started with Xe'ra(Light being anughty) is bad but I think people here are in for a rude awakening.

P.S. I do see it coming, I won't like it b ut I'm sure I'll find some value in it.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2020-05-11 at 01:19 AM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean does it really matter who dies outside of the Shadowlands, right before we go there?

Its stupid to kill him but obviously he will make a reappearance, I'd even wager he'd get Light rez'd like Cailia. And at least it'd quell some of the annoying screeching for Alliance leader deaths.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Turalyon dies... Please don't bring him back as a Lightbound undead abomination, i really hope those things never become a thing, let Calia be the only of its type... forever plz

Turalyon should have been a Lightbound Undead since we meet him on Legion. 1000 years old he should not look 55, why does Alonsus Faol have to look like shit while Turalyon looks like Clint Eastwood? He should look like a busted corpse held together by Naaru magic.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about not killing him like at all, no Lightbound no Light rez or any shit like that.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Velcor View Post
    If Turalyon will be killed in the book, then I expect him to return in the form of the infamous Lightforged Undead.
    When this inevitable "evil light" expansion will come, one of the raid tiers will probably be dedicated to LFU (Naaru will help to produce more of them) with Calia as an end boss.

I shouldn't have written this.
    I'm a bit confused here, why would they kill Turaylon in a book? I mean he just recently came back and all... I do hope they don't kill him

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    How about not killing him like at all, no Lightbound no Light rez or any shit like that.

Exactly, leave him alive.. We don't have any many Paladin champions around with Tirion dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

anduin shit character, he's just an agenda and a punching bag for feminists. He has no development, he is just a cuckold for the horde.
    Sad if Turalyon dies, and now Alliance has no paladins, only priests, fraction of pacifists and pink ponies.
    Last edited by Cherry123; 2020-05-11 at 08:13 AM. Reason: ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tiradon View Post
    I'm a bit confused here, why would they kill Turaylon in a book? I mean he just recently came back and all... I do hope they don't kill him

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, leave him alive.. We don't have any many Paladin champions around with Tirion dead.
    What is the point in keeping him alive though? He doesnt have much to do in the story except have a cool model and be a paladin/general type, and we already got Wyrmbane for that.

By killing him the writers establish a deeper narrative parallel between the 3 Windrunner sisters that will in turn make Nathanos' death more meaningful, and give more agency to Alleria, not to mention making her story more tense as she no longer has her husband to lean on, which might make her more susceptible to Void.

There are also far too many characters in WoW already, you cannot possibly give them all the exposure they need to stay relevant, one of those people being Arathor, who with his father dead might get more story in Shadowlands or beyond, as he indeed has been sorely lacking.